Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

October 2014 - thread 16 - newborn squishes and some impatient mums-to-be

(719 Posts)
Shirehobbit Thu 09-Oct-14 21:14:48

New thread smile

mum2kiss Thu 09-Oct-14 21:17:27

Thanks shire smile

Parking my arse for the foreseeable....

Mamami Thu 09-Oct-14 21:19:20

Making place - Giggling my bum off at the dogs!

Shirehobbit Thu 09-Oct-14 21:20:51

I wonder which of the impending babies will be first to arrive on this thread?

FlipFantasia Thu 09-Oct-14 21:21:40

Marking my places!

Ldt wow that was fast! Congratulations on your little boy!

Stigz deffo call triage - possible waters plus breech equals better safe than sorry!

Hope the three Mrs and Me are all getting on great!

STIGZ Thu 09-Oct-14 21:30:20

Just called, to put pad on & monitor for an hour then call back ... But as ususl they dont seem overly concerned, just like last time she told "a show" could mean labour could begin in two hours or two weeks - for me it was less than two hours and was nearly pushing out a breech baby in dp's car, so im rather paranoid this time

ohthegoats Thu 09-Oct-14 21:31:02

Parking bum until probably December some time wink

Induction is sexy now? Who knew!

Nothing going on here, went to aquanatal, bounced around a lot, drank wine, ate gorgonzola. Going to bed in a bit. Having a zen moment... feel strongly that waiting is right for now, even if I'm uncomfortable.

Shirehobbit Thu 09-Oct-14 21:33:32

You just want to hang out at the back of the bus with all the other cool kids, Goats

Pregnantagain7 Thu 09-Oct-14 21:34:39

Well that was sexy experience! Not! Dp trying to manoeuvre me round the bed sex with a bump that measures 47cms is not recommended!

Maybe we should take a leaf out of the dogs book next time grin

Wow ldt that was quick congratulationsflowers

binkybunny Thu 09-Oct-14 21:36:31

Flopping down my huge ass in a grumpy teenager having a strop sort of way. Due date tomorrow, maybe she's going to be in the 4%!

You dirty, dirty dogs grin shock

fatpony Thu 09-Oct-14 21:36:51

Congrats ltd.

am in a state of half denial/half excitement about the arrival of baby Fatpony tomorrow!

ohthegoats Thu 09-Oct-14 21:37:35

Congratulations ldt!

Pregnant - you on top is the only way to not feel like you're being hoisted around and in need of a crane. That's what I've found anyway.

Pregnantagain7 Thu 09-Oct-14 21:44:11

goats I would seriously worry about crushing him grin
I think I will be waiting til this baby's out!

Good luck for tomorrow fatpony these babies are coming thick and fast

kittyvet Thu 09-Oct-14 21:49:19

Congrats ltd!

PunkyBubba Thu 09-Oct-14 21:51:57

Hey all, well after pessary going in at 9.30pm last night, a good nights sleep, and very little happening this morning my waters went totally out of the blue at 2.30pm (I had been a little bit crampy before but that's it) and things went so quickly from there that in the end I gave birth in my side room on the antenatal ward (at 5.30pm) as there wasn't time to move me! It wasn't the same zen experience as DS1's birth, but I still managed to do hypnobirthing and apart from a bit achy and tired feel great!

James fed straight away for ages and been sleeping since, so need to wake him now for a feed.

Good luck to everyone else being induced, etc.xxx

Lily31 Thu 09-Oct-14 21:54:21

Congratulations ltd. Enjoy your new baby boy.

munday feeling for you, hopefully a good old cry might make you feel some relief. Like goats said earlier, download some comedies.

I watched Frasier at 5.30am this morning -bad stomach aches and loose bowels. It was easy going and distracting.

Any news from punky?

Lily31 Thu 09-Oct-14 21:56:37

Cross post. Congratulations punky!

Glad the hypnobirthing helped, that gives me some hope that it is worthwhile.

binkybunny Thu 09-Oct-14 22:07:41

Congratulations punky and ldt. Enjoy your newborns! smile

YellowWellies Thu 09-Oct-14 22:10:48

I think this is the busiest day on the bus so far - the day after the full moon.

Goats I think joining the Oct bus was a v wise decision - imagine if you were on the Sept bus sad. It'll happen when its meant to.

Stigz good luck, that's what happened to us, though as I was only 35 weeks we had to go in asap.

pebble82 Thu 09-Oct-14 22:12:06

Congrats on the newborns.

Marking myself on new thread whilst frantically reading my natal hypnotherapy book!

Pregnantagain7 Thu 09-Oct-14 22:17:56

Congratulations punky glad things were quick and straight forward fir you flowers

STIGZ Thu 09-Oct-14 22:21:56

Yellow how often where you feeling wet ? Im feeling like im needing alot of pee's, so dont know if some is coming out when peeing aswell, pad not wet after an hour ... Is this a good sign?

ldt87 Thu 09-Oct-14 22:25:09

Awww punky congratulations! 2 james born today! Xx

cabster Thu 09-Oct-14 22:34:39

Congratulations ltd and punky! I would love to make it a hat-trick but apart from some serious hip pain there's no sign of action yet...

Jeez, who let the dogs out? grin

cabster Thu 09-Oct-14 22:35:13

ldt even! Damn autocorrect

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now