Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

February 2015 #4 - Scans, glows, and shopping galore!

(1000 Posts)
freneticfox Thu 25-Sep-14 18:23:58

Onwards we go, gals!

STATS

freneticfox Thu 25-Sep-14 18:26:19

Thought I'd kick off with 20w scan pic :D

Bangonthedoor Thu 25-Sep-14 18:44:30

I'm here! Thanks frenetic lovely pic smile it's really clear! Mine wasn't really as baby was all squished up!

BanglesSpangles Thu 25-Sep-14 19:05:07

Whoop whoop, just checking in- waiting for my mum to stop faffing around on the next sale preview and go or for dinner with me

Memphisbelly Thu 25-Sep-14 19:45:54

Just checking in thanks frenetic

donkir Thu 25-Sep-14 20:15:09

Just marking my spot. Good job frenetic

Surf25 Thu 25-Sep-14 20:42:55

Thanks frenetic for the new thread and your scan pic is totally fab! Can't wait to see our little peapod on the 8th! Getting excited again!! Lovely to hear everyone's good scan news and news of the little boys and girls that are growing and developing inside us! Amazing!

LittleMissSunshine33 Thu 25-Sep-14 21:27:33

Just checking in! Thanks frenetic can't see your pic on my phone will nose tomorrow!
Can't wait for mine it's on 1st October.

Is anyone thinking of getting a 3D scan??

GeekyHybrid Thu 25-Sep-14 21:31:44

Thanks frenetic and congrats. Just marking my spot before going back to sleep. Just about keeping up with all the posts. Is it just me or does this pregnancy malarchey rob all energy?! Sleep time.

JacktheLab Fri 26-Sep-14 03:06:03

Howdy wide awake at three am!

Congrats lawyer another girl smile

I agree they can be mad on football etc my niece just wants to be a boy so her sex doesn't have to make any difference
Having a long weekend away with dh tomorrow not sure my ils know what's going to hit them looking after my ds!

Memphisbelly Fri 26-Sep-14 06:51:10

Jack have a great time, it will be good practice before they look after your ds and baby at the same time!

Littlemiss we will be having a 3d scan, we had one with ds so want to do it again to see if this one will look like him, having it at 26 weeks I reckon.

Im working today which never normally happens on a friday. Im totally over working at the moment. Got work tomorrow while dh goes go karting. The house is a tip after 2 weeks of loads of appointments amd work i am just too shattered after getting home

BanglesSpangles Fri 26-Sep-14 11:20:53

Hmm- swear I posted but it seems to not be here now.... Anyway, scan done, all fine and it's a boy baby smile

Bangonthedoor Fri 26-Sep-14 12:56:38

Yay congrats bangles! That's great news smile

My cleaning lady has just left. It is such a relief knowing that every 2 weeks my house gets a proper clean then I can just surface clean in between. It's £30 a go but she does everything, all the floors etc! I've sacrificed getting my nails done on a regular basis to pay for it but it's so worth it

freneticfox Fri 26-Sep-14 13:14:54

Congrats Bangles, another boy! :D

Feeling weird movements today, like a phone is in my uterus on vibrate! Very strange sensation, but I'm convinced it's baby smile

We're travelling down to visit family tomorrow, but kinda wishing we were having a quiet weekend, I'm back on full time hours next week and feel like I could do with a restful couple of days... Yawn.

tonightsthekindofnight Fri 26-Sep-14 15:02:02

Hey everyone. Thanks for the new thread. Had a scan this week and all is still progressing normally and both twins growing at the same rate which is fab.

They have said I definitely won't go past 36 weeks so 15 weeks to go. How scary does that seem! Still got major things to sort like a 7 seater car and renovations to what will become the babies bedroom. Have started to get more small scale stuff like the pushchair sorted but my midwife said that if it were her she would wait as the risk of premature labour with this type of twin is so high. Scared me a bit and made me think I need to slow down!

I'm absolutely huge already, midwife said I can expect to measure the size of a full term singleton by 27/28 weeks. After that who knows!! With my first two I was all bump but I feel a right fatty with this pregnancy. Even my face is bigger!

For first time mums wanting positive birth stories my experiences couldn't have been much better. With my first I arrived at the hospital at 3pm, got in the birthing pool and had delivered by 7pm with no pain relief. Second time I arrived at the hospital at 10am and gad delivered by 11am, no time to fill the pool but I did have gas and air. Not sure if I have just been very lucky but I put it down to being as active as possible all the way thorough.

freneticfox Fri 26-Sep-14 15:05:49

tonights - Thank you for the positive story, I definitely need to hear positive birthing experiences at the moment. Now I'm halfway through I'm starting to think more and more about 'the arrival' and to be honest the main thing that terrifies me (even more than my dodgy hips) is the thought of tearing.

Still got time to get used to the idea I guess...

Minichuch Fri 26-Sep-14 17:07:00

The labour part hasn't even entered my head yet. Has anyone look at antenatal courses? A friend recommended the nct courses so had a look at those - you can tell I am a ftm I am completely clueless on something confused

Memphisbelly Fri 26-Sep-14 18:54:23

Bangles excellent congrats....another boy to the thread!

Tonights ah I love hearing how you are getting on!

Frenetic I have just been to Kiddicare did you sign up to the bump to baby mailing list I got a money off voucher book, the tommee tippee perfect prep machine I wanted was £100 down to £70 and got another tenner off with a voucher! And the warrenty doesn't stsrt until baby's due date. They have also shut their third floor which was bedding and cots and they have a huge smount of ex display cots for £50 some were originally £300.....mine was £269 and they have that model for £50 too shock

I am getting lots of people ask about belly now it is well over my belly button now, I have an outy belly button so its already really open and shiny from rubbing on my tops so looks like a chrome buttongrin
Mum also bought me a dino baby grow from jojo maman bebe and a customer bought me a cardi she had knitted (and a very frilly matinee coat I am giving to my friend who has had a girl)

freneticfox Fri 26-Sep-14 20:42:30

Oooh, thanks for the Kiddicare tip, will see about going there on Sunday (in Essex tomorrow).

I'm still on a high from the scan, definitely a proper first time Mum. The novelty of saying 'he' is still going strong!

jenmcspen Fri 26-Sep-14 21:05:29

Glad to hear everyone is having such lovely scans grin
Def lots of boys for feb! OH is convinced we are having a boy, but we're not finding out.
Finally feeling a bit more normal energy wise, but waking up sooo many times in the night sad damn bladder! Lol!
Finally went and got measured for a new bra today as pre pregnancy ones def haven't fitted properly for a while. Have gone from a D to an F. Insane! Would def recommend bravissimo tho. They were fab smile

Memphisbelly Fri 26-Sep-14 22:27:24

Frenetic that buzz is still there for me on baby number 2, feels surreal still for me.
Regarding kiddicare you can get the registration form and fill it in and hand it in at the till as soon as you go in and then ask for the voucher book them you can spend it that day it included 20% off maternity and bany clothes vouchers soend 30 and save 5 spend 60 and save 10 and save 15 on £100 and apparently they then email you offers too! Although the bouncer I want is £10 dearer in there.

blankfornames Sat 27-Sep-14 08:42:41

Such lovely happy news from all around! Tonights, thanks for the positive story. People usually are quick to offer out the negative ones!
DH is very superstitious and doesn't want to buy any baby gear. When is it advisable to pick up the essentials?
My shape is so strange! Bump is hanging so low that it looks like the strangest beer gut ever! Surely at 19wks it ought to be moving north?!!

Memphisbelly Sat 27-Sep-14 08:53:31

Blank im 22 weeks and my belly has only started going upwards in last few days.
Regarding essentials my friend was in kiddicare when contracting as she had nothing at all shock if there is a specific pushchair you want I would speak to the shop to see about if there is a wait time for it (if there is you could order it and they may keep it in stock until you are ready to collect) I would get a car seat, moses basket (or something they can sleep) and some basic new born clothes (vests and baby grows) first and when ever you feel ready, if baby was early they wouldn't kick you out in 4 hours so you have plenty of time for family to do a supermarket dash grin......I don't do patient though and regardless of what my dh says I buy stuff grin

LancashireTea Sat 27-Sep-14 09:34:27

All this news of boys is lovely! Felt the bump a lot more this week. Especially last night at the year 7 disco. Went as hard as a rock for ages.
Going to look for some maternity wear today. My work dresses are fine but my skirts and tights don't fit. Thank god my leggings are stretchy. But it's hard to make them look smart sometimes under my nice wear.
As for baby stuff. Still bought nothing but the car. OH wants to wait. grin

hazzerw Sat 27-Sep-14 09:37:59

Hi everyone! Thanks for the new thread and lovely pic frenetic. Had my 20 wk scan at 21wks yesterday. All good, didn't find out the flavour!

Is anyone thinking about hypnobirthing? I've got a how to book but am not sure I'll find the time to put in the meditation beforehand.

Have lovely weekends all, we're off camping, woo hoo!

This thread is not accepting new messages.