Talk

Advanced search

Maybe May, Maybe June 2015

(142 Posts)
Daisy17 Thu 25-Sep-14 17:28:37

Permanent home for our new gang of hopeful impatients!!

Daisy17 Thu 25-Sep-14 17:29:06

New members welcome!

Daisy17 Thu 25-Sep-14 17:35:22

Feeling cold and tired today and my boobs are trying to break out of my bra!! My doctor's appointment is only 5 days away now, although I know all they're going to do is tell me to take folic acid (love the way autocorrect wanted frolic acid, there!) but it will feel like a small step on the way.

Am trying to think ahead to what I need to do if this all works out (when I'd go off work, how we'd juggle the rooms in the house, etc etc , I'm a planner and a worrier) but then on the other hand thinking it's silly to do that because it might not. Much sympathy to those of you who have lost pregnancies, it must make that feeling so much more intense.

ToriB34 Thu 25-Sep-14 17:46:46

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Daisy17 Thu 25-Sep-14 18:03:25

Aw how lovely smile bet they were.
I can see how maybe you might get a bit more fatalistic in those circumstances. Good for you. I think I'm feeling worried that I was so lucky last time round that I must be due some difficulties. This is how I generally think about my life!! Silly really.

Daisy17 Thu 25-Sep-14 18:04:50

Trying to cook dinner for us all but really not feeling up to eating it! Chips, so DS is happy. smile. And actually maybe beige carb will go down ok with me too.

ToriB34 Thu 25-Sep-14 18:08:21

LouMum14 Thu 25-Sep-14 21:36:13

Found you! Can't stop reading everything here, I have no idea why I have never used mn before, considering I've been a mum for over 7 years now! confused
I have so much going through my head and most of it is impatience! Also, baby will eventually be sharing a room with my 7yo DD as we have a 2 bed. Anyone else dealing with that prospect?

ToriB34 Thu 25-Sep-14 21:49:55

ots Thu 25-Sep-14 22:02:29

Hi, is this thread for May or June? Can't find a June only one!
Got a very very faint line on a test this evening. If the line gets darker when I retest tomorrow, I'll have an EDD of 4th June smile

ToriB34 Thu 25-Sep-14 22:23:53

LouMum14 Thu 25-Sep-14 23:12:26

Thank you Tori! smile

ots Fri 26-Sep-14 06:22:07

Thanks smile . Line is sligtly darker this morning so this may be it. I've got a 3 year old DS, and I had an 8 week MMC in May this year, so really trying to stay hopeful.
I might start a June thread as I'm pretty sure about my dates smile.

cuphat Fri 26-Sep-14 06:28:49

Hi, can I join you please?

I also have an EDD of 4th June, however I'm hoping to have an ELCS so it could be a week earlier.

ToriB34 Fri 26-Sep-14 06:28:58

Didyouevah Fri 26-Sep-14 07:32:56

Ots- my edd is also June 4th. Likely to have cs at 39 weeks though so likely end of May.

Glad other people's symtoms are real. I feel it must be psychosomatic and then I though - no; it's real to me whatever it is.

Didyouevah Fri 26-Sep-14 07:33:33

Oooh cross post with cup hat x

Swifey Fri 26-Sep-14 07:47:43

Hi everyone, found you!! Thanks for letting me know what happens at the early scan MrsMiggins!! Am very excited!! Luckily, I am crazy busy with work, and then on holiday in devon for a week, and then the scan, so hopefully time will pass very quickly! Welcome to all other ladies and massive congrats! Hope you are feeling a bit better, was it you Daisy, I can't go back whilst posting! I am in bed with a still very poorly ds, temp of 38.6, so no nursery, and therefore no work for me today. Xx

paddlenorapaddle Fri 26-Sep-14 08:43:08

Hello everyone found you two positive tests on clear blue gives me an edd of 12th of June but not sure quite excited

Swifey Fri 26-Sep-14 08:46:02

Congrats Nora!!! Is this your first? X

MrsMigginslovespies Fri 26-Sep-14 12:22:05

Aha, found you, hurrah!

So, am so so hungry atm. At this rate, will be massive by the end. All I want to eat is toast or oatcakes with cheddar. Gah!

Re dates, am not 100% on mine yet but suspect will be May, esp if twins. Am totally getting ahead of myself and looking at nusery themes already. Idiot! Do feel esp blessed with this pregnancy as it's such a gamble and I'm 38 in Feb.
Anyhoo, nice to be in a new antenatal group x

Daisy17 Fri 26-Sep-14 13:39:46

Feeling more sick today but nursery have just phoned to say DS has been throwing up, poor lamb, so now I don't know if it's pregnancy or a bug!! DP has picked him up and taken him home, I've got a school concert till 5 so won't be able to cuddle him till then. sad

(For reassurance - I presume if I do have a sick bug it won't affect pregnancy?!)

Swifey Fri 26-Sep-14 13:45:03

Hi Daisy a sickness bug will make you feel worse than normal, but the only danger as such is becoming dehydrated, so lots of fluids. If you can face it, then (really cold) milk is a good food substitute, and will give you some protein. Ice lollies, ginger beer, lucozade, juice..... Hope you feel better soon. I at home with my ds who has a horrible cold that I now have too, and I have coughed so much my tummy now hurts! ☺️

Daisy17 Fri 26-Sep-14 14:52:52

Thanks, Swifey, fingers crossed I escape altogether! Ow to cough damaged tummy. flowers

Kyz Fri 26-Sep-14 21:29:06

Hi everyone! I'm not 100% either but I think my edd is 5th June - booking in appt isn't till 21st October though which feels like forever away!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now