Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

nuchal fold of 5.90mm

(4 Posts)
faith88 Mon 10-Mar-14 17:32:31

Hi just need some reassurance or other ppl suitable experiences to keep me sane I had a scan at 12.5 and my nuchal fold reading was 5.90mm I was instantly told something for was wrong with my baby it was very ill I had blood and another scan very upsetting and was told I has a 1:5 of Downs syndrome or there could be other issues with the genetic makeup of the baby extra chromosomes and so on just got back from my cvs which was very uncomfortable and carries a 1-2 percent risk of misscarrage get my results thur a just anxious all the time praying I've got a healthy baby om only 25 and cannot belive what's happening anyone else been though anything similar

faith88 Mon 10-Mar-14 17:34:09

Forgot to mention the baby looks normal and the base bone is present I have two other healthy children.

faith88 Mon 10-Mar-14 17:35:01

Nasel bone

Wilhelminanevillesdottir Mon 10-Mar-14 18:44:45

Hi Faith. You might be better asking for this to be moved into Antenatal Tests in order to get more responses.

I'm sorry for the news you have had today, it's hard to hear and you must be very worried. You need to wait for the results of the CVS and take any decisions from there as the scan and bloods only suggest that there could be problems. They are in no way definitive and there may not be a problem.

I would try posting in the other section as I know other people there have gone through similar situations.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now