Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

March2013 New year, new trimester, old symptoms but the finishing post is in sight!

(945 Posts)
Oodsigma Fri 18-Jan-13 12:11:04

And confuddled has passed it!

So will this one be our last before we move to post natal?

And who is next?

Thanks sarah & jojo for the thread title. smile

leniwhite Thu 21-Feb-13 16:36:46

Count - 2 weeks? I have heard that number before but surely it depends on complications etc?

My friend with lupus has gone into labour today grin and I had an MRI this morning which was pretty unpleasant - i was literally jammed into the tube with no room to move at all for over an hour. God knows how larger people fit in?? Got some great pictures, his head is bigger than average and in the video we saw his eyes looking around, very weird.

That knocked me out so been asleep for two hours this afternoon - also puked up my cuppa this morning - just came straight out!

Oodsigma Thu 21-Feb-13 16:46:12

count last time I was out if bed doing as much baby care possible by 9am the next morning. Baby care not optional to MWs although they do help. 6 weeks to heal is right though.

Emsyboo Thu 21-Feb-13 18:10:37

count good to have a plan
leni you ok? Hope your friend is ok and baby arrives safely
Placenta hasn't moved and still having bleeding so still in hospital till at least Monday c section booked in for 28th Feb so won't be a march baby! Section will be at 37 + 4 but they think it's too risky with my bleeds to go much further.
Not had much info really should grill them I asked about breastfeeding and told it should be fine just need to feed lying down hoping it'll be easier this time.
ood that is interesting hope it's not too painful 6 weeks though although with DS natural birth took me 6 weeks after ingot infections but worried about looking after a toddler and newborn after a section DH will take 2 days paternity leave but it's our business so he needs to be in to run things.

Oodsigma Thu 21-Feb-13 18:22:26

I've had 3 sections and bf after all three. Dd1/2 were under GA so longer out/to feed but dd3 did the crawling across my chest to feed thing so it's quite possible to bf. worth ( when planning to bf anyway) gathering info before hand re support and buying Lanisoh!

GrottyPotPlant Thu 21-Feb-13 18:28:08

Emsy two days paternity leave with a cesarian and a toddler sounds very hard! Can you get a family member or friend to come and stay? Or a rota of several? Good to have a plan now though! Are you managing to have a rest in hospital? I hope so!

leni an MRI! That must have been a very odd experience indeed!! Hope you're OK!

Count at least you know where you are now! (and sometimes babies spin very late, so you're probably as well carrying on your dislodging methods...)

Any news of Manda and zoey? They were both expecting to have crossed the finish line by now, weren't they?

sundaesundae Thu 21-Feb-13 18:40:40

They both successfully crossed the finish line last week smile I am sure when they are up to it they'll come and update over here soon.

Countmyblessings Thu 21-Feb-13 22:57:16

Oh we have to update the due date thread as some have already passed the finish line!!!

They gave me an option as they could try turn baby but it may not work or they offered me a CSection as they are concerned about how baby positioned at the moment - yes could go into labour but bum is firmly down so they don't want me to try a VB!!! I'm ok, can plan around with kids and school!!!
Thanks for advice of how things will be after as that the only real concern I have as ds3 is active but DH will be around so whoop!!!
Don't have any concerns about ever wearing a bikini either!!!!
Passed that stage about 15 years ago!!!!!

Oodsigma Fri 22-Feb-13 07:43:22

There's a lot of newbies too to add on a stats thread.
count a planned section at least means you have some control.

plonko Fri 22-Feb-13 08:00:08

Count, I'd imagine a planned section could be lovely. Yes it's surgery but it will be calm, everything can be planned exsctly how you want, and recovery could be more straightforward than a long, traumatic vaginal birth. Not sure what planet your doctors on if they think you could get away with not lifting your baby for 2 weeks though hmm. And now you have a date!

Thanks for all your tips ladies! So ill breastfeed like a demon, eat healthy snacks whilst doing so and get out and about with the buggy ASAP. My mum and I have decided to erect a greenhouse in her veg plot in about may, and I'm soooo looking forward to doing something physical!

I was convinced yesterday would be the day. I felt so off all day, loads of backache and period pain, and some stabby pains in my foof blush. Needless to say I had the best nights sleep since about October and I feel great now. So it's off to sainsburys today to buy a million pineapples.

SoYo Fri 22-Feb-13 09:04:52

Count I'm glad you've got a firm plan, as Plonko said elective sections can be lovely & calm with music, chat, skin to skin etc.

Congratulations Zig, hope you're both home very soon & that you've finally had some sleep!

This cold has just got worse over the week & I feel awful. Can barely walk around the house & have a terrible painful cough so can't be comfortable anywhere for more than a few minutes. Think DH & I had the worst nights sleep ever last night, After massive coughing fit I could only breathe properly standing up so DH was rubbing my back & trying to stop me starting to cry! Everything seems so much worse at this point in pregnancy! I've developed a terrible fear of going into labour while I feel like this so holding off all pineapples & bouncing on balls for a few days!!!

Plonko let us all know how the pineapple goes! I've decided next Friday's a good day so pineapple curry & pinning down DH is part of the plan!

leniwhite Fri 22-Feb-13 12:21:01

Soyo I hate coughs like that... Have you tried some fresh honey/ginger/lemon? Or use a saline nasal spray to stop the drip of mucus in your throat, that's the tickly bit.

I've got a bad stomach today, after yesterday's puking it's reversed now! Sent OH out for ranitidine now. Woke up at 4.30am again with the lovely heartburn hmm

Feel like baby's expanding rapidly but bump isn't, so organs now being seriously squished and it's all moving like some sort of massive jelly. Wondering if this is when belly skin finally starts showing the strain...

So exciting that people are starting to have babies now - I feel all impatient! Still 2 weeks before I'm considered full term which feels like forever shock

SoYo Fri 22-Feb-13 13:17:09

I knew my belly skin was about to give up when it got really itchy! Got away with 2 small purple stretch marks down by my bikini line for a week but now they've gone and found some friends! I'm just hoping that by the next time I'm not too tired to care (I figure around 6 months) they'll have faded a bit!

Oodsigma Fri 22-Feb-13 14:02:58

I got them all in the last month with dd1. Dd2/3 added to them but not noticeable within the road map dd1 made. Think I've an odd new one this time but can't be sure.

StormyBrid Fri 22-Feb-13 14:46:10

Oh, the joy of stretch marks. A month ago I had none. Then five appeared (two on one side of my belly button, three on the other). Then it all went a bit mad. I suspect by the time she's born my entire stomach will be one giant stretch mark. On the other hand, my stomach was a bit of a disaster area anyway, so who cares? Not like I'm planning to wear a bikini any time soon.

38 week appointment at the doctor's this morning. She seemed very cheerful - I suppose it makes a nice change seeing a healthy pregnant person rather than the usual doom and gloom of illness and pain. "Is she kicking nicely?" she asked. If "nicely" means "ultraviolently" then yes, she is.

Spent yesterday horribly achey and uncomfortable and with those lovely stabbing pains in the lady-parts. Spurred me to actually pack the hospital bag! Eight days until my birthing partner arrives, so not too much longer to keep my legs crossed. Time isn't half dragging though.

Countmyblessings Fri 22-Feb-13 15:10:27

Ladies I think these next 10 days are going to dragggggggggggggg!
I think baby has decided to change around bedroom so much movement hands out pushing I think baby is trying to escape through my belly without me being cut yet!!!!!!!
I'm such a wimp with needles and stuff the only surgery I ever had has been to remove my loss babies so feeling overwhelmed to be honest!
also found out friends doing a baby shower I really don't want in my house with the addition children can come!!! How the hell am I supose to relax - the weekend before my op?????????? Don't want to be ungrateful but just really not up for it just want to walk around in my pjs falling in and out of sleep!!!! This is going to limited even more when baby comes!
Am I being awful???? Just dreading the noise, the clear up and the fake surprise look I have to give when another friend already made it slip!!!!

Does the whole pineapple eating really work???
I have never tried to start labour so unsure really!

leniwhite Fri 22-Feb-13 17:20:20

I've got them in my sides nowhere near the bump and they're more purple circles rather than lines. Also renewed a few on my legs, but all i have on my tummy is a couple of scars I had already that have got angry and red.

Belly's been itchy for ages though and still loads bigger on the side the baby isn't lying on which makes no sense!

FurryFox Fri 22-Feb-13 17:25:09

Hi ladies. 38 weeks today here, joined a few months back but couldn't keep up but enjoy reading your posts when I can.

Had mw app today. All ok, baby head down 1/5. Is that 1/5 engaged? Mw said might pop out again as baby no3 so they have more room.

Lovely to hear of babies being born, congratulations. I don't hold out much hope of giving birth on time as both dc had to be induced at 40 + 14.

Lots of stabby pains down below which I don't remember from before and have been having a few Brixton hicks on and off over the last few weeks so maybe my body is getting ready.

Lots of stretch marks here as well. Got loads from both dd1 and dd2 and this dc is adding to them, my dd1 loves pointing out the new ones hmm grin.

plonko Fri 22-Feb-13 18:34:09

Welcome, Furry!

SoYo that sounds miserable! I hope you're feeling better soon. I hate being poorly, it makes me cry too.

count I hope you're able to relax enough to enjoy the shower for the lovely gesture it is - though I like you would find having a house full incredibly stressful now. I take it your friends are lovely and will clear everything away/Hoover and load the dishwasher for you before leaving!

I'm ridiculously smug but seem to have made it through so far with no stretch marks. I already had them all over my hips from puberty so maybe this is why! Have also been slathering bump in belly butter every day since about 20 weeks so it hasn't really itched either. I know, karma dictates that my smugness will mean ill wake up with a belly full of itchy, painful purple lines in the morning!!

Pineapple purchased. Nearly fainted in sainsburys (half term plus Friday shoppers at 39 weeks NOT recommended). Mum brought cake over so pineapple will get ignored tonight.

SoYo Fri 22-Feb-13 18:59:52

I was whinging to my friends about the dreaded stretch marks while out for dinner when friend asked why I hadn't been moisturising. I was explaining that I use cocoa butter every morning, oil every night & therefore was (and I quote) "slightly slippery at all times". Cue very interested young man turning around to see what his prospects were with young lady using this enticing phrase then looking slightly put out but bemused when spotting whopping bump! Really need to learn phrases not to say in public!!

shieldbug Fri 22-Feb-13 21:44:33

Hello again! Like flowery? (sorry if I've got the wrong person), it took flippin ages after moving to get an internet connection, so I've been desperate to find how how many had already given birth and how you are all doing.
Congrats to zig, manda, zoey and sorry to any I've missed.

count and plonko sorry, but I'm pretty sure pineapple doesn't work. I went to 40+12 with ds and scrubbing floors eventually kick-started things, although that may have been co-incidental. furry wow, 40+14; I didn't think they let it go that long. Like you, I'm pretty much automatically adding time (in this case almost 2 weeks) to the due date. Otherwise I would just get more fed up with the waiting. I'm currently 38+2.

Utterly hideous itchy stretch marks here, but they faded pretty well after ds, so I'm hoping it will be the same this time. I'm mahoosive because of the fibroids but it won't speed up things because they are external, so I'm really uncomfortable now.

plonko Fri 22-Feb-13 22:07:41

Shield you're almost certainly right! I read that you'd have to eat more than is humanly possible to get anything like the level of magic juice to get things going. But hey ho, my approach is one of throwing enough shit at the wall and seeing what sticks with this pregnancy malark. Maybe if I just stare at it for a bit...

What's the deal with fibroids? I mean, what are they? I've seen the term used but remain completely ignorant.

shieldbug Fri 22-Feb-13 22:20:30

Fibroids are like benign tumours either within or outside the uterus, apparently more common in those that have babies late (like me). They give you horribly heavy periods and grow with pg hormones (my biggest got to 12cm diameter with ds). I have 3 of them so they basically give me a huge bump due to their sheer size and make things v. painful at times. Luckily, mine are external so didn't increase the risk of miscarriage and shouldn't block the baby's exit, as can happen. The only issue might be large blood loss after birth, but that wasn't a problem with ds and hopefully won't be this time. All in all, I've got off pretty lightly and am v. grateful.

plonko Fri 22-Feb-13 22:46:47

Oh they sound incredibly uncomfortable - as if you need something else to make you uncomfortable at this stage of pregnancy! That makes sense, I'd heard they can have an impact on getting pregnant.

Thanks for answering my question, excuse my ignorance blush

shieldbug Fri 22-Feb-13 23:34:38

you're right about it affecting conception plonko; the consultant thought I wouldn't get pg again without intervention, but here I am! (It was a bit of a surprise to us tbh, but a very happy one).

Oodsigma Sat 23-Feb-13 07:44:16

Will they remove them after baby shield?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now