Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Trouble sleeping due to left rib aching at 25 weeks :(

(2 Posts)
newbie6 Tue 09-Oct-12 08:54:15

Hi all,

Does anyone have any advice for easing rib pain? It's only on my left side at the front, just under my bust and the pain is like a constant bruised aching feeling. I can only describe it like what I imagine a cracked rib to feel like? At my last scan which was a week ago, baby had his foot pressing exactly where I'm really sore but surely he must move positions so how come I'm still so sore? The only way I can relieve it is to stand up and last night I did wonder if I could attempt sleeping standing up as I'm so tired! Keep thinking I have another 3 months to go and wondering if I'll ever sleep again. Makes no difference what side I'm on, seems to start as soon as I lie flat or even with pillows half propping me up! Thanks in advance for any tips!

X

BigWitchLegsInWailyTights Tue 09-Oct-12 14:17:44

My DD constantly returned her foot into the SAME position in my ribs and it was agony! My DH used to rub it firmly and quickly and she would move it away.

When I rubbed it she wouldn't! All I ccan suggest is getting someone else to rub it for you and looking here www.spinningbabies.com where there is good advice about what to do to move the baby!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now