Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

big age gaps

(15 Posts)
shelly81 Sat 22-Sep-12 22:10:01

Anyone got big age gaps ... My boys are 12 & 10 and I'm 5+1 with #3, absolutely terrified this time around xx shock

Dramajustfollowsme Sat 22-Sep-12 22:21:06

I'm the eldest and my DSis is 11 years younger than me. We have always been incredibly close. Now that she is out of the horrid, stroppy teen stage we are the best of friends.
I like to think I was helpful when she was a baby. I vividly remember cooking, cleaning and changing nappies.

shelly81 Sun 23-Sep-12 14:33:59

Thanks for that dramajustfollowsme I hope my boys do the same x

Finbert Mon 24-Sep-12 10:34:33

My sis is 12 years older than me, and we are also close, don't panic!x

Ninjacat Mon 24-Sep-12 13:17:52

I have a 15yr old and a 2.9yr old. In Feb I will have a 16yr old, a 3yr old and a newborn.
You'll be fine ;-)

shelly81 Mon 24-Sep-12 16:03:32

Thanx ladies just worried about my boys reaction ..... Still early days so don't have to tell them yet xx

TittyWhistles Mon 24-Sep-12 16:14:20

I have a 22yo, an 11yo, a 20mo and a pending (due in Jan)

All lovely. The older ones are old enough to not be Jealous of the younger and the babysitting is on tap!

duchesse Mon 24-Sep-12 16:15:30

I have 16, 14 and 12 years respectively between DC1-3 and DC4. It is more than fine, it's fab! They are and have been like extra parents to DD3. They are very close- not in the same way as siblings closer in age of course but in a very special way. Plus you get built-in babysitting, so far fewer headaches of the kind one had back then. They are now 19, 17, 15 and 3 and we are contemplating going away for the weekend leaving the 3 yo with the 15 and 17 yo. Also thinking long term of her going for weekends to her siblings' houses when they are adult.

suzyrut Tue 02-Oct-12 13:50:25

Hi Shelley my two are 12 and 9 (boy and girl) and now very early pregnant with my 3rd by new partner. One of the reasons we decided to try is because my ex has a daughter with his new partner and my children are so lovely and patient and fun with her. If only they'd behave like that with each other!

shelly81 Wed 03-Oct-12 12:25:33

Hi suzy know what you mean about the fighting that's all my boys do lol I'm still very early 7 weeks and it feels like an eternity since I was pregnant n every little twinge is fillin me with dread xxxx

suzyrut Thu 04-Oct-12 10:30:23

Hi shelley, yep totally agree, don't know if it's because of being older this time and reading about all the things that can go wrong in your late 30s but I am a bundle of nerves this time. I'm sometime around 6 weeks (will have second early scan in 2 weeks) so roll on mid november for both of us when we can breathe a bit easier!

Musomathsci Thu 04-Oct-12 10:36:56

I think you'll enjoy the babies when they arrive, because you are experienced Mums and will know exactly what you're doing, plus you have built in help from older siblings and can see past the crying / not sleeping and other stuff to the people that they will eventually become. It's a bit mind-bending going back to the little baby stage at first, but really great later on when older ones start flying the nest and you still have a little one at home..

applepieinthesky Tue 09-Oct-12 15:10:13

My brother is 8 years younger than me and we are really close. I used to help my mum with everything when he was a baby and there was too big an age gap for me to get jealous of him.

ilovesprouts Thu 11-Oct-12 10:55:29

my ds1 is 22 dd1 is 20 ds2 is 5 smile

grannyagedmummy Thu 11-Oct-12 11:06:52

I have two daughters aged 15 and 12. DS is 7 months smile unplanned but very much loved by his big sisters. I don't put on them and its their choice if they want to take him off my hands for a while.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now