Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Sleeping Arrangments - Dilemma!

(4 Posts)
Tinks30 Sun 23-Oct-11 20:52:05

So mums, mums to be I am having a bit of a dilemma.......
I am 28w pregnant with twins and initially I was going to have the babies sleep in our room but to cut a long story short the cotbed is now up in the room immediately next to ours and it can't be moved (don't ask!).
So now my OH is suggesting we get a travel cot for the babies to sleep in, in our room but I tried to explain travel cots are quite deep and I am having a c-sec so bending down is not going to be uncomfortable.
I guess I am looking for some reassurance about the twins sleeping in the next room. Is this is the right thing or should they be in with me?
Thoughts.........
confused

SoftSheen Sun 23-Oct-11 21:03:42

Get two (cheap) moses baskets? To prevent SIDS the babies should sleep in your room for the first 6 months. Also, if you're having a cs, it will be much easier to keep the babies within arms reach so that you don't have to get out of bed and go to another room several times each night. You're right in thinking it will be difficult to reach down into a travel cot.

Congratulations on expecting twins, btw smile

RuthChan Sun 23-Oct-11 21:06:49

For your own comfort and peace of mind, it is probably better that you sleep in the same room, at least in the beginning.
As much as anything, the effort of waking up, going into their room to feed them and going back to your own to sleep is hardly worth it. It's so much easier if you can wake up and have them at arm's reach in the middle of the night.

With both of my DCs, I slept on a mattress in their room for the first few months. I found it easier to be in their room than have them in ours and it also had the advantage of leaving DH to sleep properly so that he could get up and work everyday.

Tinks30 Sun 23-Oct-11 21:22:23

Actually I have decided they are going to sleep in with us.
Thx for the advice everyone grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now