Talk

Advanced search

Calling all North London / London mums...

(5 Posts)
NorthLondonDoulas Wed 21-Sep-11 22:58:32

Hello ladies,

I hope you are all well... My name is Victoria, i am a mum to four beautiful girls and i have been a Birth and Post Natal Doula for the past 7 years.

I am thinking of starting up some kind of weekly gathering where mums and mums-to-be can come, have a cuppa, get to know other mums in their area and have a natter and be able to exchange adivce and tips amongst each other along with answering questions and problem others may have.

Little ones would be very welcome of course. It would be a bit like a play group / mothers coffee morning but with a twist and i was just wondering who might be interested and what peoples opinions were if i were to go ahead.

All feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Victoria.x

oranges Wed 21-Sep-11 23:05:10

But what's the twist?

HollyFP Wed 21-Sep-11 23:06:15

Where in N London?

NorthLondonDoulas Wed 21-Sep-11 23:56:45

oranges the twist is just that it wouldnt be a regular coffee morning or toddler/play group, it would be somewhere that all people trying to conceive, or mums-to-be or already mums could get together and discuss topics and issues that they want to talk about whether that be breast feeding, hospital reviews, labour and birth options, how to deal with sleepness nights, having a rant etc or just getting the chance to speak to others in a similar situation to themselves. The idea behind it is to be a bit like mumsnet but some where where people can meet in person and build up a nice net work of friends.

NorthLondonDoulas Thu 22-Sep-11 00:02:18

HollyFP Im not sure yet... i personally am based near Finchley but i am waiting to see what kind of response i get before i go ahead. i would definitly open one near me but i have lots of friends who are GP's and midwives etc that could run several others all over depending on the feedback i receive. As a mother and a Doula i often get asked all kinds of questions and just thought it would be nice for everyone to be able to share their experiences together and offer tips and advice to those who had specific questions. Failing that my hope is that it would just be a nice social place to get to know others in your area.
Victoria.x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now