Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Leicestershire NHS Antenatal Classes?

(3 Posts)
YBR Wed 21-Sep-11 18:23:48

Anyone been to Antenatal Classes in Leicestershire - my MW hints that they're very short. I'd like to know what they try and cover in what time.

(I'm based with LRI but want to give birth in Melton)

PickleSarnie Fri 30-Sep-11 20:15:51

I had mine in August last year in Harborough. There were four sessions each two hours long.

They cover the birth, pain relief and breast feeding etc. There will almost certainly be a knitted placenta and a crocheted boob.

They differed from the NCT classes in that partners generally weren't there was quite a bit of detail about the local hospitals and what happens with regards to midwife/health visitor visits afterwards.

I had my DS at LRI. They were absolutely brilliant.

cmt1375 Fri 30-Sep-11 20:20:55

Some areas you get offered a one or two hour session, others you get more and some nothing at all. The hospitals sometimes run some too, you need to ring up and ask about these, Melton may do some but has been know to limit them to people who live locally.
Find out what your options are sooner rather than later and if you can't get something you are happy with through the NHS consdier looking else where. eg NCT

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now