Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

presents that are good for a 3 month pregnant best friend??

(9 Posts)
pastagirl Wed 21-Sep-11 17:54:15

any ideas... more nice for her than for the coming baby. Anyone give you anything that was fab? cheers

thankgodformerlot Wed 21-Sep-11 18:14:13

Anything that makes you feel womanly and not like an incubator!!
you feel constantly tired,unattractive, and nothing more than a breeding machine ,oh and at 3 months she may not have finished vomiting yet!.
I would suggest something like a day spa for the both of you. somewhere that you can get pampered, (because as she gets bigger she won't be able to see her toes,let alone paint them!) and, also you can have 'quality' best friend girlie time because, I'm afraid when you have children that is always something that you have very little of and miss it soo much.
hope this helps and whatever you do she has a good birthday.
(just read this back and realised how bitter it sounds!! I did LOVE being pregnant and would do it all again....honest!)

ThatsNotMyBabyBelly Wed 21-Sep-11 18:16:11

Treat her to a lovely lunch?

pastagirl Wed 21-Sep-11 18:26:32

thanks a heap for the replies. would LOVE to do those things but unfortunatly have a £20 budget ( really should have mentioned that at the beginning sorry) and she lives up the other end of the country, so needs to be postable.

ThatsNotMyBabyBelly Wed 21-Sep-11 19:30:59

Hmmm. Not those mum to be things from boots, I was inundated.

Luxury chocs? Flowers?

£20 worth of vitamin tablets grin

Essential oils that are good in pregnancy? Sorry nothing very original there.

Or you could send her some cookies/cupcakes/biscuits in the post, or some retro sweets maybe?

Can you see the strong link I have between pregnancy and food....

ArmageddonOuttahere Wed 21-Sep-11 19:33:19

voucher for a pedicure? at 3 months it's already uncomfortable to reach one's toes.

pastagirl Thu 22-Sep-11 20:40:25

thanks for the thoughts, think i might go down the food route, she is not from uk so might track down some food from her home comfort food, sounds like a good time for comfort food.
cheer that's not my belly

cheers

greengoose Wed 28-Sep-11 22:50:19

Hi, When I was pregers the first time my DP got me Neils Yard bath oil for mothers. Its the best smell ever in the whole world. They do a whole range, including oil for your belly. Its not all that costly, but it makes you feel special.

pastagirl Fri 14-Oct-11 20:36:23

i just wanted to say thanks for the suggestions. on hte revlantion that twins maybe on the way decided am going to save my pennies and get a voucher for a housekeeper to come in and change sheets/ rotate washing/ run a hoover around for the first couple of weeks hubby back at work, when they arrive! i would do that if i was in town but as i am not maybe this is good, also she won't need to feel the need to be hosting if someone is just coming in to do work and go! maybe better

cheers for your suggestions

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now