Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Pregnancy Yoga - Likes / dislikes

(3 Posts)
sharonyogabellies Fri 02-Sep-11 20:50:02

Ladies,
Have any of you tried pregnancy Yoga - did you like it / dislike it and would you do it again?

I would love to know your thoughts on the subject.

S

ClarityMa Tue 06-Sep-11 17:18:46

Pregnancy yoga completely transformed and optimised my health in pregnancy. It is proven to reduce anxiety. Helped me to be deeply relaxed during labour. Tried both the active birth style and the birthlight style...both v.good. But don't go to teachers water down astanga style.....they are missing the point and the style should be gentle and slow. Astanga or vigorous style and tighten up your pelvic floor too much making it heard to let go of the baby.

Hope that helps

Fryn Fri 09-Sep-11 16:35:13

I did it with my last pregnancy and I've just started again now. It's very relaxing, and in my last labour I found that the breathing really helped.
What I don't like is the ohmmming. I'm not very good at keeping a straight face!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now