Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Baby Hammock

(6 Posts)
HillyMcGrew Sun 14-Aug-11 19:21:35

We're pulling together the nursery equipment (edd 28/11/11) and have found out about something called an Amby Natures Nest baby hammock. I spoke to the guy who runs our local baby emporium and he said they no longer stock it due to a product recall in the USA and Canada about 18 months ago. He also said that there was nothing wrong with the product itself, but it was the way it had been assembled and used that led to the tragic deaths of two babies and product recall.

What I was wondering is: have any of you used the Amby either before or since this Stateside recall, and would you recommend it?

TBH it seems as safe as the next bit of kit to me, but I am an impressionable and fearful first timer who is still finding my way a little. Help appreciated!

AKMD Sun 14-Aug-11 21:40:25

I didn't get one but I really wanted it when DS had to be cuddled to sleep (and stay cuddled or he woke up) for a few months. I read about the recall too and the man is right, the deaths were tragically caused by people just putting the things up the wrong way.

The mumsnet product review on it is here.

FannyFifer Sun 14-Aug-11 21:48:05

We had an Amby and found it great.
Found it very safe and comfortable for DD and would recommend it, quite a few of my friends used them as well for their baby's.

HillyMcGrew Mon 15-Aug-11 21:58:20

Cheers guys, I think we're going for it as soon as we can find a place to order it from.

FannyFifer Tue 16-Aug-11 15:45:44

Try EBay, you will just need to buy a new mattress for it then.

BuntyCollocks Wed 24-Aug-11 11:28:25

We have a miyo hammock, and it was one of the best things we bought. When ds was newborn, he slept 9 hours straight. Bliss. Doesn't anymore.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now