(1001 Posts)
sevendwarves Sun 07-Aug-11 18:12:35

Welcome to the new thread ladies!

msbuggywinkle Sun 07-Aug-11 20:25:03

Checking in!

DarciesmumandBump2 Sun 07-Aug-11 20:25:29

Hey Seven Just marking my place smile

figgygal Sun 07-Aug-11 20:25:49

Just marking my place on the new thread. was reading my mumsnet Guide to pregnancy this afternoon it made me think about birth plans and the like .....scary stuff.

kri5ty Sun 07-Aug-11 20:35:25

Silly moi just posted on the old thread!!

KateM77 Sun 07-Aug-11 21:13:04

Just checking in. Been away since Weds, so I've had a scan through the old thread to try and keep up. I can confirm that my arse is huge too - it seems to have grown quicker than the bump. I felt fat and ugly at the wedding I went to on Saturday. I need the bump to put on a growth spurt to even things out smile

sevendwarves Sun 07-Aug-11 21:36:17

Kate the bump will catch up soon, mine literally popped out about a week ago and now it's huge, I reckon I could easily pass for 6 months.

LittleMissFlustered Sun 07-Aug-11 22:10:35

Been AWOL for life reasos. Checking in and hoping veryone is fine.

brew anyone? My capacity for drinking craply made tea has increased a lot. It's scary, am usually such a tea snob but will now happily knock back a mug of anything that's seen a picture of a tea bush and has a little bit of milk in it!

LittleMissFlustered Sun 07-Aug-11 22:12:46

<goes away to catch up on the last thread>

OiMissus Mon 08-Aug-11 07:29:32

Morning ladies, just checking in. Ohh a shiney new thread for a shiney new week. Well, my mother - who was very disappointed that we found out the sex, and stated that she DID NOT WANT TO KNOW! - saw my bum on Sunday, then looked at the bump, then squeezed my newly acquired love handles and stated "It's a boy". I, of course, did not confirm it to her, but she must be a witch. grin
Apparently the girl who viewed the house on Monday is preparing to make an offer, and we have someone else coming to see it on saturday. Hurrah!
Hope you all had fab weekends.

msbuggywinkle Mon 08-Aug-11 08:52:38

Great news OiMissus, hope it gets done quickly and smoothly.

My back is much better today, am going to do extra pilates this week as clearly I need it though!

I have a giant bump. The tally of people asking if it is twins is 6 so far. I'm enjoying having a bigger bump this time, DD2 was IUGR (not identified until she was born and her placenta was half the size of a normal one!) so I was tiny, she was very healthy though. Having a bigger bump...well, I might actually have a normal sized baby this time instead of my previous tiny two!

Have someone coming round to start bf counsellor training with me today, quite excited!

mopsytop Mon 08-Aug-11 09:39:39

Hi everyone! Just checking in on new thread, posted on old one to say I have my scan shortly - will let you know outcome when I get back.

sevendwarves Mon 08-Aug-11 09:52:49

Good luck mopsy.

Glad your back is better msbuggy.

DarciesmumandBump2 Mon 08-Aug-11 10:13:52

Oimissus Good news let hope its smooth sailing.

Mopsy Good luck with your scan.

Buggy Good to see your back is getting better.

Well my feet are so hot and itchy at night is driving me crazy and having real trouble getting comfortable at night - so need to reinvest in a pregnancy pillow.

Scan on weds, really looking forward to it.

Made quite a few of our wedding invitations at the weekend so good progress on that smile

jomouse Mon 08-Aug-11 10:34:44

Hello everyone,

What a nice new thread. Birthday celebrations at the weekend were aces, but my husband made a little speech and totally set me off on a small blub. Nearest and dearest truely are amazing sometimes.

Have a hectic, hectic week - lots of meetings and presenations and the like. I will still be arsing about on MN at every given opportunity though

Hope everyone is doing well - lets all remember that we are huge and wobbly for all the best reasons.

Earwiggy Mon 08-Aug-11 11:25:43

I too have a bump to rival a 6mth one, or it feels like it anyway. Also getting lots of niggly back pain and finding playing on the floor with my 2yo is difficult. Have to say I have retired from bathing him so he sometimes waits a couple of days till daddy is free for that task.

DarciesmumandBump2 Mon 08-Aug-11 12:06:37

Does everyone have an active baby yet?

I like to think I have a footballer in my tummy grin not that I will get to find that out till baby is born mind you..

Earwiggy So grateful my DD loves a shower, makes life a little easier smile

OiMissus Mon 08-Aug-11 12:06:39

When is the wedding Darcy? I made all my own invitations, place cards, table planner board thingy, - and people really appreciate the personal touch. Plus it saved me a fortune - I think the whole lot cost me about £50 - and they were gorgeous - even if I do say so myself! I cheated and bought a personalised "postbox" off ebay - it cost about £15, and was definitely worth it.
The worst bit was making the Thank you cards. That took me forever. But again, the personal touch and message was appreciated.
I'm beginning to struggle in the evenings - getting up off the couch is uncomfortable - I'm pathetic. If I've been sat down for a while, everything is such hard work! It's better to keep active. At work I'm fine, and going straight to the gym - no problem, but once I've sat down in the evening - that's it. Game over.

OiMissus Mon 08-Aug-11 12:31:19

re: active... not really. I've not felt a kick yet, but I'm definitely starting to get "undulations".
I'm looking forward to when DH can start to share the experience more. At the mo, the only sharing he's doing is being very patient and sensitive, and making me drinks all the time. smile

KateM77 Mon 08-Aug-11 12:33:35

Yes, I've got an active baby here too Darcies. It's so reassuring to feel the kicks, and nice for DH to feel them too grin

DarciesmumandBump2 Mon 08-Aug-11 12:42:45

OiMissus Wedding is 18th August 2012. I want to try and get as much prep done before baby comes along and then send out invites when I need to etc and then make up the table plan board thingy!
I've already got some stuff for my tables, getting my centre pieces in Ikea only 99p each hehe. DD came up with a good idea for place cards cheap, cheerful and sentimental to us. Its so good having a 6yr old who can contribute ideas smile

Baby is really active first thing in the morning about around 8pm at night and wriggles alot at night. Nice that DP and DD can feel & see baby moving too. My mum & dad felt my tummy at the weekend. Baby freaked my mum out with a massive kick and made her jump a mile back lol and my dad said felt like Alien was in there lol.

DarciesmumandBump2 Mon 08-Aug-11 12:44:18

I'll upload a pic of my invitation and place cards when I've completed one and get your opinions smile

SoTiredoftheWheelsontheBus Mon 08-Aug-11 13:08:01

Hi everyone, to update the stats, I had my scan the other week, and am expecting a boy. DS was pleased, and was the only person out of numerously canvassed friends and family who got it right (not bad for a preschooler!). Most people have been really excited for us, but I've got a couple of comments from people who seem to be really disappointed for us/tell us better luck next time. Seriously, DH and I are thrilled we're expecting another child, and we really don't care whether it's a boy or a girl, so who on earth greets the news with 'oh dear'?

I've felt some movement (didn't feel anything for ages, but scan showed the placenta was at the front, so I've been a bit cushioned), but have been feeling more definite movements recently. It's generally only in the evenings, when I finally get a chance to subside onto the sofa and not chase around an energetic 4-year old relax that I can feel him.

I'm quite impatient now to start maternity leave (finally got the MATB1 form through, so from a work point of view it's all more official now), but still have 10 weeks of work to go, and that's finishing earlier this time (with ds (should I now call him ds1?) I worked until 38 weeks, but I'm definitely stopping earlier this time around.

Also, has anyone else looked into local antenatal/aquanatal etc. classes? All the ones local to me seem to be held during the daytime - not much use for those who work. I know work can give you paid time off for antenatal appointments, but it seems a bit cheeky to ask for time off to go swimming?

BeeMyBaby Mon 08-Aug-11 13:18:37

I would have thought work would only cover midwivery/dr appointments rather than hobby type appointments? I felt too cheeky last time to even ask for the antenatal classes (birthing etc) time off so took annual leave - this time I'm just not bothering with those though.

jomouse Mon 08-Aug-11 13:48:35

SoTired - I don't know about work and time off for aqua natal. I am doing my first class tonight - its at 6.30 so will need to leave work earlier. I am getting in earlier and leaving earlier at the moment to avoid squish on tube, employer are flexible like that as long as the hours are put in. Is there anything you can do with work and flexible working so you can attend?

This thread is not accepting new messages.