Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Frisky and Glowing in The Second Trimester on The February Baby Bus!

(942 Posts)
BillComptonstrousers Sat 06-Aug-11 10:36:28

Well, are we?

Has the sickness abated?
Are our locks shiny and luscious?
Are our nails long and strong?
Are we back on form in the 'ahem' bedroom?

No? Well we soon will be ladies it's The second Trimester*

*billcomptonstrousers accepts no responsibility if this does not happen to you.

Old thread here

babycarmen Sat 06-Aug-11 12:15:06

Yay shiney new thread :D

I managed to get dressed and showered again today woohoo! Trying to prepare myself for DD going back to nursery, shes in every day (was 3 days) after the hols and its a fair treck away from the house, and i dont drive, so i dont know how im going to cope with that feeling like this! Im trying to get her transferred to a preschool near me which is actually better imo, but that could take a while!

I woke up at 5 am (didnt sleep well at all) and had 'the need' so pounced on DP blush he didnt complain....

Still feel crap but i think the cyclizine is helping smile

13+5

Crazybit Sat 06-Aug-11 12:33:33

Marking my place for when on comp. 11+4

Xavielli Sat 06-Aug-11 12:47:39

Woop! Here's hoping we are all feeling better ASAP!

shipsladyg Sat 06-Aug-11 13:24:44

<jumps on the new bus>

Afternoon all. Oh yes - my nails are longer & stronger.

DD so nearly walking. Did about six pigeon steps yesterday. Yay! grin I was beginning to think she was going to wait until 18m which is totally contrary to the plan!! Hopefully she won't take too long to suss it properly.

melliebobs Sat 06-Aug-11 13:39:55

Oooo here we all are! Hair is nice and shiny (if falling out when I brush it) and my nails are lovely and long!

Everybody knows out 'secret'. After our scan on Wednesday one of my colleagues was having a Body Shop Party and I brought my wedding album which finally turned up. Put the scan photos at the back. I've never seen them so excited! Told my acting boss on Thursday I think it went down ok and the rest of my family. My Facebook friends all found out yday.

Went to MIL's yday and SIL has brought us up loads of stuff. A mamas n papas Moses basket, swaddling blankets, baby rucksack/carrier, steriliser and my favourite. A baby beanbag. It's an alternative to a bouncy/rocker chair and being a beanbag it will shape round lil babies body!

melliebobs Sat 06-Aug-11 13:41:25

Oh yerr another lady within our team at work told us she's expecting. Apparently it was common knowledge but for some reason me and my other colleagues didn't know. Bloody thunder stealer!!!! Lol she's a week ahead of me

mistressploppy Sat 06-Aug-11 14:42:43

Hi everyone! What a lovely new bus, I like the velvet seats and the ice-cream freezers/crisp dispensers <settles in>

We got the letter confirming our baby is low risk for Down's, so that's a relief. We've started to tell people and most of the important folk know now, so I'll be Facebooking it soon. DH loves telling people, I think he's more excited than I am!

Hooray for six steps, Shipslady!

Grrr to thunder-stealer, Mellie grin

13+5

Sonriente Sat 06-Aug-11 14:54:03

Thought about jumping on husband when I woke in night. Closer to frisky then I've felt in a long time. A step in the right direction!

Sonriente Sat 06-Aug-11 14:56:42

Should add that I got up and had a bowl of cereal instead. I'm so hungry!

InnocentRedhead Sat 06-Aug-11 15:00:01

Ooooh, marking my place, i haven't being around for a while... I seemed to have bounced into the second trimester about 3 weeks ago when i was worrying about having very few symptoms, yet must have just had a good first trimester all in all. Sorry if appear to be showing off.

Well i had my scan yesterday grin and the sonographer commented on how active they were. Stretching, bending, 'doing the snake' (break dance move or something) turning, looking at us grin it was fantastic - she even struggled to take the measurements!!! My due date also changed from 20/2/12 to 14/02/12 Valentines Day. However i have looked at my dates and my cycle length etc. and there is no way this is possible - they must just be big. I am 12+5 today instead of 11+5 but my cycles says 11+5 so i am going on that. They will come when they want lol!

Hope everyone is good grin speak soon x

EsmeWeatherwax Sat 06-Aug-11 17:29:16

Hello again, marking my place. Glad most are feeling better. My nails are great, for once! Still not eating properly, lol, today have had two glasses of spicy tomato juice and homemade tomato soup. Gonna have an orange baby!

PIMSoclock Sat 06-Aug-11 18:58:23

Whoops!!
Posted on the old thread, but sooo much more space for my rapidly expanding bump!!
- I know I'm kidding myself, baby is 2 inches long, abdomen looks like there could b a two stone toddler in it blush
Scan next week, very excited!
11+5 (ish) grin

louby86 Sat 06-Aug-11 22:17:34

Hello everyone!

Well I'm not glowing yet but I keep pouncing on DH so I guess that makes up for it blush Got some nice long fingernails now too but that's probably more to do with how long I've been off work sick!

Here's to not feeling sick or much longer and having a lovely second trimester!

PamBeesly Sat 06-Aug-11 22:33:15

Marking my place! 11+1 and only 10 days until my scan, yahoo!

hermionejgranger Sat 06-Aug-11 23:30:41

Marking my place too...have seen the responses on the AIBU thread, Bill, and had a little chuckle! Been to see HP this evening and managed not to blub all the way through. Nice fast-growing fingernails here and the hair's growing like the dude from Indiana Jones when he drinks from the wrong holy grail. Could do with a bit more shine though - maybe I should try some pedigree chum?
3 more sleeps til scan! grin

Sugar80 Sun 07-Aug-11 06:59:22

Jumping on, even though I'm still lingering in the first trimester. More knackered than frisky, though my nails are growing long and strong. Clearly that's where all my energy's going!!

11+1

Sugar80 Sun 07-Aug-11 07:45:20

Okay I have a question. How "good" are you being? And by good, I mean are you sticking to all the pregnancy dos and don'ts?

I've just felt guilty because I mis-timed my poached egg and it was all lovely and runny inside. And I ate it. I have 5 chickens, so this was fresh out of one of their bums this morning, not screened for salmonella or anything. Mmm...

Xavielli Sun 07-Aug-11 08:06:04

Sugar I have to confess the only thing I really stick to is no pate or blue cheese. Blue cheese is easy as I don't like it hehe. With everything else it's pretty much the normal risk of food poisoning you run when eating it.

melliebobs Sun 07-Aug-11 10:27:29

sugar80 on the whole I've been pretty good. Although last night me and dh went to the dogs in Manchester and he let me have a lager shandy. God it was gooooood even though it was carling! Even though I'm not a huge drinker I'm bloomin missing it cos when we do go for a drink it's only for 1-2 and it's something to enjoy. Like well go do a long dog walk and go the beer garden for one. Hey ho. I've ended up allocating myself drinks between now and feb. I'm allowed one on my bday at the end of September. A gluhwine when we go the Xmas markets in December and one with my xmas dinner. I'm looking forward to them already!

madeindevon2 Sun 07-Aug-11 10:30:27

also couldn't live without my runny yolk poached eggs!!
Marking my place. Scan tomorrow
12+1

BillComptonstrousers Sun 07-Aug-11 10:36:35

mellie I've been drinking becks blue, got some cobra zero but it is horrible!

I also got a bottle of no alcohol rose wine from sainsburys (own brand) and it was actually ok with some ice, totally different to the stuff I used to drink years ago when I was first pregnant!

babycarmen Sun 07-Aug-11 10:49:11

Hmm never noticed but my nails are pretty healthy looking at the mo too!

I dont like eggs, pate or blue cheese so i dont really have to worry about that.. Ive been living off toast and mash and apples for the last while so when i do feel well enough to eat properly again i will be trying to eat 'healthier'.

The sickness tablets are helping a lot, havent been sick since thursday!!! Im feeling a bit better now im getting some food in me, think i went too far yesterday with cleaning/sorting out DDs room, maybe over did it a little bit, was shattered by 7pm and my back was in agony!

Sugarkane Sun 07-Aug-11 11:14:44

Well im being kind of good i.e no pate, (dont drink anyway) but I have to confess to dunking a soilder or two in the DC eggs yesterday. I think being number three im more relaxed with all that stuff this time, there's no way id have done that with dd.

Well I still hadnt heard about my scan so I called them and they said I was already booked in for tuesday afternoon, hmm wouldnt it have been best to have told me when im ment to be there??? I dont remember telling them I was telepathic at the booking appointment in fact im sure I told them to communicate through post or telephone. grin

I had a sick free day yesterday was great but hope this comment wont jinx it.

11+3 (feel like im dragging behind here)

TheWicketKeeperIsDown Sun 07-Aug-11 12:45:11

Well, my hair is definitely a bit thicker and shinier, and my nails are stronger. But I feel about as frisky as a stone.

I think a lot of that is because I am still feeling so shite. In fact, I'm feeling worse this week than I was. I had really low blood pressure when I was pregnant with DD, which I think drove a lot of the vomiting then and in the last few days I've been really dizzy standing up again. I just hope this sickness doesn't go on as long this time.

In terms of being "good", I was all set to be much more relaxed in a second pregnancy, but having had the MC between DD and this I'm back to following all the rules as I need to feel above reproach if anything happens this time. Tell you what, though, that mention of a runny egg has me desperately craving one now!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now