Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

April 2012 babies!

(1000 Posts)
RosyRosie Mon 25-Jul-11 09:32:36

Hello, not sure if there's a similar thread already but just thought I'd create somewhere for nayone else expecting in April 2012?

I actually conceived about 3wks ago but I think this counts as week 5? Just staring to get symptoms - headaches, little stirrings of nausea, getting tired and grumpier than usual lol.

A little bit concerned because I have a LOT of work on from now until October and maybe beyond - and I think I'm just going to want to sleep and puke through it all - hell! sad d'oh.

Dollybird99 Mon 25-Jul-11 11:08:09

Hi Rosy,
I also conceived about 3 weeks ago...have had lots of twinges and also starting to feel very very tired..although that could be considered my normal state! Can't wait to see what it brings.....(sickness, constipation, more tiredness...ha ha ha!!)

Dollybird xx

RosyRosie Mon 25-Jul-11 20:43:57

Hi Dolly!

I forgot to mention the lovely spots I'm getting now too! Not usually spotty, must be hormones....

RosyRosie Mon 25-Jul-11 20:47:27

uh oh! the due date calculater says 29 March! I assumed beginning July conception would be April...now I'm confused!

LaTristesse Tue 26-Jul-11 15:38:45

Hello! Yup, according to the due date calculator I'm 4 weeks, due April 2nd - hurrah! I started another thread but had no replies so I guess there can't be many of us yet!

Dollybird99 Tue 26-Jul-11 15:44:20

I've looked at two calculators, one said the 30th March, the other one the 1st April! Anyway - from what I've read, more often than not the first baby can be late so we'll slot ourselves into April and see what happens shall we...! Are you having any other symptoms yet..?

CoffeeOne Tue 26-Jul-11 15:46:51

Congratulations ladies. Thought I'd let you know that if you are March afterall there is a March 2012 thread already in the Ante-Natal clubs section.

LaTristesse Tue 26-Jul-11 16:14:23

Hey Dolly... This is DC2 for me, although DS came at 38 weeks so I may yet be March!
I feel pretty good at the moment, a little achy in the boob department (that was the worst bit about early pg for me last time), but as I'm still BF DS1 that's not a big surprise I guess! Had a fairly easy ride last time round so would be grateful for the same! The April thread I started was in the Ant-Natal Club section I realised, do we may get more joiners soon...
How are you feeling?

susey Tue 26-Jul-11 20:19:24

Hi! My due date is 31 March according to online calculator but I guess it may well mean April really. I'll see what the GP thinks when I have my first appt. Right now I just have sore breasts (which seem to be rapidly growing already!), twinges and feeling tired, but tiredness is hard to judge because work is pretty knackering these days anyway!

I feel for you Rosy - I am thinking about all the things i have coming up at work this year and worrying a little too!!

RosyRosie Wed 27-Jul-11 18:29:09

I'm sticking with April, I'm here now lol

My boobs have grown a wee bit - getting a bit of fourboobage with my usually well fitting bras

nausea is steadily growing, and craving lemons and lemon flavoured things...vinegary things like salt and vinegar crisps are keeping the lid on the nausea for now.

Dying to tell people, but after losing my previous at 11wks after telling everyone... :S going to try t wait til 12wks this time!

Dollybird99 Thu 28-Jul-11 15:46:17

I know what you mean. I would love to be telling everyone, but I am so nervous about it. This is my first pregnancy, and at 35, and being overweight I, of course, have my concerns so for the moment am keeping it (mainly!) to myself!

Feeling quite bloated, and my boobs are definitely fuller and quite tender.

Have got my first doctors appointment tomorrow morning.

Tristesse - did you get your nickname from the Manic's song? I absolutely adore that song and used to play it repeatedly when I was younger (much to the annoyance of my parents!).

Fingers crossed everyone! xx

loobywhitwell Thu 28-Jul-11 16:05:30

My period is due on sat. I have just taken a test & it came back with a faint positive.

Heres hoping!

Xxxxx

LaTristesse Thu 28-Jul-11 17:27:03

Yes I did Dolly...; I was a big Manics fan back in the day (I'm also 35 - do you know they class us as 'generiatric' mothers now!)

Fingers crossed Looby...smile

susey Thu 28-Jul-11 17:41:03

My docs appt isn't until Monday and it feels like the longest wait ever! My boobs are feeling tender and already feel/look larger. I swear everyone will be able to tell soon just from my ever-expanding chest, but I'm determined to wait til 12 weeks!

Let us know how it goes at the doc Dollybird.

mumofwilliam Thu 28-Jul-11 20:10:20

posted on the antenatal thread too - but due 4th april with no 2. First one came on due date too so may stay here.
Really hard knowing whether to tell people or not - told people last time when was about 5 weeks (they guessed really as not drinking!) but had a miscarriage before that when noone knew and then told people that was harder i think than them knowing. Oh can't decide what to do this time round!
Good luck the rest of you too - feeling good at moment but felt really bad last time so just waiting for it to kick in!

Sticko Thu 28-Jul-11 20:53:30

Hi everyone, I found out I was pregnant a week ago, the online thingy says I'm due 27th March. Excited and scared- keep fluctuating between the two! It's going to be difficult keeping it secret as I am known for being partial to a glass of wine smile

Not suffering too badly at the moment, although my boobs do feel like they're gonna get huge and I have a mild hangover-type feeling without drinking (where's the justice!).My docs appt is on Monday too - good luck everyone! X

RosyRosie Fri 29-Jul-11 07:34:08

I'm not going to the docs until it's scanning time - last time I went straightaway and it seemed to be appointment after appointment of form filling and telling me off for eating this that and the other. I got thoroughly sick of it >sad

Dollybird99 Fri 29-Jul-11 15:05:49

Well I had my docs appointment this morning. He gave me a big kiss and a cuddle - I love my doctor !!!!

He said that I am due on the 2nd April.

He said to keep my cheery outlook and positivity and hopefully all will be good. So fingers crossed for the next few weeks :-)Have got my first midwife appt on the 2nd September.

Lots of love and luck to you all xxxx

schmalex Fri 29-Jul-11 20:09:28

Hi ladies! Did a pregnancy test this morning and it confirmed my suspicions that I am preggers. Due on the 4th April according to the NHS dating thingy but I have a docs appointment next Thursday.

Not too sick so far but feeling absolutely wiped out and boobs are huge (relatively speaking for me!). I am planning not to tell anyone else until my 12 week scan just to be on the safe side, but I have to go to a couple of BBQs this weekend so will be trying to disguise my lack of boozing.

Good luck Looby!

loobywhitwell Sat 30-Jul-11 09:16:38

Test was a lot darker this morning:D

I see go & see the dr on mon/tues.

Good luck to everyone & thanks for your messages

xxxxxxxxxx

Tiggy12 Sat 30-Jul-11 09:41:47

Hello ladies

I am a few weeks in and so excited and hopeful but also scared that it may go wrong. Its my first so probably more paranoid than I should be though. Keep on worrying about every twinge! I have everything crossed for you all xxx

RosyRosie Sat 30-Jul-11 16:44:49

Hi newbies! hehe, welcome to the club!

Nothing new to report here, I'm getting on OK, catching up on sleep whenever and wherever I can, think people may be suspicious though!

MeltedMoments Sat 30-Jul-11 18:44:00

Hi, I got my BFP this afternoon, calculated I am due on April 1st. We are over the moon!
This will be baby no. 3. We have 2 girls aged 8 and 4. We've been trying for 3 years for this one! Thought my BFP would never come!

aprilfoolsbaby Sat 30-Jul-11 19:16:23

Hello ladies, I joined the other March thread but if everyone's congregating here can I join in too?

Baby no 2 due 2nd April. Was at the doctors on Thursday with DD1 and asked if she could fit in a quick test for me rather than coming back in. She rolled her eyes gave me a bottle and said I'd know what I was doing as I already had one!!!! DD1 is 3 and the baby times feel so long ago and I'm worried I've forgotten everything. Anyway it was positive and midwife appointment is 22 August.

My first symptom was breathlessness which I recognised from last time. Have had a bit of nausea and breasts are like lead balloons when the bra comes off!

It's lovely to meet you all.

KlairvoyantKat Mon 01-Aug-11 06:06:57

I hope I'm not jumping the gun, but had a very feint positive testing 3 days early. Had 2 miscarriages in the past year, so really hoping it will be third time lucky for me. Will probably just lurk for the next week but hope to be able to come back with good news soon!

This thread is not accepting new messages.