Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

"I'm a July baby.....GET ME OUTTA HERE!!!!"

(412 Posts)
JimmyChoo17 Thu 14-Jul-11 19:42:17

hi ladies fresh new thread in which hopefully we will ALL have our babies happy and healthy on the right side of our bellies by the time it comes round to a fresh new July new born thread smile

MissLolita Thu 14-Jul-11 20:23:00

Ooh a lovely new thread! I just need a lovely new baby to go with it! smile

BabyL has overstayed her welcome by a week now and I am FED UP! I have done literally everything to encourage her with no success. I am due to call my midwife tomorrow morning to arrange a second sweep and I'm booked for induction next Wednesday.

How is everyone else doing?

JimmyChoo17 Thu 14-Jul-11 20:31:48

I need one too! Getting fed up of being in limbo....but then feel panicked at the thought of finally giving birth! I seem to be alternating feelings each day. One day I'm ready for it, the next I can't even think about it it's too scary!

Mind you....how exciting knowing I can eat rare steak and runny eggs again, ha ha small things ey?!

nicolamumof3 Thu 14-Jul-11 20:39:19

Im strangely ok now with the waiting bit, may not say that after saturday which is my actual due date.

Jimmy your last comment on old thread, I am similar now, worrying about baby hoping all will be ok etc? sad theres always something to worry over tho isn't there.

JimmyChoo17 Thu 14-Jul-11 20:47:50

I think that's why I just want baby to be here now. Baby's movements are different too which I'm told to expect due to late stages but find myself worrying about that and something happening during birth. I like the fact this is my first so I know nothing about what to expect but that in itself is scary too!!!!!

I'm sure someone said this pregnancy lark was enjoyable.....! I feel cheated grin

notnearlyasblondasiwas Thu 14-Jul-11 21:32:58

Am also still waiting for baby to show up. Have a sweep booked for monday but am hoping something will happen soon. Dont feel remotely like labour is on the horizon! I am also worrying about baby, still moving but less frequently, just want to get on with it now.

If one more person calls me to ask "any news...." in an expectant voice i may kill!

JimmyChoo17 Thu 14-Jul-11 22:03:16

notnearly am with u on that one....for gods sakes people YOU WOULD KNOW! Ignored 6 phone calls, 4 texts and countless face book messages today.

Scottygirl10 Thu 14-Jul-11 22:43:26

Feeling your nerves button, I'm being induced tomorrow too. this is my first so I'm an exact mixture of both of your fears button and jimmy, and many more of my own! Dh just asked if I was tired and wanted to go to bed, to Which the normal answer would be hello yes! NOt tonight tho, cos then it will be tomorrow...kacking myself.sad can't wait to meet lil cub tho smile x

JimmyChoo17 Thu 14-Jul-11 23:02:10

Good luck scotty it's so scary, exciting but REALLY scary at the same time

How many weeks\days will u be? My sweep is booked for 40+2 (next week) but not sure whether to cancel and leave until a bit later...but know I'm only thinking of putting it off as scared about birth!

minicorrect Fri 15-Jul-11 06:02:00

Just marking quickly and to wish button and Scotty lots of luck today. really hope all goes well for you both and you soon have your precious little ones in your arms!

notnearlyasblondasiwas Fri 15-Jul-11 07:11:35

Good luck button and scotty - thinking of you both and slightly envious!! Hoping it all goes well!

buttonmoon78 Fri 15-Jul-11 07:27:19

Good luck Scotty.

Thanks everyone. I'm terrified - even though I've done birth 3x before and been induced 1x before. The thing is, each time is different!

I reckon I'll walk in there, let them check my notes and then say 'right ladies - let's not mess about with the g&a, show me the hard stuff' grin

I'll be back with news as and when...

nicolamumof3 Fri 15-Jul-11 07:39:22

good lucky button and scotty! Shall be thinking of you today. Cannot wait for the birth announcements! xx

JimmyChoo17 Fri 15-Jul-11 08:10:17

Good luck button-could be birthing on a full-moon and scotty!!!

Sorry had to pick up on the moon thinking about the other thread nic! :-)

I'm starving again today...I ate like horse yesterday....please someone tell me this is a sign of imminent labour?!!!

HLSalter Fri 15-Jul-11 08:40:06

Mason Mark Osborne born 12 July at 21:25 weighing 7lb 7oz. Induced 6 days early due to pre eclampsia. grin good luck everyone.

nicolamumof3 Fri 15-Jul-11 08:43:13

I didn't even have dinner last night was too tired to make anything. so had an apple and a piece of chocolate cake instead!! Im wiped out today, maybe thats a sign! Its just exhausted getting kids ready in the morning isn't it. Oh well only one more week then i'll have the joys of three kids and a newborn for the entire summer holidays!!

JimmyChoo17 Fri 15-Jul-11 08:48:51

I googled excessive hunger as a symptom....turns out it's a sign of pregnancy! I'm so excited...oh wait hang on...I knew that already!!! Hurry up baby choo, I've done everything I wanted to achieve with time off, now move it!!!!!!

just seen purple plump has popped too.

Congratulations salter!!

Badgerwife Fri 15-Jul-11 09:03:23

Congrats salter and good luck button and scotty

Bring it on!!!

hefner Fri 15-Jul-11 09:48:37

Congratulations salter and good luck to scotty and button

I'm due on Sunday, absolutely no sign of anything happening yet. I'm hoping the midwife will offer me a sweep at my appointment on tuesday if nothing has happened by then. Like you jimmy I've done everything I needed to do, and now just feel like I'm waiting. Trying not to be too impatient as I haven't even reached my due date yet

scarthy1975 Fri 15-Jul-11 10:34:16

Congratulations to the new arrivals and good luck to button and scotty.

Another babyless day - starting to get fed up now, especially with all the text messages and comments when dropping DS off at school 'still here then!'

If nothing happened by next Thursday i'm going to ask midwife for a sweep - day before induction so can't do any harm and would hope i'm near the end by that point!

JimmyChoo17 Fri 15-Jul-11 10:57:59

Jeeeeez I have just bawled my eyes out and gone into a blind panic about birth watching last nights one born every minute. And i mean Proper panic......what a numpty watching this so close to due date (tomorrow) oh my gosh I can't believe I'm about to do this. I'm really feeling for u ladies doing this today. I nearly rang hubby but realised would just worry him at work.

When u actually go into labour do u just crack on with it or panic thru it? It's the American one and they seem to panic thru each birth shown!! They all seem to have epidurals and no immediate skin to skin either?!

To make things worse I just had a parcel delivered so I was snivelling, snotty, in a see thru White nightie at the door to some delivery hunk...lol! Nice flying saucer nipples...

ridiculouslypanickedjimmychoo.com

Eglu Fri 15-Jul-11 11:33:12

Congratulations Salter, lovely name.

Good luck for today to Button and Scotty

Jimmy OBEM USA is really not a lot like births in the UK at all. Everything in the USA is very 'managed'. They are always straight in there breaking the waters etc. and they all have epidurals as there is no G&A. You can do it don't worry.

I had the HV here today and DD is now up past her birth weight. I'm exhausted though, as she fed all day yesterday and I've got a cold and spent half of the night coughing. So I'm doing nothing today to try and rest. DS1 is out with friends for a while so I've only got DS2 and DD to look after.

nicolamumof3 Fri 15-Jul-11 12:54:28

jimmy don't worry, i won't watch obem usa as it is NOTHING like a uk birth experience so put it out of your mind if possible.

Yes you will be totally in the zone when the time comes, don't worry too much. I know thats easier said than done. My first birth was so much easier and quicker than i thought as I kept thinking 'this is going to be really bad in a minute' so kept bracing myself for worse. Next minute he was crowning and out. All over. Nice cuppa, and snuggle all done!!

nicolamumof3 Fri 15-Jul-11 15:16:28

i wonder how button's doing...

isitreallythattime Fri 15-Jul-11 15:26:53

Afternoon after a long labour, a girl !! Born tues afternoon. She is a little beauty and a lovely surprise to have a girl!

Stayed in hospital till today to try and recover but being on a ward is not sensible. Now 'trying' to settle home with ds being excited and sensitive and dp being stressed / anxious. Going to be a bumpy settling in time for us all.

x x keep pushing : )

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now