Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Anyone having a baby at Queen Charlotte & Chelsea Hospital end 2011/start 2012

(10 Posts)
lalababy Thu 14-Jul-11 10:58:31

Hi - I am due on the 18th of December and am booked into QC. Was wondering if there were any other mums to be out there who are booked here and what they think of it.

cookie9 Thu 14-Jul-11 11:04:04

Hi I am booked into queen chatlotte's. EDD is 12/11/11. Heard good things about birth but net natal is a bit hit and miss.

lalababy Thu 14-Jul-11 11:29:00

I am a bit miffed coz I heard good things about it - but so far during my appointments I haven't been too impressed. Huge waiting times - and I haven't felt like I got anything out of it.

cookie9 Tue 19-Jul-11 07:12:11

Are you planning to use the birth centre!

LateToThisBabyMalarky Wed 20-Jul-11 07:43:48

Hi lalababy, I'm booked in for Feb '12 but have 3 friends who all went there for their births - real cross-section, the best experience seemed to be in the birthing centre. One of the babies had a collapsed lung and they were fantastic apparently (that was on labour ward), but all commented about long waits at appointments & often not seeing the same midwife twice. I'm one a one-to-one plan with a midwife and have so far found the care to be excellent.

cookie9 Sat 30-Jul-11 09:03:26

When I am next there will find out more about midwife ratios etc. Looking forward to birth centre tour once I get to 34 weeks.

Carolyn54 Fri 05-Aug-11 23:09:39

Hey, I'm new to the site and thought I would post on here as I'm booked for my twenty week scan on Monday 8th August and am due the 23rd December and having it at Queen Charlottes. Would be great to make contact with others. I too have found the antenatal appointments a joke - crowded waiting room and crazy waiting around. My only saving grace is a lovely midwife!

cookie9 Sat 06-Aug-11 10:16:46

I haven't seen the same midwife or doctor yet. Back in again to see doc for 28 week appointment so will be interesting to see who I get then. Have found the people on the help line lovely. I do sometimes wonder if I should just have gone private but would rather keep my money to spend on baby once he is born. It is my first baby so I think I am just a bit over anxious about the birth.

Carolyn54 Sat 06-Aug-11 22:22:06

I happened to get a nice midwife on my first booking visit so have bagged her, so to speak!

cookie9 Wed 24-Aug-11 21:00:35

Carolyn54 hope the 20 week scan went well.

My last appointment was ok even if they were running one hour late. I am measuring a bit big so may be referred for a scan if still big next time.

Looking forward to tour of delivery unit and midwife led unit.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now