Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

We are all jolly well going to have a perfectly uneventful pregnancy and pain free birth and will brook no argument at all

(1002 Posts)
HidingInTheUndergrowth Tue 12-Jul-11 15:18:53

In a moment bravery here is the anti-natal thread for all those continuing to Brook No Argument into pregnancy and beyond.

So raise your fists to the sky and sing loud for there is no turning back now! We shall all stand firm and prevail with joy in our hearts as all our pregnancies will be simply blooming perfect!

Hurrah! and more Hurrah! grin

HidingInTheUndergrowth Tue 12-Jul-11 15:22:27

<lays out some biccies, cheese and toast with marmite in preperation for the incoming hoards>

Ok...I'm waiting....

allhailtheaubergine Tue 12-Jul-11 16:14:23

I'm home!

<weeps a little>

HidingInTheUndergrowth Tue 12-Jul-11 16:29:52

<passes aubers a tissue>

Welcome aubers! Now you are here it is officially a Brooking No Argument thread with the aubers seal of approval grin

How are you doing? Hope everythingis going well and super!

allhailtheaubergine Tue 12-Jul-11 16:48:24

Well, since you ask I am perfectly uneventfully throwing up morning, noon and night. No amount of brooking can stop it. I even woke in the night to throw up a few night ago. Apart from that all going wonderfully well as far as I know. Have not seen a doctor yet.

How about you?

schobe Tue 12-Jul-11 16:53:33

Humph!

Well some of us have very heavy periods indeed and our brooking has completely failed AGAIN.

But grudging sympathy for pukiness I suppose.

<<Grumps off>>

LoveInAColdChamberOfSecrets Tue 12-Jul-11 17:01:25

Am weeping a little with excitement at being on this thread, but seeing as the following things have made me weep today, that doesn't mean all that much:

The receptionist at my GP didn't say "congratulations" when I went to pick up my pregnancy notes.

The reeptionist at the infertility clinic did say "congratulations" when I called to cancel my appointment.

Someone made a cup of tea.

I lost my phone.

I found my phone.

Etc etc...

Anyone else experiencing pregnancy as some kind of tear factory?

Aubergine - I hope the vomming calm down soon. I know it's not helpful, but at least it's a good sign things are going well...

HidingInTheUndergrowth Tue 12-Jul-11 17:08:10

Poor aubers! <scatters about some strategically placed buckets and bottles of water>

schobe I have reserved a place for you with a nice name card and everything.

I am lucky that I am not really a puking kinda girl...at least not so far <fx>. Had some very funny tummy incidents and have had to practically throw poor dh out the bathroom when he was having a nice relaxing soak so I can use the toilet in a moment of emergency. I also need to eat all the time...I have discovered that if I don't eat right before bed I wake up at 3am starving!

Apart from that just panicking about any hint of a cramp. Also have not seen doctors yet. I walked past twice yesterday but have yet to gather the courage to actually go in and book an appointment. Maybe next week smile

allhailtheaubergine Tue 12-Jul-11 17:31:57

Oh Schobes. Period totally trumps continual vomming. My sympathies old bean. But as Hiding says, we're keeping your seat warm and the party won't start until you get here. We have every faith in your brooking skillz.

Imps7 Tue 12-Jul-11 17:44:16

Ooooh I've come for a sneaky peek and a bite to eat. I love what you've done with those curtains! What an amazing taste in soft furnishings you have. I could see myself fitting in very nicely here...

<runs back to TTC thread before getting too comfortable and falling asleep on the sofa>

maybebabyR Tue 12-Jul-11 17:51:32

I have come for a butchers too. Just throwing in a few cushions for my obviously imminent arrival.

Passes some sickness bands to Aubers along with ginger tea, ginger snaps and a few breath mints..... grin

thelittlefriend Tue 12-Jul-11 19:16:46

Oooh, I'm just nosing too. Thrilled to see the graduates have found it. See you all when the hpt's tell me what we already know!

HidingInTheUndergrowth Tue 12-Jul-11 20:29:24

Ooo visitors! How lovely, do come in and reserve yourself a place grin

oh love I know it is mean but your post did make me laugh. I have also noticed myself rather close to tears. I have this terrible fear I am going to burst into tears in the middle of an important work meeting. I can just see everyone staring at me in horror while i sob uncontrolably for no obvious reason. Oh dear not very professional blush

LoveInAColdChamberOfSecrets Wed 13-Jul-11 06:01:00

I know just what you mean, Hiding. Tear stained isn't really the look of professionalism, is it?

My boobs are less sore this morning which I hope isn't a harbinger of doom. I was really stupid last night and lifted a big plastic trug full of water so really, really hope nothing happens or I'll blame myself. I also, in the same absentminded forgetting-I-am-pregnant mode, did some weeding without gloves. In the spirit of the thread, however, am sure all will be fine.

allhailtheaubergine Wed 13-Jul-11 09:27:16

Today I am amusing myself by assuming I am having twins, and choosing names accordingly.

I have boy / girl twin names sorted, and have enough choices for boy / boy twins, but am worried about the possibility of girl / girl twins as I only have one girls first name. I may head to Baby Names.

In other news, today I have puked one small bowl of cereal, one glass of water, one glass of squash, one small apricot, and I am hoping to see the dry cracker I just ate within the next 20 minutes or so grin.

schobe Wed 13-Jul-11 12:41:23

Aw thanks chaps. Hopefully I'll be back.

Aubers, that sounds really awful. Did you have bad sickness in your other pgs?

LoveInAColdChamberOfSecrets Wed 13-Jul-11 12:41:40

Feeling any better, aubers? I am so tired I just want to lie down on the floor and go to sleep. I am also plauged with anxiety over something going wrong, then even more anxious as stress is supposed to be bad for the baby. I can't win on that one I think...

Is anyone else already putting on weight?! I have always been a slim size 8 and at less than 5 weeks pregnant suddenly look about 4 months updiffed! I'm assuming it's water retention or something. I cried this morning because I told DH I'd had to have my desk and chair at work adjusted and he said he didn't realise I'd put on that much weight hmm.

maybebabyR Wed 13-Jul-11 12:51:44

Just popping in to check on the lovely pregnant ladies.

Love you poor thing. I am sure it is a combination of water and wind smile

Aubers I am feeling for you. Hope you manage to keep something down today. The twins will be hungry grin

allhailtheaubergine Wed 13-Jul-11 13:32:15

Yes, the consta-vom isn't fun but it is my no means my worst pregnancy symptom.

Now, those of you who are first timers might like to look away now. It's not pretty. But I feel we have all come to know and love each other over the last couple of months and I hope you won't judge me too harshly.

When I am pregnant... I like to listen to power ballads.

It's honestly a pregnancy symptom. I don't ever listen to them any other time. But when with child I get cravings for The Best of Westlife. Celine Dion even. It's such a filthy secret. Please don't hate me.

<you raise me uuuuuuuuup>
<teary>

schobe Wed 13-Jul-11 16:16:00

and then a hero comes along

LoveInAColdChamberOfSecrets Wed 13-Jul-11 16:58:57

Aubers, that is awesomely hilarious.

HidingInTheUndergrowth Wed 13-Jul-11 20:49:55

Oh Aubers! How could you? Just when you think you know someone they come out with something like this....the shock is just too much. I think I need a little lie down grin

Love I am getting huge! I am putting it down to gas and water...that and the eating constantly. I suppose that might also have something to do with it. Luckily I have recently lost weight so all my clothes were a little bit too big for me anyway, not any more though. So much for all those months of fruit salads for breakfast hmm

I told my line manager today as she is lovely and was just so super when I had my mc that I figured if I told her at least I wouldn't be worrying about having to explain after the event if something went wrong. Also she is very good about letting me work from home or do odd hours if I am feeling really crap. I did almost cry though and then got all embarresed and had to talk about something else blush

I am also going all tired and emotional. I think I might need one of those tissues. All this crying must be catching!

LoveInAColdChamberOfSecrets Wed 13-Jul-11 22:00:44

Oh dear god. I have just taken off my bra and either it has become far too tight and left vivid red marks all over my boobs or my breasts are already striated with alluring stretchmarks. Seriously hoping for the former... As if the new map of blue veins all over them wasn't attractive enough!

mememummy Wed 13-Jul-11 22:55:06

Hi blush (steps in gingerly)

mememummy Wed 13-Jul-11 22:56:25

Vomit check
Uti check
Starving hungry check
A bfp check

Looks like the smack got the rat

This thread is not accepting new messages.