Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Due August 2011, the waiting is nearly over, who will be the first to pop?!?!?

(951 Posts)
KLou111 Tue 05-Jul-11 13:43:48

On the final stretch ladies, the waiting is nearly over for the arrival of our beautiful bundles of joy smile

WinterLover Tue 05-Jul-11 14:15:27

Woohoo grin

KTisPG Tue 05-Jul-11 15:15:38

<swans in, marks place, swans off again> grin

bettyboo83 Tue 05-Jul-11 15:29:52

I hope I don't pop??? shock

MrsVidic Tue 05-Jul-11 15:42:06

Well i don't think it will be me as baby went from 3/5 engaged 2 weeks ago to free flowing now! It's going to be a long 4 weeks

MrsStevo Tue 05-Jul-11 16:09:55

Technically we already have our first 'popper' - wishwales. Although I've not seen her post for a while, hope all's well with her and Morgan.

I've got a max of 3 weeks to go from today!! Had another scan this morning to measure dopplers and all's well, packed me off home and back on Friday for the growth scan. Big day indeed. Eeek.

Thanks to you all for the info about false labour / ACTUAL labour. I think I'm just going to assume that I'm not in labour until further notice and ignore braxtons. I just hope I don't have that every night from now on ... I'll be knackered by the time they arrive otherwise!

Happy Tuesday everyone. Hope you're all surviving the heat.

JenniL1977 Tue 05-Jul-11 16:29:10

Marking my place smile

aStarInStrangeways Tue 05-Jul-11 16:31:18

I must have missed the end of the last thread somehow blush Been a bit preoccupied with the whole diabetes bollocks, but feeling better after a positive appt today.

MrsS I am so pleased for you that your babies are nearly here smile I've practically been in meltdown over my relatively minor complication, so god knows how you have kept it together over the last few months. I salute you!

aStarInStrangeways Tue 05-Jul-11 16:32:05

Oh, am also having lots of BH this time around. Had hardly any last time that I can recall, but these days I can't walk further than a few metres without having to stop and collect myself.

RunDMC Tue 05-Jul-11 18:28:09

long time lurker marking my place and kind of cheating as my EDD is 24th July grin...so would it count if I popped first ?!!

baby is also breech and have a scan booked for Thursday at 37+4 so will just have to see what happens !!

Also loving strawberries and raspberries and felt compelled to make gingerbread today randomly...

MrsStevo Tue 05-Jul-11 19:39:10

Where is the thread with our stats on these days? Dropped off that agggges ok.

Just had a baking-based disaster. Really fancied making a chocolate fudge cake and what emerged from the oven can only be described as a chocolate frisby cake. Didn't rise at all sad Still pretty yummy though grin

KLou111 Tue 05-Jul-11 20:49:16

stats here mrsS

Firawla Tue 05-Jul-11 20:54:10

marking my place too

star how is it going with your diabetes?
will be exciting to see whos babies come next, i guess maybe mrs stevo if you have a max of 3 weeks!
mine will be recommended for induction at 38 or 39 weeks they have said? so i think only 4 or 5 weeks! will be actually quite weird for me to have a baby that early as im used to going well overdue

LifeOfKate Tue 05-Jul-11 21:12:01

Marking my place smile

Thanks for setting up the new thread, KLou smile

MrsStevo Tue 05-Jul-11 21:13:53

Ugh. I can't spell and I MUST correct myself: Frisbee.

Right. I can sleep now.

Thanks for the stats klou

neverlookback Tue 05-Jul-11 21:39:52

ah this will prob be our last thread!! have so much enjoyed having u lot to chat with through this pregnancy, its gone so fast and i havent been able to say that with my other 2.
Had a v hot holiday in spain, dont think ill choose to fly so late if i had another baby as u forget all the walking sitting and lifting involved flying with 2 small kids but it was lovely and i felt quite good in my bikini, which is funny as i have not worn one since before i had ds as i got a lot of stretch marks!
feeling guilty as poor dp is upstairs painting dd new room ready to swap for baby and he was out for work at 6am till 6pm but my hips are really sore after travelling home and doing the shopping this morn where the till lady said i look like im due and couldnt believe ive got 6.5 weeks to go!! but im expecting another big one anyway!

CappuccinoCarrie Tue 05-Jul-11 23:14:47

never we can continue our wittering to our hearts content under the new banner of post-natal clubs!
My if-I-had-my-time-again-I'd-be-a-midwife friend is convinced my little bundle is head down, hooray! Still another week til my first mw appt for over 2 months confused

alibaba76 Tue 05-Jul-11 23:26:42

Wow, another (possibly last?) thread!
I spent weekend on the west coast of scotland with my mum, brother and his 3 kids - I can now happily ignore children screaming!
It was a very hectic weekend though and I came home last night shattered. Attended 2 antenatal things today as well, NHS class in the morning, and hypnobirthing (free) in the evening. Between this was washing/ironing and napping. Also managed to visit supermarket with DH to get supplies in. Have recovered now, but looking forward to the rest of the week off. After this week I've got 2 weeks left of work (but only 4 day weeks) and that's it for a year!
Last big job to get done is our driveway. Landscapers we had booked didn't turn up so now BIL has the job. Hopefully he'll be starting on Monday but it will take him 2 weeks. I'm determined he needs to be finished when I start Mat leave as I can't be doing with the work going on while I'm here.
Just got a couple of things to pack and that's hospital bag ready. And just got a few small baby things/house things to buy and that's pretty much it!

I've still not had any braxton hicks yet - hopefully they won't start now as I think I'd panic if they did.

Here's to an easy last few weeks for us all and easy labours too!

davidtennantsmistress Wed 06-Jul-11 08:27:25

just place marking on this one.

Annie456 Wed 06-Jul-11 12:23:28

Marking my place too! I'm only 32+3 so I'm going to put my bet on me being the LAST to pop!!!
Still, I spoke to my mum yesterday who said that her 3 labours were 3.5 hours, 2.5 hours and 1.5 hours from first contraction to birth (here's hoping!!) DH is also trying to comfort me with his logic that my mum and nana both have really stretchy skin so it won't hurt that much! (I think he's trying to get all his funnies out of the way before labour as I really won't appreciate them then!!!)

NCT intensive course tomorrow so when my head has stopped spinning I'm sure I'll have a list of questions for you all!!
Xx

Rehune Wed 06-Jul-11 12:30:35

My 'to do list' before baby comes is getting shorter. Thankfully the things for the actual baby is very very short. Most of the other things will never get done and they are mainly for me but here they are:

Dye hair (vanity)
Manicure/pedicure (self inflicted)
Bikini wax (poor girl who gets to do that for me)
Hide MIL's body when I finally snap and do her in with a blunt spoon
Find alibi
Bring up baby with no worries of he/she growing up with MIL inflicted self esteem problems

Sorry - am giving MIL too much star time here. I think we would get on better if she lived in another country like yourns Anu3 or I had the guts to tell her to f off like MrsS. But for now I keep myself sane by quietly plotting her demise.

Rehune Wed 06-Jul-11 12:32:55

I just had a horrible thought. What if if Victoria Beckham names her baby girl with MY baby girl name? Aaaarrggghhh

littlemissw Wed 06-Jul-11 12:46:42

Wow, a new thread again! I cannot believe that our next thread will more than likely be in the antenatal boards ... time has wings!

Great to hear you are all doing so well, esp MrsS.

I had my 34w appointment with my mw this morning & apart from a small trace of protein in my urine, all seems to be well with (a very active) bubs. Still head down, so thats great, but was told that due to my other two being born OP, this one will more than likely be too ... so preparing for another L-O-N-G, painful labour. I can't say that I wasn't expecting it though, as I was told after DD2's birth that its probably the shape of my pelvis. Here's hoping another appointment with chiro makes any difference...

I'm feeling a bit miffed & neglected too. I've been instructed to fill in my birthplan by myself as apparently they don't do it with 2nd+ timers anymore. hmm Mind you, my options of what I'd like are pretty limited due to complications after DD1's birth anyway, so I guess it doesn't really matter what I'd like. Oh, how nice a homebirth or a waterbirth would have been... Sigh

You ladies all sound so organized with your hospital bags packed, baby clothes washed & nurseries ready! I think I'm going through a week of denial at the moment - hopefully the nesting instinct will kick in soon. The one thing I have got sorted at least is baby's transport. As a complete pramaholic I've decided to upgrade my BELOVED Baby Jogger City Mini for the Elite version and I can't wait for it to arrive in a few days time. grin

littlemissw Wed 06-Jul-11 12:52:09

LOL Rehune I have one of those MIL's as well. Luckily she lives on the other side of the country otherwise I think I'd have to come up with an alibi too! ;)

aStarInStrangeways Wed 06-Jul-11 12:55:45

Firawla my diabetes is stressing me out less, thanks, after finally having a positive appt with the a/n team at which I spelt out how pissed off the whole thing had made me and went through an extensive list of questions, which they answered entirely to my satisfaction. Readings are pretty normal and they have said they don't anticipate the diabetes to cause any particular problem during my labour and birth smile How about you?

I also have next appt with them in 3 weeks' time when I will be 39 weeks, at which they'll offer me a sweep if I want it! Gulp/yay smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now