Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

low progesterone!!

(9 Posts)
moosparkle1 Sat 02-Jul-11 21:06:55

I'm completely new to this forum lark, so apologies if I'm not in the right place. Can anyone help or advise me?? have had day 21 progesterone monitoring since jan, and it's been getting lower, last was 14! Recently started cycle tracking which showed a follicle ready to burst also had an HSG last week which showed tubes fine. I'm going back for rpt prog on Mon and just wondered what the lowest it can be to fall pregnant!! I have been told secondary infertility ( 6 year old gorge girl) but we're desperate to give her a sibling! am beside myself. All other bloods are normal!! help! x

InnocentRedhead Sat 02-Jul-11 21:21:59

Awww, I really feel for you, and I couldn't leave it unanswered. I do not feel you would get the right advice here, try putting this in conception with the title something like 'Secondary infertility - low progesterone' e.g.

Hope that helps

moosparkle1 Sat 02-Jul-11 21:22:41

I'm completely new to this forum lark, so apologies if I'm not in the right place. Can anyone help or advise me?? have had day 21 progesterone monitoring since jan, and it's been getting lower, last was 14! Recently started cycle tracking which showed a follicle ready to burst also had an HSG last week which showed tubes fine. I'm going back for rpt prog on Mon and just wondered what the lowest it can be to fall pregnant!! I have been told secondary infertility ( 6 year old gorge girl) but we're desperate to give her a sibling! am beside myself. All other bloods are normal!! help! x

moosparkle1 Sat 02-Jul-11 21:24:45

Thanks! I'm having difficulty working my way round this!! and I've posted the same message twice! and I thought getting pregnant was hard!!!! XX

weepootle Sat 02-Jul-11 21:25:51

I had low progesterone, even lower levels than you. I took one round of Clomid and fell pg with dd2. Although Clomid is used to stimulate ovulation, in doing this is also significantly raises your progesterone levels too.

weepootle Sat 02-Jul-11 21:26:28

it not is.

InnocentRedhead Sat 02-Jul-11 21:26:57

Awww. Right... go to the bottom of this page and there is a list of shortcuts... Under Popular forums, there is conception. Press that and post this as you have in this one... I'll help you through and post for you if you need

faintpositive Sat 02-Jul-11 21:31:42

Thing is they cannot possibly be 100% accurate because they cannot pinpoint precisely when you ovulate.
So to clarify, IF for eg they did the test 2 days earlier...or 3 days later, you may well have a peak inprogesterone level then.
Day 21 may not even be your day to peak....
These tests are not reliable in any shape or form.

Mine was 11 on day 21...they told me that this is a menopausal level.
Without any treatement or medications, i have managed to get caught out and it apears that i am up the duff.
Ds aged 8, 4 years of trying for a baby now.

Good luck and dont loose hope, how long have you been trying to concieve (ttc)?

moosparkle1 Sat 02-Jul-11 22:00:28

Thankyou all so much for help, I'm very impressed! I've never done anything like this before and have been reading how helpful you all are so thought would give it a go to try and ease my desperate mind !!! been trying for over a year now which is not long I know but my prog. levels have just got lower every month and I'm so worried, also could this explain x2 prev M/C, before my daughter? do I need to move to another forum also for this topic? X

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now