Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Hypnobirthing in Surrey

(4 Posts)
vhappymumma2b Tue 21-Jun-11 12:51:18

Hi all

I'm 24+2 and my Midwife has recommended that I look into private Hypnobirthing sessions for my Husband and I as I am quite an anxious person, she really thinks that they will be helpful for us.

Has anyone tried Hypnobirthing? I'd be grateful for recommendations from people who have seen therapists in the Surrey area and to know more about your experiences.

Thanks so much in advance smile
x

Haribojoe Tue 21-Jun-11 13:13:58

I used natal hypnotherapy with DS2 and found it really helpful.

If you google Maggie Howell her website will come up, you can either just buy the birth preparation CD to listen to athome (which is what I did), or you can attend classes with a qualified practitioner.

I dieceide to use it after going to one of her study days for health professionals, can't recommend it highly enough.

Hope this helps.

vhappymumma2b Wed 22-Jun-11 19:34:34

Thanks so much, really kind of you to let me know. It is really hard to find out who to use, as the Midwives don't recommend anyone and there isn't an official list of practitioners available. x

PerpetualProvocateur Mon 27-Jun-11 10:35:58

I haven't taken sessions, only used the Natal Hypnotherapy CDs, but someone I know had recommended this therapist: www.rowanperkin.co.uk/index.htm

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now