Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Shagged out Viroid Grads 3...

(1001 Posts)
ConfessionsOfAnAchingFanjo Mon 20-Jun-11 11:22:09

Ha! I made it to the next thread.

vallinnapod Mon 20-Jun-11 11:37:08

Nice one COAFF!! copied my last post over:

Nickel I wasn't 100% sure it was baby moving until about 20 weeks. It did feel like wind initially (and occassionally was )!

Nice one on the nursery Katee...I sorted stuff out at my Mum's in prep for the move back. Tall, skinny house so we now have something (or on order) for the baby to sleep in on every floor! Moses basket in the basement, pram on ground, nothing on the first floor and then crib on the bedroom/baby room floor! Decided we need another changing mat and nappy pail up there too as night time changes are not going to take place down 5 flights of stairs (although will probably mean I need to wee too!)
Desperate to nest in my own house

So of the maternity leave. 6 weeks to go (incl. this one) for me. Am so over it. Am having to be really strong not to start early as I know I will really regret it at the other end. Am just so pissed off with people here. I just want to yell at most of them. My role is in essence to support the business and more than once I have felt myself about to yell "I couldn't give a shit if you won no more business so please, continue to ignore me completely...."

Bad day all round so far Got up to go to the gym - normally takes about 25 mins at that time of day to get there. One huge road closed off so diversion means I an 20 mins later than normal. Get to the gym to find it in darkness and what I can only describe as a hate-mob brewing outside! The management hadn't turned up and the personal trainers were gettting it in the neck from the punters... It's a Fitness First, which are pretty much on every corner in London, so I walked 5 mins to the nearest next one. Started working out and in 10 mins was dripping. Asked the guy to turn the air con on. 5 mins later asked again. 5 mins later told by the manager it hadn't worked for a month and would be unlikely to be fixed for several yet . Give up and head to shower. Changing room is like a sauna. I can barely dress I am so wet with sweat. Have to wait an hour at work before even attempting to apply make up. Now writing the most vitriolic rant to FF....cancelling my membership....which will only serve to limit me! Fuming

Sorry self indulgence over.

KateeTheBump Mon 20-Jun-11 11:41:48

Blimey, we're a garrulous lot aren't we? That last thread didn't last very long! grin

Hope your day gets better val - happy sleeping coaaf smile

Baby2b Mon 20-Jun-11 12:03:41

Just marking my place. I keep getting way behind with reading posts. Will try and skim them later. Will someone let me know if I have missed any births?! grin.

31 weeks today (omg, I'm going to have a baby emoticon).

ConfessionsOfAnAchingFanjo Mon 20-Jun-11 12:19:28

Sorry Baby2b no new babies just yet (though grin at your realisation what this pregnancy malarky leads too).

nickelbabe Mon 20-Jun-11 12:46:24

ooh, coaaf is the OP! grin
that means we can track more easily when she goes into labour!

You've got to do a Live Birth Thread.

thanks vallinna . so now i have to work out whether i'm digesting food or feeling a moving baby? shock

Where are all the people this morning?
I'm fed up with cold callers trying to get money off me for advertising, when it's been the worst quarter on record for sales, and I'm still short about £700 for my quarter's rent which is due Friday (so means I should really be paying it today...)
I haven't even managed to make a payment on the credit card, either, and I'll have to use that to pay bills at the end of the month.
<sob sob>

nickelbabe Mon 20-Jun-11 12:46:46

(sorry, i'm doing self-indulgent too. please feel free to ignore)

vallinnapod Mon 20-Jun-11 13:02:09

Feels better thought doesn't it Nickel grin

nickelbabe Mon 20-Jun-11 13:06:55

yes, it really does grin

takethatlady Mon 20-Jun-11 13:33:08

Marking place smile Sorry about money woes nickel.

Doing a very very very bad job of doing any work.

nickelbabe Mon 20-Jun-11 14:35:11

me too! (the very bad job of doing work)
i've taken a whopping £6.99 today....

But i'm not MNing- i'm putting together the church magaizne.
(have got about 3 weeks to do it, and it might not even happen, cos there apparently needs to be yet another sub-committee setting up to "discuss" it .
I hate all this discussing stuff -nothing ever gets done because we all sepnd so much time discussing it. But you can't just do something without the discussion first, because that's Not Allowed)

Baby2b Mon 20-Jun-11 16:57:57

Intended to catch up on thread, but fell asleep blush.

I have finally managed to buy some gu desserts after being envious of everyone else having them. What to do with the jar when you don't need to wee in it?

Glad you made it to the third thread Coaf (adds popcorn to shopping list in preparation for live birth thread). I have just had this realisation over the last week or two that this is going to happen. Not helped by 'friendly' people telling me not long now and then sharing yet another scary labour story. Getting very good at answering in the right places without actually listening.

Val, Shocking service from fitness first. Not sure on the price comparison but I really liked Nuffield Health when I was in London. Excellent service and free health checks/ guest passes. I am starting a new pregnancy yoga class this week. Would have liked aqua natal, but can't find any within a reasonable distance.

Hope you had a busier afternoon nickel. Agreed on too much discussion being annoying. Some people have too much time on their hands and would prefer to 'discuss' a project to death. You have the pregnancy excuse of being bossy and making them get on with it.

nickelbabe Mon 20-Jun-11 17:06:06

grin I have had an email from the parish administrator telling me that the choir website is good and that the Benefice website needs to be like that. (i've been trying to tell them all that for months, but it's like they're blind when it comes to websites etc)

ConfessionsOfAnAchingFanjo Mon 20-Jun-11 17:33:03

Snap B2B I've also been asleep. Needs must and all.

Boo on the money front Nickel. You have my fullest sympathy (having had to borrow money for our house rent last week). DH's ESA FINALLY came through and I feel like I've been on a massive shopping bender. I've bought 2 toys for baby, some feeding bottles and 2 junior cutlery sets for DS. All of which were either on sale or had a discount code (though couldn't find the JojoMamanBebe %20 discount code hidden on their website, so had to settle for %15 off). Such a rebel!

Not so sure about me and a live labour thread in all honesty. <Looks to the next person...>

takethatlady Tue 21-Jun-11 07:26:19

<<looks right back at coaaf!>>

vallinnapod Tue 21-Jun-11 08:30:56

LOL ladies re: live birth thread. May possibly attempt it, come my time, but I am really hoping for a water birth so not sure I want to risk the iPhone grin

Feel in a much better mood today, two nights of 4 hours sleep clearly does nothing for me....<<mental note for after childbirth confused>> I wonder how long it will last for once I get to the office?! 5 weeks 4 days until mat leave wink

BrassicaBabe Tue 21-Jun-11 09:08:06

Morning lovelies.

PMSL for the coaaf/ttl stare out! grin

Had to sack an employee this morning (there's a thread in "Legal" about employees drinking vodka at work if you want a nose). It's a horrible thing to do. His wife has been poorly, he's stressed etc, and we really feel for him sad But we didn't put a bottle in his hand.

Yesterday I felt like I was going to pop at any moment. (35+4 now) But today I feel back to "I could go on like this for ages" hmm

I think I'm growing out of my maternity clothes shock If I'm not careful my tummy hangs out of the gap between tops and bottoms. At least the M&P stuff is made longer than the other stuff. Has anyone noticed the pesky washing instructions on M&P stuff though?! No tumble drying! WTF?!

Right, off to the vet for follow up appointment with pooch. He's doing much better, even if drugs and special food is going to cost a fortune. But at the end of the day I've had the dog longer than DH so the dog can have anything and everything he needs! grin

ConfessionsOfAnAchingFanjo Tue 21-Jun-11 10:20:36

<smiles sweetly at TTL. I could have been looking at BB><whistles>

BB I have the same problem with my clothes. And sadly the bit that sticks out is the unattractive saggy bit left over from DS's chocolate habit.

Baby2b Tue 21-Jun-11 10:30:49

Morning, glad to hear your pooch is on the mend Brassica. I have been having the same problem with gaping tops as my bump is all to the front. Find bump bands from new look help.

Did anyone watch one born every minute USA? shock Wish I hadn't watched. The US appears to like intervention!

Baby2b Tue 21-Jun-11 10:33:16

P.s. You might have already said this brassica? Are you likely to get booked in for a section and do they try to let you go to term? I don't know anyone who has had twins.

vallinnapod Tue 21-Jun-11 13:58:18

Well, I lasted until about 10am before the murderous thoughts appeared and at 11:45 I had to go to the loos for a cry confused shock Better now. Don't think people noticed but it does seem everyone is being nicer to me...oppsy. I do not want to be that weepy woman in the office.

Awh, fingers crossed for the pooch BB. I got all teary at the w/e at the thought of one of my cats (I have 3 at my mum's) dying and, errrr, they are all entirely healthy...blush You're right though, DH doesn't stand a chance in my affections grin

B2B I saw it! I was very shock too. I lady in my antenatal class last night though G&A wasn't used in the US! The MW suggested it was because of insurance therefore more costly drugs were 'pushed'?

nickelbabe Tue 21-Jun-11 14:08:18

I've been that weepy woman in the office many times, and I've never been pg before! grin

ConfessionsOfAnAchingFanjo Tue 21-Jun-11 14:30:58

There was a thread in pregnancy about 1born USA last week and it did seem to be the insurance culture making things different. Someone was saying that less women see MWs than here and other countries and also that as it's filmed in a hospital they would be showing more 'standard' hospital births over independent births (does that make sense? It's very condensed down). Can't say I'll be watching it personally, but then I can't watch the British one!

I'm still laughing inside at TTL saying she hates herself for misspelling something, because I know everything I type these days is full of typos! (and I don't much care anymore)

Baby2b Tue 21-Jun-11 14:33:57

Was most surprised that nearly all the women were put on drips and not allowed to eat or drink. Very different hmm

Glad a good cry in the loos helped. Same as nickel, I think most people have had a turn at being that person.

Oh, can anyone on here recommend a good baby monitor. I can feel myself being pulled towards the most expensive is the best and it's your Childs safety. Then again does it really need to be all singing and dancing?!

Baby2b Tue 21-Jun-11 14:40:23

Cross posted Coaf. I have never watched the British one. My nct lady said it is good to watch as long as you think this is not how labour should be.

I often make spelling mistakes, I blame the iPad, pregnancy and not proof reading. Would be more careful if I was posting on aibu!!grin

This thread is not accepting new messages.