Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Jue in June -Waters breaking everywhere and not a drop of Gaviscon to drink...

(996 Posts)
NurseSunshine Sun 12-Jun-11 22:17:53

Here's another smile

Joannezipan Sun 12-Jun-11 22:30:13

Wow we filled the last one in 2 weeks!

milliemuffin Sun 12-Jun-11 22:33:42

Found you! smile

BarbieLovesKen Sun 12-Jun-11 22:34:29

milliemuffin Sun 12-Jun-11 22:36:01

Barbie - not like you to be lost for words! grin

neenewps Sun 12-Jun-11 22:37:12

Marking my place grin

Thanks Nurse.

milliemuffin Sun 12-Jun-11 22:37:35

Anyone felt like they just need to continually wee! Everytime I get back in bed I feel like I need to go again!!

CitizenOscar Sun 12-Jun-11 22:49:42

Wow - I pop away from the thread for a day and loads of little babies get born and/or named! Congrats all smile

curiouselle Sun 12-Jun-11 22:52:44

marking my place - congratulations again to those who have made it!! anyone else's dh talking to their belly asking baby to hurry up grin

AlmightyCitrus Sun 12-Jun-11 23:31:52

Congratulations Knackered Quite a dramatic entrance! Hope Dexter is out of SCBU soon.

Well, I got to Tesco today, and managed to get as far as the bananas before I gave up and found a seat. DH and DD's got to the till with stuff for tea, chocolate eclairs and a few bits and bobs. Don't know how anyone will get fed this week. Think it's going to be takeaways and beans on toast!

sasamaxx Sun 12-Jun-11 23:42:13

subbing

Thornykate Sun 12-Jun-11 23:46:39

Thanks for the new thread! Marking place whilst suffering with v sore boobs....

AlmightyCitrus Mon 13-Jun-11 00:00:51

Anyone following Kara's birth thread?!
Hope everything is alright.

BarbieLovesKen Mon 13-Jun-11 00:15:19

I am almighty , hope alls ok, I had this (meconium) with ds and all was perfect - fingers crossed for the same here, just feel bad for her that she won't get the hb she wanted.

After trying to stick my fingers in my ears and ignore it all day (la la la la) as per the "focus on Tuesday and ignore all else plan" I will be heading to the hospital soon as I'm very much in labour smile contractions on and off all day (but was ignoring grin), every 20 mins from 7.30pm and now roughly every 6/7 mins (and I can't speak through them).

Fuck that one was bad.. Wish md luck p

Thornykate Mon 13-Jun-11 00:20:44

Yes hope everything goes ok for her it's such a shame she isn't getting the HB.

Hopefully all is well. 3 out of 4 of my babies pooed meconium but were fine, hopefully karas LO will be too.

Hope to see a post from someone soon saying all is well & LO arrived safe.

Thornykate Mon 13-Jun-11 00:22:08

barbie am so excited for you! Good luck xx

AlmightyCitrus Mon 13-Jun-11 01:08:12

Good luck to you too then Barbie smile

Puuushh!!

Merlion Mon 13-Jun-11 01:49:01

Congrats knackered hope Dexter out of scbu very soon. Another lovely name and good to see the boys finally starting to catch up.

Lol prisoner and kudos to you! I hadn't realized after pains got worse with subsequent laboura until mosp mentioned it they were definitely worse this time despite straightforward labour like yours.

Barbie go go go!

Off to check on kara's other thread.

Thorny hope the breast pain eases off soon.

mouffloncake Mon 13-Jun-11 04:42:54

Hi guys smile

I need to seriously catch up with everybody & see who's had what & when.

Summer will be 4weeks on Wednesday & I can't believe where time has gone.
I've got her onto 4hourly feeds. Was 3 up until just now. She's a really chilled baby, a bit too chilled - it's a nightmare keeping her awake during feeding. You wouldn't believe the things we do to try & wake her.

Anyway. Was just touching base & wanted to thank you all for being so supportive during the pregnancy & especially when my waters broke early!!

Xx

Joannezipan Mon 13-Jun-11 05:44:18

Morning (I think) everyone. Seems like my body has decided I got too much sleep yesterday so now I have to wake up at 5am today to even it out hmm. Oh well there is always tomorrow.

curiouselle me me! My DH has been doing that. "Hurry up now baby, Mummy is getting fed up. Time for you to come out!"

Congratulations Knackered - Dexter is a very cool name! Hope he is out of SCBU soon for cuddles.

Go Barbie - I think you little one was finally spurred into action by the treat of induction!

BarbieLovesKen Mon 13-Jun-11 06:28:40

Quick one girls - will post details later, healthy baby Kate arrived St 4.33am weighing 9lbs.5.5ounces. Am besotted!!!

misshoohaa Mon 13-Jun-11 07:20:01

Fantastic news barbie so pleased you finally got there!!

Lots of babies popping out, and I'm hoping I won't be too far behind. Contracting since about 3am this morning, a bit all over the place timewise still, anywhere from 5 to 15 minutes between them. I'm just praying they stick around and it's not one of these teasing labours that seem to be happening among the June group! I'm wondering if its worth trying to get some kip in whilst they are still quite far apart, although trying to stay active and upright so perhaps not....

Just had another good one, perhaps sleep Is not so possible! I'm willing my waters to break in the hope that might speed things up!

knackered76 Mon 13-Jun-11 07:46:56

Barbie Hoorayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy grin grin grin Fantastic news! Enjoy all your snuggles with baby Kate, you've waited long enough for them smile

Misshoohaa fx it is the start of the real thing for you. You could always bounce on a ball (if you have one) as a sort of resting/active compromise!?!

I was about to post my birth story but have just heard the pitter patter of elephant feet upstairs so my other dc's are now up and duty calls! Will quickly say we got to finally give Dexter a first cuddle last night which was lovely if not a bit loud with me setting off all the alarms blush! He's doing much better and will hopefully be out in a few days. Halle Yes, we're at Lister and they have been great so far. Luckily we're only 10mins away so visiting isn't a problem.

takethatlady Mon 13-Jun-11 08:03:17

barbie congratulations on baby Kate!!! You did it! Can't believe one minute it seems it'll never happen and the next I wake up and it has! I hope all went as well as it sounds and that you're enjoying your first day as her mummy smile.

Lovely news about Summer moufflon smile. Beautiful names on this thread - Kate has really grown on me through barbie's name threads and Summer is stunning. Glad things are going well smile Good news for you too knackered - great you can visit any time you like, are now getting cuddles (even if they're loud ones!) and that Dexter will be home soon.

misshooha fingers crossed!

Thanks for the advice last night ladies. I did ring the delivery unit, who told me they thought my hind waters had broken, to come in and get monitored, and that if they had they'd induce me today shock !!! Went in, spent four hours leaking into pads, having another scan, getting 2 speculums, etc, only to be told it's just normal discharge blush. It's been very watery and bright pink/bloody ever since, but I think that's the effect of the speculum - the last doctor rammed it in there a bit. Relieved though - as impatient as I am to have my LO I'm only 38+1 and I want her to stay in there until she's cooked! She's not back to back anymore and there's plenty of water around her, and her heartbeat was lovely and strong and variable. I was a bit embarrassed, and DH is knackered now though he's pretending he's fine (got home at 2am - he's just gone off to work and he was making basically no sense), but I'm glad I checked.

Anyway, enough about me and my boring discharge shock! On with the good stuff! Get going misshooha!

neenewps Mon 13-Jun-11 08:10:33

Congratulations barbie lovely to hear about Kates arrival.

Also congratulations to knackered on Dexters arrival. I'm glad you have managed to have a cuddle with him now and that his time spent in SBCU is short.

misshh exciting stuff to hear you could be on your way....

kara have been following your thread but just want to say I'm thinking of you here. Hope the waters being broken does the trick. Your wee one is just too comfy in there smile

9 days on the chalkboard today till my EDD (and 8RB) !!!! Much better mood today thank goodness. Even I was irritating myself!!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now