Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Summer, summer, summer PESH: Get in your birthing pools, it's going to be a hot one

(1001 Posts)
LadyGoneGaga Thu 26-May-11 20:01:49

BESH BAYBEES

dontrythisathome, girl born March 25.
Cheggers, twinz girlz, born April.
FannyPriceless, boy, born June 8.
CurlyCasper, girl, born June 24.
CUNextTuesday, boy, born June 29.
AlpinePony, boy, born 1 July.
Carrots, boy, born July.
IggyPiggy, girl, born July.
Cosmosis, boy, born Sept 5.
Backinthebox, boy, born Sept 7.
Skatergrrrl, girl, born Sept 10.
VAG, boy, born Oct 2.
Silversky, boy, born Nov 1.
SomethingSuitablyWitty, girl born Nov 2.
okiecokie, girl, born Nov 12.
Honeymoo, boy, born Nov 11.
ReginaMonologue, boy, born Nov 13.
Maswera, boy, born Dec 24.
PollyPoo, girl, born Jan 5.
MrsFC, boy, born Jan 7.
ChoChoSan, girl, born 6 Feb.
Ginhag, boy born 11 Feb.
Muser, girl, born 15 Feb.
CluckyKate, boy, born 18 Feb.
Perfect Dromedary, boy, born 23rd February.
Casserole, girl born 19th March
Medee, girl, born 26th March.
Scorpette, boy, born 21st May.
Rocketleaf, girl, born 23rd May.

UPDIFFED

Laurielou, the unmarried hussy with the "surprise" diff, due 31 May (ish).
TwinkleToes, supergluing her fanjo shut, due 20 June.
Orchid, hoping for a zen like child, due 1st July.
Ginfox, loving the new mega-boobs, due 12th July.
LadyGoneGaga, No, it's not fucking twins, due 24 July.
Ivegotmrbitey, appears to have eaten posh spice, due 27th July.
Macaroonmum, eating for 7, due Aug 6th.
Owlbooty, suddenly weeble-shaped, due 7th August.
Ocarina, there's a what in there?! due late August.
Mountie, too shy to shine, due Autumn.
Truffkin, growing a padawan, due 17th November.

Ginfox Thu 26-May-11 20:12:00

Nice one LadyG. Would've started one myself if I'd had any half-decent original ideas for a theme.

Thinking alfresco birthing pools might be just the thing for a July birth, assuming neighbours aren't easily frightened.

Ivegotmrbitey Thu 26-May-11 20:35:10

Fanks gaga! Also EEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep at the not list!

I have had a very productive afternoon shopping for my hospital bag but have resisted the temptation to pack it. Biteybach's bag is as you know packed and ready to go but really if I don't save some jobs for my mat leave I will be climbing the walls in seconds! I have bought a 100% cotton dressing gown in Primark for £7, it's very thin but I thought I am not going to want anything heavier <hopeful if deluded about British summer>. Am now considering dying it after the FDH smiled at my nipples through it. Still £7 is an absolute bargain in my opinion.

I also somehow spent £40 in Boots and have got nothing to show for it bar pads for various body parts and also the car seat. Given how much driving I am going to have to do in the last few weeks of work I needed the reassurance! Oh, and some sweet almond oil. The instruction in WTEWYE are quite hair raising though shock

I have cocked an ear in lozzers direction but have not heard any shouting or swearing so assume she is either having a lovely snooze or a lovely sneeze!

<waddles off in a purposeful manner clutching the oil>

Muser Thu 26-May-11 21:08:26

Hello new Fred!

laurielou Thu 26-May-11 21:13:55

Fuck. Bollocks. Damned t'interwebs.

Sorry, but can't be arsed to type post again. I'm still here, no sneezing or owt. Scoffing pineapple, curry, raspberry leaf tea, bouncing on ball & reflexology booked for tomorrow.

Apart from stoopid t'interwebs access, its all good in da hood!

Medee Thu 26-May-11 21:19:31

Hello new thread, particularly Lou!

rocketleaf Fri 27-May-11 05:17:35

Just popping in to say hi. Having a rather torrid time with massive BFing fuck up so not really been able to get on although have just wailed in BFing section.

I will try and catch up on last thread at some point, I hope all is well and will try and fill you in on shens chez Leaf soon as. Suffice to say Leafette is the most beautiful girl in the world bar NONE. It makes me weep to think of her. She was born with a little help from a syntocyn drip after she somehow turned OP right at the last minute and I got stuck at 5 cm. Not exactly the fluffy Hb i dreamed of (but at least we avoided further interventions) and the stay on in hossie afterwards was a shock as well. No epi or diamorphine either and i would put that down to a combo of hippobirthing techniques and grim determination. Do i get a DHB badge too?

lozzer all eyes on you now.

Medee Fri 27-May-11 07:26:36

Of course you get a badge, rocket. Big hugs on the BF, shall try to find your thread.

laurielou Fri 27-May-11 07:55:01

Rocket fab to see you here. Many, many congratulations to you! Sorry you've had a torrid time - I hope you can get some help on the BF front. Also sorry you didn't quite get the HB you planned, but that seems to be the way of the ESH I'm afraid. I'm prepared to end up giving birth in a layby on the way to the lovely MLU. However, you have given birth - you've done it!! - you're home, & as you say yourself, I'm sure Sprout is absolutely gorgeous. Not a bad day's work I reckon wink

Still no signs from me - cervix watch isn't going to be the most exciting Bank Holiday viewing I'm afraid. I have reflexology later, which I can't wait for. My poor swollen feet are so in need of a lovely long foot rub (though to be fair Mr Loz has been on daily duty for a while now). And amidst much swearing (from my dad) the cot has been assembled. Didn't have the heart to tell dad it won't be used immediately. He doesn't need to know that, right?

AlpinePony Fri 27-May-11 08:20:14

Welcome back rocket - fantastic to see you and yes, she's gorgeous! grin

AlpinePony Fri 27-May-11 08:20:45

Next time the list is done, please, please, please someone add Stiffy!

LadyGoneGaga Fri 27-May-11 08:37:06

Aw bollocks, I had a nagging feeling I was forgetting something. Had to do in emergency as we had run out of room. I remembered to put Mini-Cass b'day on and thought had cracked it. Apologies, Stiffy. We still luffs you.

Glad you're back Rocket - have left you a message on breastfeeding board. Sorry it's been tough - it usually is to begin with though. You're doing brilliantly so hopefully you can get some support today. and well done on what sounds like a tricky birth!

I think we need a weekend off all the laying excitement anyway, Loz. so don't feel under pressure! Bless your Dad putting the cot together - I bet he's really excited smile

Ivegotmrbitey Fri 27-May-11 08:55:28

Well done rocket and your post makes me weep, you and baby leaf sound smitten with each other! Hope you get the BFing sorted quickly and are able to join the panel of experts soon.

Enjoy your foot rub loz, bet it will feel AMAZING on your poor swollen tootsies.

I brought sexy back last night by getting into bed in support hose and a breathe right nasal strip. The result was the best nights sleep in weeks, no leg cramps and no waking by an angry and snored out FDH grin

owlbooty Fri 27-May-11 09:23:41

Hoorah for TinySaladLeaf grin Rocket you definitely deserve an extra large DHB badge.

<clasps Scorps to buzzwams> lovely to see you back missus.

Bites FFS stop freaking me out with your tales of packed bags. I ended up at the hossie yesterday due to Owlet not moving very much and whilst he was fine and dandy, the MW looked at the trace from the machine and said, 'hmm, those look like regular tightenings'. Now there's a sentence designed to make one crap one's pants. Thankfully they decided after about another half hour of monitoring that I was not in labour. But I now realise that a: this is actually going to happen at some point, b: I cannot assume he is going to turn up 2 weeks late like I thought he was going to and c: I HAVE NOT PACKED ANYTHING ANYWHERE.

I am going to go nuts in Ikea later and buy about 400 muslins. That's all I need, right?

owlbooty Fri 27-May-11 09:25:31

Ps. Why do baybees always make you look like a right pillock when you go in for monitoring saying you haven't felt them kick and then the first thing they do is try to kick the monitor right off making your whole stomach wibble? I'm sure they do it on purpose.

Cosmosis Fri 27-May-11 09:28:42

Rocket I have posted on bfing - am a peer supporter so will try to help if I can? I don't think I'm your fb friend but I will try and find you on there and message you if you want?

Ivegotmrbitey Fri 27-May-11 10:29:32

grin at owlie Sorry! I just can't help it! This is coming from the person who would frequently travel around the world with a suitcase full of wet washing (Don't judge me ski am not your ex boy friend wink )! I think it is because I teeter on the edge of utter chaos in the rest of my life I really need to be a control freak about this. If it makes you fel better I haven't got any muslins! Is it me or are they freakishly expensive?

Sorry you had such scary afternoon yesterday but impressed at owlet's ability to embarass you in utero!

AlpinePony Fri 27-May-11 11:14:56

bitey It must be where you buy them. YOu can get fancy coloured ones from baybee shops for $$$, but we got some from the local equivalent of Woolies - 6 for 4 euros or something. Personally I think they're overrated and wouldn't ever bother buying any again.

Cosmosis Fri 27-May-11 11:20:22

I think muslins depend on how possetty your baby is, we found them v helpful.

LadyGoneGaga Fri 27-May-11 11:39:42

Get them from ebay for cheap, Bitey. Just useful to shove one in change bag for any out and about mishaps. MiniG vomited A LOT as a newborn. Less so as he got older.

I have bought things to put in a hossie bag but not packed or anything.

Stupid buyer of house dragging her feet and now doesn't want to move til early July because she still hasn't given notice on her stupid flat. G'ah. Going to be birthing in the removals van sad . Have got solicitors on the case but could be very fucked. May have to get newborn clothes etc ready and nappies done BEFORE we move. Which just seems stupid.

Muser Fri 27-May-11 11:44:25

Gah to useless buyers LGG.

Muslins, I don't have a very possety baby but still find them useful. She had a habit in the beginning of popping off with a mouthful of milk, ready to drool over me. I stuffed them in my top at night as they were more effective than breastpads for catching leaks. We use one to dry her bum during nappy changes. I've used them as a sunshade for the pram, a blanket, and an emergency hat. I don't think I need as many as I have so I maybe wouldn't go out and buy loads at first.

They can also become useful comforters. My nephew loves his clothies, and they are much easier to replace than a favoured teddy!

rocket I hope you get everything sorted soon, it is tough in the early days. Have msged you on FB, I have some gel breastpad things that have never been used and I would happily post to you. Can be cooled for soothing big boobs or warmed for encouraging letdown. And they look tres amusing.

Ivegotmrbitey Fri 27-May-11 11:44:25

Actually they aren't that expensive in IKEA. I just saw them in boots yesterday and they were £££££ considering they are just thin bits of cloth. Didn't realise that boots were so expensive!

Have just ruined the FDHs bank holiday as our new windows arrived and got fitted this morning. We will now be mostly painting grin Our seals had gone and there was water running down between the panes of glass. It's so nice to look out of the window and see the real weather instead of torrential rain on a sunny day!

Ivegotmrbitey Fri 27-May-11 11:58:44

Refresh fail there, thanks gaga am on ebay now. Sorry about your useless buyer, how fucking annoying! Will you be moving far?

AlpinePony Fri 27-May-11 12:02:42

Bitey's seal has gone and there's water running down! shock

<bitey elbows laurie out the way>

LadyGoneGaga Fri 27-May-11 12:08:50

Only a mile up the road to the next village, Bitey. 4 bed house though rather than the 2 bed we're in now as we have no space currently. Buyer has been ok til now to be fair. Offered asking price, as yet hasn't tried to negotiate on finer parts of survey etc. But she doesn't seem to understand our urgency and that mid-June is a lot different to early July when you're in 3rd trimester!

This thread is not accepting new messages.