Talk

Advanced search

Day of Rec-koning: Nov 2011ers

(13 Posts)
Folicacid Wed 25-May-11 22:19:38

Thread for peeps to recommend anything they have come across in their experience that will make our new lives easier: products, advice, tips, hints, whatever....

...Please do pile in.

TerrysNo2 Thu 26-May-11 10:09:26

Hello all - well done for setting up this thread Folicacid

Weill get my thinking cap on for other bits but for now thought I would link this blog post I did about Best New Baby Buys which has some fantastic products on.

I look forward to hearing other peoples ideas too

Folicacid Thu 26-May-11 12:49:55

Well, I'm a total newbie but to those of you using disposables, I saw a big advert that said that LIDL Toujour nappies haad been voted No.1 by Mumsnet.

Folicacid Thu 26-May-11 12:58:28

Bumpandissacsmum says manuka honey has great antibacterial and septic properties but it gets lost in boiling water so just take it as a spoonful.

juststarting Thu 26-May-11 18:46:15

Just typed all this out on the november thread and realised it should now go here! Makes more sense as less of a random recommendation IN the thread!
Nappies - we use the nature babycare ones (which we can get at the sainsburys at the end of our street), especially after we gave up on reusables - I dont know HOW biodegradable they are in reality, but I am hoping they are better. They do cost a fair bit more, but I trust that they are better for the environment and they actually ended up seeming like the best compromise to me. Unless I was to own LOADS of cloth ones, enough to line dry winter and summer and still have some on the go! And, to be frank, I didnt fancy living in a sea of drying nappies for several years! Its a suprisingly complex issue though, the more I looked into it. Really not a very straightforward decision. But he has never had more than the fleeting early signs of nappy rash (but then, we cream that bum nearly every change). And he seemed to leak just as badly when we tried other brands.

cookie9 Thu 26-May-11 19:44:01

Been using the Kamillosan stretch Mark and c section souffle cream to try and avoid stretch marks. The cream does feel very rich and rubs in well. A bit early to tell how well it is working but will update as time goes on. Got mine from boots.

Also got very comfortable Bellybutton maternity trousers from Pretty Pregnant which are light denim with a stretchy belly ban and drawstring waist. Cost £75 but hope to get a lot of wear from them.

cookie9 Thu 26-May-11 19:53:53

Been using the Kamillosan stretch Mark and c section souffle cream to try and avoid stretch marks. The cream does feel very rich and rubs in well. A bit early to tell how well it is working but will update as time goes on. Got mine from boots.

Also got very comfortable Bellybutton maternity trousers from Pretty Pregnant which are light denim with a stretchy belly ban and drawstring waist. Cost £75 but hope to get a lot of wear from them.

cookie9 Tue 31-May-11 19:24:04

Latest good buy is wrap dress by Seraphine which is on sale for 19. got mine in teal which is a lovely shade and fits very well. Neckline not too low so can use it for work too. Easy to dress up with accessories when I have somewhere nice to go. Should be good for breastfeeding too. Best buy yet.

Folicacid Wed 01-Jun-11 13:01:52

Sounds good cookie will check out now!

cookie9 Wed 01-Jun-11 13:50:54

Folic acid you have to click on sale section as it doesn't appear in the dress one. Good luck.

BuffyFan Sat 04-Jun-11 15:54:27

Hi ladies!

Dorothy Perkins has 30% off online until tomorrow... Dorothy Perkins

alicat10 Mon 06-Jun-11 21:43:03

Terrys - I totally agree about the Baby Bjorn bouncy seat - DS loved his and was great as he had reflux - he was still using it at 18 months when DD came along. This baby will be the 5th to use it (I have lent it to a couple of friends) and it is still going strong. Love the sturdiness of it and they keep a good resale value on ebay

Folicacid Thu 21-Jul-11 19:44:22

http://www.buggysnuggle.com/

instead of trad cosy toes- must remember this!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now