Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

February 2012 Baby Bus!

(1007 Posts)
m1nn1em0u5e Wed 25-May-11 09:52:07

So who is due February 2012?....

Im due 1st February with baby number 3!....Already have 2 Sons, age 8 & 4....

Found out on Monday smile

EsmeWeatherwax Wed 25-May-11 12:20:04

Woohoo! We're off!

Also due 1st February, also baby no.3! I have two dd's though, aged 4 and 2. Roll on three under five! grinconfusedgrin

Anhel Wed 25-May-11 14:12:27

Me three! found out on sunday after 6 months of trying. No 2 for us and DS1 will be 2 in August.

I think due date with be 3rd Feb but mumsnet date thing says 28th Jan, have irregular cycle and was 10 days late with DS1 so think I'll stay with you feb people if thats ok!

Am concerned over having 2 to so hats off to you both on no. 3!!!

greenygrassy Wed 25-May-11 17:33:53

Yay! Me four! I'm end of Jan beginning of Feb too, so if it's alright with you I will hang out here, as the ladies on the Jan thread are mainly further along.

This will be no 1 for us, after many months of trying, and one miscarriage, so am feeling quite nervous. Hopefully I'll learn lots from you experienced ladies.

m1nn1em0u5e Thu 26-May-11 00:47:26

Hello again Esme!...Big congratulations Anhel & Greenygrassy smile

Such a rollercoaster of worry & excitement!....I had forgotten how it all feels! But fingers x for us all smile

Anhel, hats off....not so sure, i've done it the easy way maybe, both of my boys will be at school when this little one arrives, timed baby 2 to arrive just as my first little boy started school too!....Its going to be chaos! But in a lovely, crazy, happy way!....

Anhel Fri 27-May-11 12:18:59

Congrats so far everyone. Just had my dr appointment and she has given me a due date of 30th Jan which is also my DH's birthday. Also I am supposed to book myself into my choice of hospital which is new from last time!

Am finding it very hard not to tell anyone this time but DH is insistant he wants to wait unil the 12 week scan hmmmm not sure I'm going to be able to keep quiet that long!

Its very quiet here - but then it is very eary days for Feb babies!

Great timing m1nn1e - I'm the wrong side of 35 to be able to be so organised!

Hope everyone is feeling well.

Anhel Fri 27-May-11 12:20:00

PS: my keyboard is pants and keeps missing out letters!!! I can spell..... honestly!

m1nn1em0u5e Fri 27-May-11 19:04:40

Just realised that my boys are off for the next 2 weeks, I was planning on going to see my GP next week!....Oops!....I shall have to sort something out! My GP only lets you make an appointment on the morning of the day you want the appointment, so its pretty tricky organising child care!....

Im sure there will be lots more ladies joining us soon smile

Is anybody having any sickness yet? Im really tired & have got that metallic taste, but no sickness? Had hyperemesis with my 2 boys from really early....

Millie26 Fri 27-May-11 21:47:27

Hi! I'm due feb 7th smile Tested stupidly early so bit nervous it won't stick. Have got really severe boob pain...ouch!!

This is our first month of trying after we got married a month ago. Have DD1 who was 2 in March. Had her by c-sec, really want vb next time.

Congrats to all you ladies! smile

Xxx

m1nn1em0u5e Fri 27-May-11 22:56:50

Congratulations Millie26! smile

WanderingSheep Sat 28-May-11 08:24:14

Oh my goodness, shock I can't believe there's a Feb 2012 thread already!

Hope you don't mind me gatecrashing - I was on the Feb 2011 AN thread (now PN) and my DD2 is 3 months old. Where does the time go?

Anyway, just wanted to say congratulations to you all! Hope you have great pregnancies and all the best to the 2012 babies! grin

EsmeWeatherwax Sat 28-May-11 11:47:56

Hi, Anhel, Greenygrassy and Milly26 big congrats to all!

Thanks for the good wishes WanderingSheep!

I'm really enjoying this first few weeks I have to say, the lack of sickness is a wonderful thing, and I am not looking forard to it kicking in again...Like you minniemouse, I have been really tired, no metallic taste yet, but craving scrambled eggs like crazy, and I normally hate them! grin Even though dc3 is just a wee tiny blob just now, am already thinking its a boy, as I'm feeling so different to previous two pregnancies...just as long as its a sticky one, I don't care though!

belindarose Sat 28-May-11 21:56:09

Hi there all of you. I've been POASing since Monday and am finally convinced by a nice clear line today. Due date 1st Feb according to the calculator. Already have one DD of 21 months. At the moment I'm feeling terribly ambivalent about it all, despite actively TTC for a few months. Felt sick already today (quite bad morning sickness in last pregnancy) so have fished out my 'sea bands', which I highly recommend by the way.

When are you all contacting GP/ midwife? I've moved since last time and don't know what they do here. Guess I'll ring surgery on Tuesday and ask.

belindarose Sat 28-May-11 21:56:59

Congratulations everyone, by the way!

EsmeWeatherwax Sun 29-May-11 12:26:49

Hi belindarose congrats on your BFP, I was just reading your other thread. I've been to the doctors already, mostly because I was taking medication that I suspected I'd have to stop. Going to see the midwife a week on Monday. It's quite funny how ambivalent you can feel about a bfp. I was really bad with my second dd as well, mostly because I was so sick!

belindarose Sun 29-May-11 13:11:09

Thanks EsmeWeatherwax (great name. Love TP). I'm sure I'll begin to feel happier about it soon. At the moment it feels like a dreadful betrayal of DD. Silly hormones! Hoping not to be so sick this time as obviously will be harder with toddler about.

Millie26 Sun 29-May-11 15:07:39

Aw, so lovely to join everyone at the beginning, hope you are all having lovely weekends.

I've just popped on quickly to ask if anyone used a clearblue test, not the digital ones, to test? I got a faint bfp about 8dpo on Thursday so should be about 11dpo today. I tested this morning and another light positive came up straight away but about half an hour later is has disappeared.

I read on peeonastick.com that a positive should stay for 48 hours. I've got a funny feeling this isn't going to turn out well sad

Any thoughts? Xx

greenygrassy Mon 30-May-11 14:22:18

Hi ladies,

Congrats everyone! Kudos to the ladies who have one or two already. I don't know how you're doing it, as I'm shattered, and need lots of naps! No sickness yet, but I do have a huge craving for vinegar, and a really vinegary taste in my mouth. (Is this normal?)

Millie Did you poas today? I think a faint line 11 dpo is very normal and nothing to worry about at all, especially as it came up straight away. I had a super faint line at 12 dpo, and had great (according to doc) bhcg levels at 14 and 18 dpo. It is a bit odd that it disappeared, but don't worry, it's still super early.

I have a dating scan on 6th June, which is exciting and a bit nerve wracking.

Hope everyone's having a lovely bank holiday.

LankyLegs Tue 31-May-11 08:25:36

Knock knock... hi ladies is it ok to join?! Congratulations to you all on your bfps!

I got a bfp on Friday and have been peeing on sticks ever since waiting for the line to get stronger! This is our first and we have been trying for 19 months and were even saving up for IVF as we thought it just wouldn't happen naturally... and now we are in total shock as you can imagine....

I think my due date is Feb 5th but not been to GP or anything yet. Have you ladies got yourself to the GP as soon as you have found out or is it best to wait a week or 2?

Moofins Tue 31-May-11 09:17:54

Congrats LankyLegs, BelindaRose & Millie.

Anhel here with a name change!

I have already had my appointment with GP and that was a week after my bfp. I just said I'd had a positive test and she updated me with what you should and shouldnt eat/do these days, confirmed my due date and gave me my maternity exemption certificate (for prescriptions/dentists etc). Where I live we now book ourselves into the hospital so after the GP appointment I went online and did that straight away as I imagine they will be slow in giving my my first scan date!

I remember with DS I was suprised that they just take your word for it and remember the GP saying Congrats, writing something on my notes and then saying - "anything else?" and pretty much dismissing me after giving me a load of bumf to read! She didnt even give me the maternity exemption cert! I think she was pretty crap GP though!

We had a lovely bank holiday with DH's parents and brothers family but I completely got caught out not drinking. I thought I'd been clever as I was drinking watered down apple juice from a wine glass but completely forgot I was supposed to be pretending to drink wine and was letting DS drink from my wine glass to the shocked looks on everyone faces! lol! I had to confess I wasnt drinking wine and got lots of knowing looks....... looks like its going to be the worst kept secret already! oh well!

MrsHuxtable Tue 31-May-11 11:13:56

Hello Ladies,
just POAS, the Clearblue Digital one, 2 days before af is due, and it says PREGNANT 1-2 weeks!!!! So I guess that is a BFP.

I'm carefully excited as I don't want to jinx anything but I guess we're all at the same stage on here. My EDD is 11th of February.

AHhhh, I don't know what else to say at this point, I'm a little in shock...

Millie26 Tue 31-May-11 13:07:25

Hooray!! Oh wow so many congrats to go round!

I poas last night after a long car journey and drinking lots and lots of tea so wasn't expecting much but the line was fairly strong so I (tentatively) feel a lot better now.

Boobs are KILLING. Really hoping this one sticks.

For some reason I feel a bit embarrassed that we have just got married like when we tell people they will count back and go "ohhhh, a honeymoon baby" and I'll blush. Probably need to get over that!

LankyLegs so happy for you, you can spend that money on something else now! smile
And MrsHuxtable, know exactly how you feel - bet you can't stop staring at that little word...

moofins loving the attempt at not drinking! LOL

So far we have:

Moofins: 30th Jan - baby no 2
m1nn1em0u5e: 1st Feb - baby no 3
EsmeWeatherwax: 1st Feb - baby no 3
greenygrassy: 1st Feb - baby no 1
belindarose: 1st Feb - baby no 2
LankyLegs: 5th Feb - baby no 1
Millie26: 7th Feb - baby no 2
MrsHuxtable: 11th Feb - baby no ?

I've got a feeling this bus is going to be rammed!

Everyone have a good bank hols? xxx

LankyLegs Tue 31-May-11 17:12:30

Thanks for the list millie and also pleased the line came up stronger! I can't believe how much you can worry - have spent the last 19 months worrying abouy why we are not pregnant and now worrying about all sorts that I can't bring myself to actually get excited about it yet. Doesn't make sense!

MrsHuxtable congrats too! I have put off using the digital ones even though it's been 4 days since my missed period I still have awful visions of it coming up as 'not pregnant' so am going to wait a few days to make sure I am confident!

moofins thanks for the GP info. I have booked an appt for next Tuesday which will make me 5+2 and hopefully less in disbelief about it all. I think its actually saying the words 'I am pregnant' to someone other than DH is going to be a bit of a shock

Can you tell I am still in shock?!

LottyGreenThumbs Tue 31-May-11 17:47:52

Hello Ladies,

Congratulations on all your bfps! This my first ever post on MN, so feeling nervous...

DH and I have been TTC our first for 22 months. We had already started down the fertility treatment route, but not started any actual treatment yet. In fact, we had an appointment TODAY, when we were hoping to be referred for IUI.

Except, I POAS this morning and it was a VERY faint positive! The fertility unit did another test - another faint positive. They've taken bloods so will get confirmation tomorrow, hopefully.

I make my EDD 5th Feb -- but that sounds just crazy at the moment, because I can't believe this is all happening. I have a scan in a couple of weeks to make sure everything's where it should be, as I apparently have dodgy tubes.

Hope everyone else is doing ok x x x

m1nn1em0u5e Tue 31-May-11 20:09:43

WOW so many bfps! smile Congratulations ladies! smile What a busy bus!

This thread is not accepting new messages.