Talk

Advanced search

July 2011 - the final push!

(997 Posts)
buttonmoon78 Mon 23-May-11 21:26:40

I'm not going to do the stats as it took up so much of every page! Welcome, everyone!

Fab123 Mon 23-May-11 21:32:02

Oooh! It's like having fresh bedsheets!
Hello! smile

buttonmoon78 Mon 23-May-11 21:35:04

grin I've got them to look forward to tonight too!

DS came into bed with me during the night and being poorly was all sweaty - yuk. So it was def a day for fresh ones!

JimmyChoo17 Mon 23-May-11 22:15:09

Just marking my place smile

Supposed to be asleep but baby has definitely turned right round during aqua session today which was VERY uncomfy and is poking it's head in my ribs and kicking my bladder and I can't get comfortable and god knows what that is poking out at a right angle....looks like a hammer from outide but fairly sure there wasnt a hammer on the scan....Trying to work out what's what but just doesn't seem physically possible for baby to have limbs in the places I am guessing....

I now believe my MW when she said baby was head down before! Was the pack of peas tip for turning baby? I only have broccoli but will do anything to put the head back the other way! I can't lay flat on side as indigestion gets worse but can't lay propped up as there is a head imposing on my diaphragm......sorry to moan...but Tonight is going to be a long night.... !!

buttonmoon78 Mon 23-May-11 22:53:35

Welcome to my world Jimmy!

I'm meant to be in bed too, but I'm so excited! Just bought my nappies and they were such a bargain!

I'd been looking at motherease on ebay but they were getting v expensive, even used. Was bidding on some on Sunday but my internet connection went down. They went for over 100.

This evening I suddenly remembered Kiddicare, which is an ace website. They've got onelife (same as motherease but all the wraps are white - like I'm bothered!) kits for 90! 100 off. So I'm very pleased - on Wednesday, a nice big parcel of 16 nappies, 4 small, 3 medium and 3 large wraps plus a big rucksack for them all will be arriving so I can wash them all ready on the next sunny day. I'm going to have to boost that up to about 20 nappies and 5 wraps of each size (IIRC from last time I used washables - it is 11 years ago after all!) but that can be done at a later point.

Who'd have thought I'd get so very excited about what is essentially a container for crap grin

Goodnight all.

MissLolita Tue 24-May-11 07:59:12

Thanks button! A lovely new thread!! I've always said that if I won the lottery I would have someone come and put fresh, ironed sheets on my bed every night smile
I slept really well last night which was a refreshing change after so many sleepless ones worrying. I've woken up full of beans, ready to take on the world!! I think I might go and make a list of things to do over the bank holiday....

inbetweener Tue 24-May-11 11:27:24

Morning all,
Lovely new thread I see grin

jimmy ouch to the head in the ribs sounds very uncomfy. im not sure which my baby is I will be honest blush. At my 28 week appt ( which was bloody ages ago...mutter...mutter ) the MW said he was head down but I cant tell really and of course he may have moved. I mainly get thumps and bumps around my belly button and a sort of digging sensation down below. In fact last night it was really uncomfy.

button oooh nappies. now I have been meaning to do some proper research on reusuable nappies and have looked at quite a few sites online. Someone on another board mentioned Tiny nippers and I have had a look but the range seems quite small. i didnt know Kiddicare do them though. I was a disposable girl last time and cant really justify the cost or the terrible waste this time round so i really, really want to do resuables. Is there a good website you can recomend to get me started ? i havent a clue how many i need to start or anything really. I may have left this late granted lol

Well i am feeling better then yesterday today. I went to bed at ten after coming home from work and honestly doing nothing but lie on the sofa. blush
DH did everything from cook dinner, to wash up and put the girls to bed. I managed to sleep till 2am did a massive wee then went back to sleep till 7 !!! So i do feel vaguely human today. Although I am still so blocked up and the walk to work from the bus stop def kills my bump ! Baby is so active at the moment, really delivering some hefty kicks. Still, im not complaining about that !!

JimmyChoo17 Tue 24-May-11 12:31:21

Ooo Button Ive never seen someone that happy about poo holders no! Ha ha - Mind you...the dog gets pretty excited when I get a stash of his poop bags out ready for the evening walkies smile
Everyone loves a bargain tho. I cant say Im going down the reusable route (hangs head in ungreen shame and eyes empty purse!).

Well all I can say is I now know how to tell if baby is breech as for me its definite that he/she is that way up!! The head is popping out! Other than feet on bladder, I cant work out what is what tho. I am just unmcofy when Bubs is awake. I cant sit, I cant stand...I CAN do "Im a little teapot" actions which are much more comfortable.....looks odd tho in the open plan office...

Inbetweener when is your next appt? Cant believe how long yo have waited for next lot. I have another on Thursday this week with my new midwife....got used to one then she leaves!! I have my hospital tour next week which is supposed to be good.

JimmyChoo17 Tue 24-May-11 12:33:37

unmcofy? Uncomfy....which still isnt a word but you know what I mean..typing too quick whilst devouring lunch!

Nom nom nom

Mitchell81 Tue 24-May-11 12:56:16

Thanks button for the new thread.
Confuddled great to hear you are still keeping baby inside. At least now the risks are decreasing with every day.
I am still getting weekly scans because of fluid levels being low, but baby growing nicely. Wondering what size baby this will be as they are doing my section at 37 weeks, 3 weeks time eeeek!!!!!!!!
Previous DD was 10lbs4oz term +5, DS1 38+2 8lbs 12oz and DS2 39 weeks was 10lb 4ozs. So I have big babies but presuming this baby will be my smallest.
MissL great news, you must be so relieved

My Baby is definetley head down but get all my kicks below bellybutton.

Mitchell81 Tue 24-May-11 13:04:57

Oops forgot was going ask to third, forth timers. Do you have moments thinking omg what was I thinking. Don't get me wrong am so looking forward to our new arrival but also keep thinking how hard it might be. Previously it has always been fine and I have not found it too difficult. But thinking will this be more than I can handle. At least school holidays start on the 1st of July in Scotland so have those 6 weeks to get into a routine with the new baby and then ds1 starts primary 1. So will then have two children in school all day with ds2 going to nursery 2 and 1/2 hours a day. Hoping then things will get easier again. Sorry babbling but starting to panic slightly!!!!!

JimmyChoo17 Tue 24-May-11 13:06:07

Wowsers!! 10lb!! Id be gutted that most of my baby clothes are up to 9lbs smile

Are you a tall person? Want to say big but that sounds like Im saying fat but thats not what I mean! Am hoping that because I am so petite and so is hubby I am going to have something more manageable ha ha!! Yes yes I know I know.....totally naive and looking at birth with rose tinted glasses grin

Just bumped into a lady I spoke with at my aquanatal class yesterday - thats spooky how small a world it really is!

inbetweener Tue 24-May-11 13:18:27

Ouch to 10lb that sounds wince-worthy lol.

Im 5ft 6 and not very slim small and my DH is 6ft 2 and like a bean pole. I thought we would have quite big babies as we were both 9lbers when we were born but my dd1 was 7lb 3 and dd2 was 7lb12. I reckon this one might tip over the 8lb mark ? But who knows.

jimmy my next appt is my 36 week appt with MW !! Im sure you must have been the only one to not hear me whinge on about it lol. Its such a long gsp and is making me increasingly paranoid but there really isnt anything I can do about it. Im 31+5 now so it seems ages away sad

Mmmm just had the most yummy egg & cress sandwich from M&S for lunch at my desk. I could quite happily eat another. i will make do with the extra large bag of maltesers instead lol.

Fab123 Tue 24-May-11 13:33:12

I am worried about weight too - I'm 5'9 and ex 6'5.
MW said that because I am long baby prb would be too. She asked what shoe size I am (7) and then said "it's very rare that you can make a baby that doesn't fit". Apparently your shoe size is directly proportionate to you pelvis and it's ability to stretch <wince emoticon>. Have to say I've not looked at my feet/shoes in the same way since.

notnearlyasblondasiwas Tue 24-May-11 13:36:59

Hello everyone, just marking my spot and saying I am still here reading if not posting - not enough hours in the day to do everything. Am 33 weeks tomorrow and so ready to finish work as still doing full time - it sucks!

Saw the midwife yesterday only for the 3rd time in entire pregnancy - am having the same problem as last time, they can't work out which way round the baby is and am getting kicked and poked all over the place - midwife said it is because I am "SOOOO wide and SOOOOO tall" (makes me sound really attractive!) that the baby still has plenty of room to roam around in there - funny, but I don't feel like there is a lot of room at all!

I had japansese for lunch, as I missed breakfast as I had to go straight into a meeting - I fear I have eaten far too much and might have to have a nap at my desk in the sunshine (yeah right!) Only 12 working days left - yay!

inbetweener Tue 24-May-11 13:37:15

Blimey that might explain why my 2 popped out no stitches, no pain relief then ! DD2 was born IN her water bag, I delivered her and the bag. It was like having a calf lol and I have size 8 feet pmsl !!! wink

JimmyChoo17 Tue 24-May-11 13:37:45

Can you just book yourself in via reception? We book the routine ones with the MW but are free to book other ones for the days she is in via reception if we want? May vary from place to place. My Drs are useless at everything normally but have been pleased with frequency of appointments but not the amount of time with the actual MW!

Have just been wandering about with a big fat price tag on my big fatt butt.....and it was cheap.

Great.....!

notnearlyasblondasiwas Tue 24-May-11 13:42:24

Fab123 - I am 6'1 and wear a size 10/44 shoe, DD was only 9lb (say only as everyone was predicting a whopper as DH is 6'5) but she was 22 inches long when she was born - she had to go straight into one month baby grows but only filled the length! I suspect this one is going to be long one too!

JimmyChoo17 Tue 24-May-11 13:46:12

Mmmm Im a size 5 so there is hope...

Eeeewww all this birthing water bags talk so close to lunch ha ha!

Oh dear god Im having some baby bouncing on bladder moments and getting paranoid baby is going to bounce the contents out....keep having panic wee's...just in case! Off for another one now and to hold my shoe up to my pelvis smile

LadyGoneGaga Tue 24-May-11 13:47:59

Inbetweener thenappylady.com is a great website for reusables. You fill in a questionnaire and then they give you a persoanlised recommendation on what you need. I went with them last time and got everything they said and it saw me through from birth to potty training. There is loads of good info on there about cloth nappies too.

Sorry I haven't posted for ages eitehr. Been busy and been on hols for a couple of weeks. Back now and 31 weeks - just pulled mat leave forwards by a week as SPD playing up so finishing at 36 weeks now which is a month away sad. Would happily finish tomorrow but want the time afterwards.

Have no idea how big this baby will be. Last one was 8lb2oz and am 5'8''. Hopefully will be similar or slightly smaller. Don't want to go too much bigger as was hard enough getting him out!

Really pleased Confuddled is still pregnant! grin

Badgerwife Tue 24-May-11 14:03:24

Yeah to the new thread!

Notnearlyasblonde how have you only had 3 midwife appointments? If they'd managed to see you more often, maybe they'd be more familiar with where the baby is!

I've just got an email from the antenatal class leader saying we need to bring a baby-sized doll to our next class tomorrow as we're doing breastfeeding. I don't have any baby-sized dolls, why would I?! I do have a stuffed frog though, I fear it will have to do; I'm going to look real classy walking in with a giant green blob...

buttonmoon78 Tue 24-May-11 14:19:10

grin at Badgerwife!

Mine have ranged from 8lb15, through 7lb11.5 to 7lb. So this one is bucking the trend I'd say. Apparently the Royal College of Obs & Gobs officially state that shoe size has nowt to do with pelvic size or how big your baby will be. I know a lot of professionals put a lot of store by the dad's head size though. After all, it's the head that causes the problems usually! My friend had a 10lber but as he was all long and skinny with a small head he was no problem at all. Thankfully dh has a small head grin

Inbetweener - I was going to mention the nappy lady too. Last time I used them I had 2 doz. but I never ever ran out. So I've got 16 now and am planning to increase to around 20-22. You could also post on the nappy topic in products on here. They've been v helpful to me.

Am feeling v uncomfortable today. This shoulder under the ribs thing is getting a bit silly! I think he's getting less space to move about as the kicks down below have got less in their intensity (but just as frequent) but am convinced it's still in the same place. You can feel the back/head demarcation quite clearly. Ho hum. 31wks on Friday. Only another 7 to go!

Eglu Tue 24-May-11 14:27:21

Just marking my place on the shiny new thread. Need to take DS" to the Dr as he has been blinking a lot. I've also booked him to see an optician as I didn't know who I needed really.

Scottygirl10 Tue 24-May-11 14:27:39

Lol at the stuffed frog...smile x

confuddledDOTcom Tue 24-May-11 15:00:48

Just come to wee on the thread. wink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now