Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Due August 2011, third and final trimester here we come!!!!

(954 Posts)
KLou111 Thu 12-May-11 12:22:43

Oooooo ladies, an exciting time for us all either already here or speedily arriving.
Can't believe how quick it's all going.
Bubbas will be here in no time!!!! grin

alibaba76 Thu 12-May-11 12:31:58

I will be 27 weeks (and 3rd trimester) on Sunday :D

aStarInStrangeways Thu 12-May-11 12:47:47

I am 28 weeks this week smile

Bit annoyed as after being told my GTT result was the high side of normal, I've now received a letter saying that I do have gestational diabetes. Got to see the dietician and a/n team at the hospital later this month. Deep joy. Has anyone been through this already who can tell me what to expect?

KLou111 Thu 12-May-11 13:01:43

Not been through it astar, sorry. Bloody annoying for you!!!!

SelinaDoula Thu 12-May-11 13:09:21

I am 29 weeks today! Its going so fast now!

CappuccinoCarrie Thu 12-May-11 14:29:46

Hello new thread!

Whoever had the sore throat - I take calpol!! Great way of getting paracetamol in and it soothes your throat on the way down. I keep the age 6+ sachets in my bedside table.

MrsS what a relief, sounds like a good move to have scans at the better hospital too.

Just seen that babykind have got discounts for real nappy week (ending 22nd May)

26 weeks today, properly 6 months! Really don't know where the last month has gone confused

LifeOfKate Thu 12-May-11 14:44:18

Marking my place. I have only had time to read all the messages but not to reply to them, the thread has moved so fast in the past week! Will be back grin

KTisPG Thu 12-May-11 15:49:23

I'm only 24 + 5 (although 25 + 5 by MW dates, but I know I'm right cos I know the exact date we dtd blush) but you're not leaving me behind grin

KLou111 Thu 12-May-11 15:58:40

I'm the same KT with regards scan dates vs when I think we're due. I think I'm due later than they said, but officially from them am 27weeks smile

alibaba76 Thu 12-May-11 16:02:50

KTisPG although I'm 26+4, that's the scan due date, but I am really only 25+5 because I also know the date we dtd (well within 2 days) lol.
And I have to add i've not dtd since!!!!!!!!!!!!! Poor DH!

KLou111 Thu 12-May-11 16:05:50

OMG ali what????? Sod DH's, I couldn't cope that long!!!

Firawla Thu 12-May-11 16:07:36

aStar i am in the same position my results was borderline so they just treat it as though its come up positive for diabetes it seems, so got to have consultant care check the blood sugars and all that
annoying isnt it

yay @ us all coming up to 3rd trimester, atleast not too long to go now! although saying that, i don't feel organised for mine anyway i need bit more time. we have got notice through today so definitely will have to move before baby is born, i dont know if he has actually sold or just thought as its on the market might aswel not continue the tenancy. so still trying to look, everything is sooo expensive though so quite depressing. but would be nice if we find somewhere and finally move, as seeing everyone mention like buying cots and getting ready, i feel so unprepared and we cant really do nething while we still live here

and mrsS i saw on the last thread your apt went well for your babies and they are doing well, good news that must b a relief

Yukana Thu 12-May-11 16:16:50

Hello everyone! 27+1 here, very excited. I was worried about LO as she hadn't kicked much the last couple of days (then again my placenta is anterior) but she's been kicking lots most of today so it's really put me at ease.

My hips have been hurting a bit today and I keep getting warning signs that my buttocks are going to have a painful muscle spasm again, so I'm taking it easy. blush

Not long now, the final stretch!

alibaba76 Thu 12-May-11 16:33:39

KLou well I had a miscarriage before which started after dtd, so I wasn't risking anything this time and tbh I've just not felt like it. Everyone's different!

Annie456 Thu 12-May-11 16:44:35

Ooops I thought i'd marked my place but actually just ended up having a moan on the other thread about being left behind! anyway, i'm sneaking in behind KT* and *KLou at 24+5 (although based on the dates we dtd i'm only 24 weeks exactly - and will try to bear that in mind when I go officially overdue smile)

3rd trimester seems a long way away...sigh!

Teladi Thu 12-May-11 16:50:35

Annie I'm only 24+4... 3rd trimester is still a way away for me too! Feeling a bit behind!

aStarInStrangeways Thu 12-May-11 17:27:31

Firawla what a massive pain in the arse, having to move sad not to mention the GD. Re. getting ready though, I expect that with two little ones already you don't need to get too much grin I am the same, have done nothing whatsoever towards getting prepared for her arrival (apart from talk to DS about his new baby sister). We have most of what we need (cot, car sear, high chair, pram, baby toys coming out of our ears) and just bits and pieces like lovely soft new vests and sleepsuits to get, so I kind of feel like it can wait till the very last moment some unspecified point in the future.

Anu3 Thu 12-May-11 17:46:31

Wohoo! New post smile Im 27+5 today so third trimester here i come!!

MrsS Good news from you and glad that the little pods are doing well smile

Klou Thanks for the website for the Jane Slalom travel system - But I need to actually go a check that it will fit into my car (which is not very big) before i buy it. Guess the offer will run out by then. But Im glad atleast ive narrowed down to 3 to choose from!

I had a terrible cramp in my calf last night that has be waking up in horrible pain and i was literally screming! I didnt let DH stretch my leg straight and kept holding it curled down (BIG MISTAKE!!!) The cramp lasted longer cause of that and only when DH took charge by forcing my leg to straigten out that it subsided and went away - But OMG it was so bad that im still sore today sad For once i have to admit DH was right and I should have listened to him when he said "Straighten your leg, heel first, and gently flex your toes back toward your shins. It might hurt at first, but it will ease the spasm and the pain will gradually go away" blush

KLou111 Thu 12-May-11 17:57:54

Anu the offer for the pram is 7 days after they approve the price match so as long as didyland (or wherever is doing the same one) are cheaper than preciouslittleone when you do to buy it, they will price match whenever you go to buy it smile Apparently it compacts quite small, but I've not seen it in real life to play with (only one around town)
Sorry about your cramp, sounds awful! I hate cramp so am not looking forward to regular spasms!!

Ali sorry about your loss, didn't mean to cause offence if I did x

MrsVidic Thu 12-May-11 18:05:10

Woo hoo 3rd thread/ trimester. Only 12 weeks to go illegedly!

davidtennantsmistress Thu 12-May-11 18:09:05

YAY! place marking until later on, Annie i'm only 25+2 (but 24+4 by my dates thou which I know are 100% right)

KLou111 Thu 12-May-11 18:28:05

Got a bit of a hmm
I am stuck in the Midlands (from Wales) at the mo, first pregnancy, and meant to be having my 28 week appt next Thurs.
Have had to cancel til the following Thurs (29 weeks) as won't be back til the that Monday. Anyway, looks like I'll still be here that following week and not back til the following Monday, where I will be 30 weeks that Thursday. Am really really worried as am meant to be having anaemia blood test, and AN check at 28 weeks, then another AN appt at 31 weeks.
Can I see a local MW here do you think???
Sorry if I've confused you!!

JenniL1977 Thu 12-May-11 18:41:04

Whoop! Third trimester.
I'm not ready!!!

Just booking my place, hope you're all good out there smile

MrsStevo Thu 12-May-11 18:57:03

ali - I'm so glad you said that you haven't dtd since ..... me neither!!! We were basically told advised not to because I'm already at high risk of prem labour. Don't know about you ... but it has been a very frustrating 6 months for me (nevermind DH!)!!!

I am only 25 + 2 so all this 'third trimester' malarky seems an absurdly long way off ... but I can't WAIT to get there! It will really feel like the home stretch. I also can't wait for people to start announcing that they've HAD their baby / babies .... I wonder who will pop first?!

aStarInStrangeways Thu 12-May-11 19:10:33

MrsS surely there are, er, other ways of enjoying some mutual pleasure? Or are they concerned about orgasms triggering contractions - I know they can set off Braxton Hicks.

Do feel free not to answer if you feel this would be an overshare grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now