It's May 2011 and the waiting is over!

(635 Posts)
Loopymumsy Fri 29-Apr-11 07:32:25

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Rollercoasteryears Fri 29-Apr-11 07:48:49

Bookmarking (and thanks loopy)

runningmonkey Fri 29-Apr-11 08:18:31

Thanks loopy!

Found out this morning my good friend due 3 weeks after me is in the delivery suite as we speak. Obviously am hoping all goes ok for her but am insanely envy and upset that it's not me hmm especially after really thinking sonething was starting last night. someone please tell me to stop being an idiot.

pistachio Fri 29-Apr-11 08:21:34

juneau Fri 29-Apr-11 08:30:42

I saw my MW yesterday and am now booked into the birthing centre, which makes it all seem very real and imminent. Have final meeting with doula this weekend and we're doing a practice run to the hospital too. Still haven't packed my hospital bag, but I really feel like my abdomen is 'full' at this point. I'm having to sit up really straight, otherwise baby wriggles and I can't breathe!

Kyuri Fri 29-Apr-11 08:39:05

Hello

Quick highjack of post to say hello to Loopymumsy and v belated congrats. You might remember me from the Nov 2010 antenatal thread? Anyhoo delighted to see you on a new one and very best of luck with bambino number 4!!

PS baby boy born at home on 1st Nov, life is a blur but great fun and that's only with one

Best of luck to all you other blooming ladies xx

Bonkerz Fri 29-Apr-11 09:36:05

hoorah new thread! MAY the popping begin........ah it already has! LOL

crap night here. niggles and pains and D&V.
Will be mostly spending today avoiding anything to do with royal wedding, just doesnt interest me! If i could have alcohol to help with the celebrations i expect i would feel differently but seeing as i cant then i will avoid lol
am out to cinema tonight to see INSIDIOUS with a good friend so am looking forward to that.

jbells Fri 29-Apr-11 09:54:43

Bookmarkibg smile

brillopads Fri 29-Apr-11 10:06:52

Bookmarking new thread
Here we have a lot of excitement today- the nearby 'dog friendly' pub has used the Royal Wedding as an excuse to organise a dog show! Our entry had her shower last night so she's not all frizzy today

bonkerz aww, last night we were going to watch "Inception" on DVD & have (vegetarian!) hot dogs but DH was working - marking essays - and in the end it just got a bit late sad

Yorkstar Fri 29-Apr-11 11:45:10

Hi and congratulations to the lovely new arrivals.

We too are pleased to announce the safe arrival of our little girl on Wed 27th right on her due date! Again another quick delivery here - i went from 6cm to pushing her out in an hour. She is breast feeding very well and i think my milk is just coming in which is a little uncomfortable will post a full update later but on the whole a much lovelier birth than with ds.

Good luck to all those due in the next few days smile

jbells Fri 29-Apr-11 12:00:37

Congratulations yorkstar smile

Cant blieve how many babied hav cum in past few days

Rollercoasteryears Fri 29-Apr-11 12:26:10

Congratulations Yorkstar - sounds like a good birth smile

Although am v envy of all these people popping before me (*Yorkstar* is allowed however, as she was first on the list!) as I'm only second on the list of stats and yet seem to be holding on...

Bonkerz hope you feel better soon and you get to have a rest at some point today before your evening out. I watched the start of the wedding against my better judgment but got bored halfway through and went and had a shower instead... Am contemplating taking DS to a local community party thing, simply because we've got no plans and it's got various things which he'd probably enjoy (trains, a trampoline etc) but really not sure I can handle the inevitable bunting and silly hats!

Loopymumsy Fri 29-Apr-11 12:42:00

runningmonkey Fri 29-Apr-11 13:04:23

Congrats yorkstar!

cowboylover Fri 29-Apr-11 13:29:32

Congratulations Yorkstar and so exciting for a birth on the due date! I look forwardto hearing the story when you can.

Running Exciting for your friend but I understand your envy It will be you soon!

My friend is due on the 11th and I am the 15th in the same hospital so I have been warned not to get there before her. Maybe we will be on the ward together? Be more fun then, we have really limited visiting hours at our hospital with partners only 2 x 2 hour visiting slots a day.

Bonkerz I hope you enjoy your film, love the cinema but think I fidget to much now!

Loopy I am glad your DD's are enjoying the wedding. Its so nice to see them smiling so much as a new married couple, they really look like they are having a fantastic day. On the balcony now and you can see the flowers shaking in her hand!

I had a really vivid dream about the baby and birth so I am waiting to see if it comes true as it was so real; It was a Saturday and she had lots of hair and weighed 4.4kg and I dont know kg so when I woke up I looked at what that is and its 9lb 7oz confused

What to do for the rest of the day now?

Justtrying Fri 29-Apr-11 13:38:16

Congrats to all the new arrivals, can't believe may is almost here along with our babies. I'm 37 weeks to day and can't wait to meet LO, DH wants her to stay put a while as he's currently painting her room. Hopefully be done by the end of next weekend.

Bonkerz Fri 29-Apr-11 15:12:14

wow more babies! hoorah!!!!

have done nothing all day. back ache is constant so think baby is laid awkward.
Had an emotional outburst earlier. Have booked tickets for tonight to go out with friend who i havent seen for a good few weeks as she was finishing off her studies (4 year BA hons) tonight was our last chance to catch up. She rang and said she had to cancel.....first thought was somethings wrong but she just said her partner (who is a twat anyway) had asked her to stay in (he goes to work at 10pm!) so i pointed out i had bought the tickets already but she said he wasnt happy about her going out and so i just said ok then i may see you after ive had the baby and she said he said he can go out on 10th May.........she is supposed to be one of my best friends and i have spoken to her on phone lots recently so she knew when i was having baby so was really angry that she hadnt twigged that baby is being born that day. I ended up just saying see you end of June and put phone down in tears.

Luckily my sister has stepped in so im still going out but im so disappointed in my friend. :0(

BizzeeBee Fri 29-Apr-11 15:27:10

Congratulations Yorkstar. smile

I'm officially bored of wedding coverage so going to have a nap now. smile

pissovski Fri 29-Apr-11 17:28:58

Congrats Qwerty, stegasorus and yorkstar smile lovely news all round

Had a look at your pics jbells and think I do recognise you smile Your dd is gorgeous! We were the ones Mike called 'The Teachers' (well some of us are!)

Bonkerz sad about your friend and her twunty 'd'h

Have had a nice day with DH (avoiding watching 'the wedding'). I have practised putting the pram up and down and we have put the bouncy chair together - just need to try out the carseat.

jbells Fri 29-Apr-11 19:27:21

Pissovski. Oh i know which group u did the quiz in not sure which one u r tho guess it was mainky the men who came the bar lol. Dd is gorg im all emotional that she wont hav my undivided attention anymore

bonkers. That sucks about your friend im guessing she doesnt hav friends one of my best friends has bin a bit like that lately i think they just dont understand the magnitude of wots happening sad

sesamesmith Fri 29-Apr-11 21:58:43

I can't believe that at 38 + 1 there could still be 4 weeks to go! All encouraging comments most welcome right now! Back/sides/everything agony, painful kicks in ribs etc, but no sign of him making an appearance. Nice to have an excuse to 'stop' though, yet still end up doing allotment and organising the nursery...

Congratulations to all you poppers - I think the tempo is going to increase like popcorn!

cowboylover Sat 30-Apr-11 01:15:03

Bonkerz that's really crap about your friend! Hope you had a nice time anyway. One of mine recently asked me not to mention her Facebook or comment as her DP doesn't really like me and she finds it easier to say she's out with someone else! Well after that I would rather not bother!

sesame I know what you mean, the time has gone so far but I can't believe it could still be as long as a month away, or if that's a good or bad thing hmm

Can't believe how regular the babies movements are so I am currently kept awake by crazy hour which starts at 1am every night with lots of kicks, tight bump and stretching.
Does mean I can catch up on American idol though, does anyone else watch it? Can't believe the difference in quality and variety compared to the UK comparisons!

Loopymumsy Sat 30-Apr-11 07:52:32

Rollercoasteryears Sat 30-Apr-11 08:03:56

bonkerz that's v crap of your friend, but her DP sounds like an unpleasant piece of work to me - hopefully she'll wake up and realise she's with an arse soon...

I had a good night's sleep last night for the first time in a while and have woken up feeling quite perky. DS chose last night to sleep through until 7 too, which is great for him (he's recently been waking up before 6 and also having nightmares involving him shouting random things like "no daddy, I want to walk backwards" in the middle of the night smile )

Re the time left, I've gone from spending the last two weeks expecting baby daily to believing I'm going to be pregnant forever and she's never coming out - this just feels like a permanent state of affairs now...

JBrd Sat 30-Apr-11 08:10:03

Loopy - I'll join you with the sleepless night - or rather short night I should say.
Woke up at 5am because my hips were hurting so much. Managed to go back to sleep until 6.30am, but then couldn't stand it anymore and had to get up. I just can't get comfortable anymore, argh! I've now also developed carpal tunnel syndrome in my right arm/hand, yay... So lying down is nice for my feet and back, but bad for my hips and hand, and moving about helps that, but make my back sore and my feet and ankles swell up. I'm really at the point now where I'm thinking, come on, baby, I won't mind if you show up a few days early grin. I really really don't fancy another 3 weeks like this! Plus, the first emails asking if anything is happening have started to arrive, ugh.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now