Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

December 2011 - time for the first look at our Christmas pressies!

(963 Posts)
StrawberriesAndScream Fri 22-Apr-11 20:16:07

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Liska Fri 22-Apr-11 20:20:59

Yay! Was worried I wouldn't find it! Thanks Strawberries. Can I ask those others (*Darcies*? lola?) due late in December if the symptoms are taking hold? I'm a bit freaked out that I started preg symptoms almost a week before my period was due... My Doc seems to think that's a good sign (she cheered when she heard I'd finally cracked it, bless her), but I'm worried about dates and stuff. Sod that, I'm actually just worried about everything. Also I have to keep reminding myself that my swollen belly is not baby, just pasta and souvlakia and hot cross buns.

zambooloo Fri 22-Apr-11 20:26:41

fairybayleaf - congratulations! I'm a teacher too and not sure how going back next week is going to work. I am so tired, almost fell asleep at 7.30! Also having extreme flatulence, bloating and general ladylike symptoms! Lovely!! Also going to the beach tomorrow so a bit worried about the lack of toilets!
Also can anyone help me work this out, being completely silly... my due date is 19th Dec but I worked out that I was 6 weeks pregnant, looking at other threads is this not right? Am I counting something wrong? Thanks xx

zambooloo Fri 22-Apr-11 20:29:09

Liska - I'm due 19th Dec and already having symptoms - see last post! I'm worried about everything too but my OH keeps telling me it is important to be positive so I'm trying not to worry. However... I do worry when I'm not having symptoms and then also when I am so bit tricky really!!

Liska Fri 22-Apr-11 20:37:25

zambooloo your counting seems okay to me depending on the day - I'm due on the 26th, and I'll be 5 weeks on Monday. You just take the first day of your last period and count from there.

If you're going to the beach, can you pee in the sea? Or are you going every ten minutes? Maybe just find a bit of beach near a nice cafe?

This is my second pg and it's just v different already. I had nausea and tiredeness straight away, when last time I didn't get them till about 6 weeks, but I'm not weeing all the time like last time either. I suppose it's always different. I'm worried because we've been TTC for so long, and because I'll be 45 in December, so my risks are all higher. But you're right - gotta stay positive, and be happy. I keep thinking about how happy DD will be when we tell her (which won't be for a loooooong time yet).

Liska Fri 22-Apr-11 20:38:05

p.s. goodnight. I can't stay awake any longer.

BlueCrane Fri 22-Apr-11 20:51:11

Hello...just saving my place on this nice shiny new thread! Roll on hearing from the MW and getting my booking in appointment...supposed to be able to hear the heartbeat when i got for this which will be super exciting...but the scan's the main thing and I want to know what date I'm working too!! Also so that we can plan when we're telling family etc!

BlueCrane Fri 22-Apr-11 20:53:14

PS boobs v sore...think I'm gonna have to invest in some non-wired bras but all mat bras are sooo expensive sad Am I right in thinking that they'll probably grow again so that I'll have to get some more before December in the next next size up?!? This is going to get expensive (and more uncomfortable!!)

LondonGirly Fri 22-Apr-11 21:05:54

Hello all,

Wow - haven't really kept up with the thread now for a couple of weeks, I've been enjoying the time off school - with the exception of ms and tiredness! Like some of the other teachers, I am worried about going back on Tuesday, but at least it isn't too long until half term and hopefully the end of the ms!

Bluecrane - I ended up getting maternity bras from mothercare and sleep bras. I am already up to an E cup and really concerned about where I am going to end up!

Think I am finally getting to grips with what works for me with controlling the morning sickness - celery sticks and carrots are my new carry around snack - I really can't eat too many more biscuits.

3 1/2 weeks until our first scan and then the appointment with the midwife the day afterwards - seems a little odd to me but the hospital tells me it is perfectly normal!

Hope you are all having lovely weekends

DarciesmumandBump2 Fri 22-Apr-11 21:12:16

Woohoo I've found it.

Liska I got symptoms 4days before AF was due, seemed to ease except my pregnancy irritability according to DP lol.

My mum said she noticed my swollen tummy in the week and suspected and we confirmed her suspicions today. My dad is really excited bless him.

Not long till we see the MW 5 days

plupedantic Fri 22-Apr-11 21:32:24

Hi, all, just checking in on the new thread. Strawberries, thanks for starting it.

I'm about 7 weeks, and my period-type symptoms (cramps) seem to have gone, if that's of any help, schedule-wise, to anyone.

Off to bed soon, as I can't be bothered to go downstairs and make conversation after having put DS to bed (and having MNed for... erm... a while). Naughty me, but what the hell. Easter will come along soon, and wash away various sins... wink

BlueCrane Fri 22-Apr-11 21:34:10

smile just found mat bras reduced on Mothercare website...let's see if I can manage until I can pick them up next Friday!! london I'll be 32DD so hoping not to go up to E or F as will just get so uncomfortable I fear!! Hadn't really thought about this part of being pregnant before! Glad you've found a way of controlling the sickness.

xstitch Fri 22-Apr-11 22:31:52

Signing into new thread.

ThunderboltKid Fri 22-Apr-11 23:22:16

Just marking my place...

<wonders if gets a prize for having thread title chosen?> grin

DarciesmumandBump2 Sat 23-Apr-11 06:23:20

Blue I think I'll be needing new bras soon so thanks for letting us know about mothercare sale. Wore a dress with no bra yesterday and it was lovely which I knew meant my current bras are now to small as they were starting to hurt

StrawberriesAndScream Sat 23-Apr-11 06:51:37

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

DarciesmumandBump2 Sat 23-Apr-11 06:57:57

My mum kept asking if I was alright when I was round there so didn't ask out right just waited for us to say

Iggly Sat 23-Apr-11 07:11:35

Oh new thread! I've been off the thread for a while and then realised I'd fallen so far behind, I couldn't keep up! But saw this in active convos so popping in to mark spot.

I'm 8 weeks now, symptoms are more sickness and nausea plus off sweet stuff still. Docs appointment for week after next - couldn't get one sooner with the bank hols! I'm not too worried about getting a scan with little notice as they seem to be able to fit people in easily I found last time.

Hope everyone is enjoying the sunshine. I'm off on holiday tomorrow so that'll be nice grin

DarciesmumandBump2 Sat 23-Apr-11 08:21:36

Iggly are you off anywhere nice?

pixie04 Sat 23-Apr-11 09:05:42

Morning all,

Had a shitty night, went to see a film last night and about half an hour before the end started getting very bad period pain in the pelvic region and down my legs, called the out of hours doctor and got told to take paracetamol and call when I start bleeding (thanks Dr man) The pain seemed to stop over night but is now starting to work it's was back with on off chest stitches feel really tearful. I'm hoping this is just strong growing pains but of course am fearing the worst. I'm between 5 and 6 weeks pregnant, I've had three previous pregnancies but never reached 6 weeks. ;( starting to feel quiet worried now.

Going to call Dr again I think.

DarciesmumandBump2 Sat 23-Apr-11 09:14:36

Pixie aww no. Hope everything is ok let us know

Iggly Sat 23-Apr-11 09:17:36

Oh Pixie, that's awful. Fingers crossed for you.

Darcie, going to a little village near south downs for a week. Not far from Brighton. Should be lovely!

DarciesmumandBump2 Sat 23-Apr-11 09:20:20

Ahh enjoy, the weather on the south coast is gorgeous at the moment grin

pixie04 Sat 23-Apr-11 09:34:58

Just been reading the thread on annoying things people say to you while you're pregnant to cheer myself up while I'm wait for Dr to call me back. Fingers crossed it's all growing pains mixed with anxiety.

FairyBayleaf Sat 23-Apr-11 09:53:31

Just signing into new thread
Generally feeling happier today - taken some advice on the nausea which has helped greatly - thanks heaps!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: