Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Mums-to-be in Somerset?

(29 Posts)
Yukana Fri 07-Jan-11 12:48:23

I'm actually in North Somerset, but was just wondering how many mums-to-be there are in my area. Perhaps we can share stories!

I'm due in August this year, very happy but also quite nervous!

And lastly, congrats to everyone who is a mum-to-be.

franki33 Mon 10-Jan-11 04:59:54

Hello,
I am in POrtishead and due end of July congradulations xxx

Yukana Mon 10-Jan-11 11:24:23

Congrats to you too! I'm near Bristol, in a small village. Nice to see someone in the area.

sam26oscar Sat 15-Jan-11 19:53:24

hi am in weston super mare and due in 6 weeks!!!

Yukana Thu 20-Jan-11 09:10:58

Oh blimey, congratulations! Do let us know how it goes Sam, it must be very exciting!

Weston Super Mare is about 20 minutes away from me.

Jhas Wed 26-Jan-11 12:23:23

I am in Bristol. Not due til Septmeber, but very very nervous! Congrats on yours!

Yukana Sun 30-Jan-11 16:47:50

Nice to meet you Jhas. I am also nervous, you aren't alone there. Congrats to you as well!

Bensmum76 Sun 30-Jan-11 17:36:57

Hi all
I am due my second baby in 3 weeks, I have a 3 year old son already. I live in Weston super mare. Congrats to you all

Yukana Sun 30-Jan-11 18:45:33

Congrats Bensmum, and I'm sure you are excited for your imminent arrival! I will be moving to Yatton soon, myself.

Pesha Sun 30-Jan-11 18:47:45

Pah! Wrong part of Somerset, you're all miles away!!

Yukana Sun 30-Jan-11 18:59:38

Where are you from Pesha? Yatton has a train station so it's not all bad!

Pesha Sun 30-Jan-11 19:33:07

Actually I have no idea where Yatton is! Was assuming it was North of me like everyone else, particularly as I've never heard of it!

I'm in Yeovil so South Somerset/Dorset border. We have 2 train stations!! wink

Pesha Sun 30-Jan-11 19:35:19

And have just read through the thread again and I see that Yatton is a small village near Bristol and about 20 minutes from WSM! blush

Yukana Sun 30-Jan-11 19:43:21

Oooh, fancy. wink Two train stations!

Indeed, it's a small village albeit not as small as where I currently live, Wrington!

Had to move as currently I live in a small top-floor apartment, with the only transport being one bus every two hours. With LO on the way it would be very difficult to manage!

Sarahmumtobe Tue 08-Feb-11 18:18:57

Hi,

I live in Frome, and am due 14th June 2011 with my first child, who we found out is a boy.

Really glad to see this Somerset thread appear. Yukana I'm quite near you!

Have been trying to find a local aquanatal class - does anyone have any recommendations.

cait43 Sat 05-Mar-11 18:54:25

Hiya, im in bridgwater and its my first, im 43, im due end of october and im so nervous, tired, feeling sick, aching all over and not enjoying it yet. Could do with lots of advice.

Yukana Wed 06-Apr-11 14:36:11

Hello you two, sorry for the horribly late reply, had forgotten I made a thread like this. I am glad I did, however.

cait43 This one is my first although I'm past that stage, I'm at 22 weeks now. If you need any advice feel free to post here or PM me. If you are getting tired and/or aching legs or feet I would recommend Mothercare's 'Lift me up leg and foot spray' for £3.99. Has been lovely during the night or the day when I'm out walking as it cools the area and soothes it. As for feeling sick, drink chilled water or chilled juice, I found fruit, yoghurt and crisps easy to eat during that stage. It's completely normal to be nervous! Congratulations on the news.

Sarahmumtobe Frome is a lovely place to live. I found out my little one is a girl, and congratulations! Your midwife should be able to either refer you to or point you in the right direction on that one, I asked mine today and she circled classes in June which I'm going to attempt to go to. (I'll be about seven months along by then).

jimmijam Thu 02-Jun-11 16:39:53

hi, im about 25 miles from taunton, due in september this will be #3 - and final!
have 5year old girl, 3 1/2 year old boy and dont know what we're having this time around

Yukana Tue 07-Jun-11 18:20:29

Congratulations on your pregnancy Jimmijam. smile Are you planning on not finding out about the gender?

I imagine quite a few people are roasting in the hot weather down here, I keep a fan on in the house 24/7 and can just about bear it!

Toots210 Wed 08-Jun-11 17:44:00

Hello, I'm near Taunton and only 7 weeks pregnant!

Yukana Fri 10-Jun-11 08:19:12

Congratulations Toots. smile Is this your first? First trimester I found was a mix of large amounts of excitement and feeling mildly nervous about the upcoming scan.

Toots210 Fri 10-Jun-11 15:00:48

Yes first pregnancy and it was our first month of trying! I am a mixture of nerves and excitement. Nerves because I want everything to be ok with the baby and there is no way of knowing until the scan! I'm due at the end of January. I went to the doctors a week and a half ago and they gave me a midwife referral form to fill in which said I would get a call within 3 working days. Well, I still haven't haven't heard so will have to chase this up next week as I really want to know when my booking in appointment and scan date will be.

August is pretty close Yukana - are you all ready for your new arrival?

Yukana Fri 10-Jun-11 15:22:40

My birthday is at the beginning of January, lovely to hear January little'uns are on the way. smile

I think you'll find the nerves will either stop at your 12 week scan or at your 20 week scan. For me the first scan really helped my worries and the second scan was just wonderful. smile It's a lovely experience and it feels like you bond with your baby in a way. Are you planning on finding out the gender or will you leave it as a surprise? I was quite torn on this one but after 10+ weeks of feeling like I was having a girl, I wanted to know if I was right, and I was!

Your first appointment should be between 8-9 weeks, and then your midwife should book your scan for you, if I remember correctly. You should also get a NHS pregnancy info book and a Bounty pack.

Almost ready. smile We're looking to move before the baby is born and hopefully with luck will find a nice place for our new family to live in. Need to pop into town and buy everything for my hospital bag, which will probably cost a bit, but I am very excited.

jimmijam Fri 10-Jun-11 20:17:57

toots we were lucky enough to fall pregnant within the 1st month of trying (after months of messing around to get coil removed from my fallopian tube!)
yukana moving house is stressful, however organised u r. being pregnant and preparing to move aswell as for a new arrival must b stressful! yet v. exciting!! best of luck :-)
we didnt find out gender, wasnt a nice suprise after all the hard work!

Toots210 Sun 12-Jun-11 19:50:10

Yeah, I definitely want to find out the gender.

My other worry at the moment is weight gain. I have read that you shouldn't really put on any weight in the first trimester (in fact people can lose it due to morning sickness) but I just feel queasy - I have not been sick at all - and I have been consuming a normal amount of food but have put on about 5 pounds in the weeks I've been pregnant.

Did anyone else actually gain weight in first 7-8 weeks?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now