Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

August 2011....calling the newly diffed.

(1001 Posts)
Hersetta Mon 22-Nov-10 14:11:54

Got my BFP this morning after 4 cycles of TTC and EDD is 1st August. This will be my 2nd (DD will be 3.11 when this one is due and is a very late August baby herself).I am am 40 yrs old.

Very shocked, but very happy.

Anyone else want to join me for the ride!

LadyGoneGaga Mon 22-Nov-10 16:48:13

Hello, I'm actually due in July (28th) so shouldn't really be here but thought I would pop in and say Congratulations! grin

And that I may pop in from time to time as I don't like being so far behind everyone else in July <grumps> Who knows what first scan will say?

It will be my second (DS will be 3.2 when this one coms) although I had a mc in Sept so still feeling a bit wobbly.

I'm an August baby - Leo's rule!

Hersetta Mon 22-Nov-10 16:52:55

Congrats to you too!

To be honest this one will probably arrive in July anyway as after a 6 day labour last time I ended up with an EMCS, so will probably have one again which will no doubt mean a delivery at 38 or 39 weeks.

RunDMC Mon 22-Nov-10 19:58:22

hi ladies smile and congratulations !

really hoping I'm not tempting fate by peeking in here.. tested today and reckon my EDD is 29th July - but like LadyGoneGaga I didn't fancy joining after the party had started on the July board either.

Delighted to be here but I had a mmc in July with my first so feeling a touch nervous/scared/not wanting to tell anyone in RL just yet.

Eek to a 6 day labour Hersetta !!

LadyGoneGaga Mon 22-Nov-10 20:28:54

I'm on July too grin. They are lovely ladies as well Run. Do both!

ddas Tue 23-Nov-10 14:21:50

My EDD 31st July so I'm also on July thread but like ladygonegaga said it's like joining after the party started and in full swing lol. So may join u here as progress and scan dates will be more in line w yours!! Plus this is my first so likehood is I'll be overdue till august! Shall we start a stats list? Mine are:

ddas: pg#1 EDD 31/7/11.

If we're adding area I'm in buckinghamshire.

Hersetta Tue 23-Nov-10 14:57:58

Welcome ddas. I must have type my detail into about 10 differnt due date calulators and 2 or 3 did come back with 31/7 but the rest said 1/8 so have gome with that.

i have just booked a private viability scan for 21/12 when I will be 8+1. Hopefully it will be good news as we go on holiday 2 days later.

ddas: pg#1 EDD 31/7/11. Bucks
Hersetta. pg#2- DD 3.11 EDD 1/8/11. Herts

ddas Tue 23-Nov-10 15:53:02

That's a good idea especially as 12 weeks seems like a very long time to wait to make sure everything is progressing ok;do u mind me asking how much they are?

RunDMC Tue 23-Nov-10 15:54:34

Hi ddas and congratulations too.

I'm going to book a private scan that week too I think Hersetta. Here's a confusing question that I should know the answer to. Working from the first day of my LMP today is day 35. Does that mean I'm 5+0 today ?

RunDMC: pg#2 EDD 29/7/11. Glasgow

sunshiney78 Tue 23-Nov-10 16:00:31

Hello ladies! Another stat from me:

Sunshiney78: pg no. 1 EDD 31/7/11. London

Found out 2 days ago and still not sure if it's real. Had ectopic in Feb 09, so will have to have an early scan to make sure bean is in the right place!

Hersetta Tue 23-Nov-10 16:09:16

ddas we're going to the Fetal Medicine Centre on Harley Street. We went there for an early scan and the nuchal/blood test combined scan with DD and they are wonderful.The viability scan is £100.

Run I think it depends on how long your cycle is. When was your period due? If you are a 28 day cycle themn i would say that yes you are at 5+0 today.

sunshiney78 Tue 23-Nov-10 16:17:31

Oops, just realised how to do this:

sunshiney78: pg 1 EDD 31/7/11. London

RunDMC Tue 23-Nov-10 16:17:50

cycle 30 days so was due last Thursday. So that would make sense as LMP was 20 October. Was a bit confused as another site showed I was 4 confused.

ddas I'd definitely recommend an early scan if you can. Although my last pg didn't work out, I'm glad I found that out at 8-10 weeks and not 12 weeks.

Hi sunshiney and welcome. Fingers crossed for you.

Hersetta Tue 23-Nov-10 16:37:50

I think you are 2 days ahead of me (so 4+3) as your period was due 3 days before mine but your cycle is one day longer. Don't know if that is right though!

LadyGoneGaga Tue 23-Nov-10 19:35:26

LadyGoneGaga: pg#3 (DS 2.5, mc) EDD 28/7/11 Warks
sunshiney78: pg 1 EDD 31/7/11. London

Hope you don't mind - just added bit of detail re: children. I'm 4+5 today if that helps. But I'm counting from my ov date as have irregular/long cycles so chart obsessively!

ddas Wed 24-Nov-10 17:06:32

Yep spoke to dh and we decided that good idea to have early scan in dec so going to get in touch with the centre u recommended hersetta. Fingers crossed they have app on the days free which not many as working till 23rd lol.

What symptoms are u all getting for me it's nausea morning till late afternoon(so much for ms!!! ), sore breasts and needing to go to the bathroom all the time. Nausea seems to be better if just constantly eat but don't want to turn into the size of whale by time July comes around lol. However silly thing is days symptoms seem to subside I worry something is wrong- can never win lol.

RunDMC Wed 24-Nov-10 18:26:07

no nausea yet for me ddas but I have awful heartburn as I've had to stop taking prescription tablets for a hiatus hernia (hole in the top of the stomach) which is not pleasant and gaviscon unfortunately just doesn't cut it.

Also need to go to the bathroom all the time too and am shattered - could have had an afternoon nap today and have been in bed by 10 most nights which is kind of unheard of. Chest a bit tender at times but not all the time.

Also freezing most of the time which happened last time I was pg and was what made me test last time and this. Not sure what that's about confused. Also seem to (according to DH) have been a bit tetchy and short tempered....well more than normal !

LadyGoneGaga Wed 24-Nov-10 19:00:20

I've booked an early scan too as so anxious. 20th Dec - will be 8 weeks. "Only" £60 up here which feels doable just for the reassurance.

RunDMC Wed 24-Nov-10 20:55:02

that is reasonable - £100 up here.

Hersetta Thu 25-Nov-10 08:31:56

That's good news ddas. I hope you will like them - they are very good at what they do. The professor who set up the FMC actually invented the Nuchal Fold test so they definitely know what they are doing.

As for symptoms, my answer is none...apart from a odd feeling in my tummy.

ddas Fri 26-Nov-10 08:30:04

Yeah reading their website and reviews seem good- esp like that all the proceeds go to fetal medicine research. If my trust doesn't offer the combined test w/ bloods + uss I may use them for that as well.

The nausea started 1 week before my period was even due and got my bfp that early 2- really hoping that it's not twins with double the hormones that's causing this lol.

RunDMC Fri 26-Nov-10 11:08:19

morning ladies.

just booked my scan - for the 21st so same day as Hersetta I think. Seems ages away and hoping the days don't drag too much.

Re symptoms had very bad nausea this morning and trying to see that as a positive.

Hersetta Fri 26-Nov-10 12:00:59

Well done RunDMC. We'll hopefully have great news on the same day. Mine is at 9am so will be going before work.

I am feeling strangely 'normal' this time around and it's not occupying every waking thought. I'm hoping that this means the weeks will go quicker as the with my first pregnancy the days seemed endless and every week really dragged by.

RunDMC Fri 26-Nov-10 14:18:18

fingers crossed !! Mine's not til 8pm.

I wonder if that's because you've got your DD to think about so can't give it as much thought ?

It's funny, I feel a lot more relaxed this time (weirdly as I thought I'd be stressing given what happened last time) and I feel like what will be will be.

Hodel Fri 26-Nov-10 15:15:38

Hi! Just found out I'm in the club too. EDD should be 3 August 2011. This is my second and so far I'm not feeling anything different. With DD1 I took the test and the line was so faint I didn't believe it at first - rushed to the GP for confirmation. This time it practically jumped off the stick, even though it was only the day I was due.

I'm in Singapore for the next year (I'm normally in London), so I have to figure out what the system is over here. Apparently the hospitals are great, it's just that you have to pay for everything!

Hodel. pg#2. EDD 3/8/11. Singapore(London)

Congratulations to everyone else!!

This thread is not accepting new messages.