Advanced search

December 2010:where we await the best Christmas presents ever

(455 Posts)
Miffster Fri 19-Nov-10 07:23:07

Stats thread here

DuelingFanjo Fri 19-Nov-10 07:51:14

aw, great title. Marking my place grin

Bradyboo Fri 19-Nov-10 07:55:35

I'm due on the 13th with DC2 and was told yesterday that the head is now engaged and very low in pelvis so it could be any day. Am hoping DC stays put for another 2 weeks, would love a December baby and feel slightly terrified that could arrive early even if it is by just a few weeks!

SlightlyTired Fri 19-Nov-10 07:56:40

Sweet, miffster. Marking my place. smile

CheeseandGherkins Fri 19-Nov-10 09:13:15

Also marking place quickly.

notso Fri 19-Nov-10 10:29:18

Awww Miffster, I like the title smile

Just marking my place, can't remember who said what now!

Oh and CONGRATULATIONS Heidipi grin

Is that five babies now?

ReshapeWhileDamp Fri 19-Nov-10 11:00:53

Christmas? What is this Christmas of which you speak? grin

Having a trying day today. And it's not yet 11! DS is testing his boundaries (aka being a right little...) by pressing buttons, mine and literal ones. Has reprogrammed the oven alarm and it took me 10 mins with the booklet to reset it! (Oven is new to us, in new house.) Also pressed computer buttons and 'tested' the carbon monoxide alarm that I haven't got round to screwing to the wall yet. hmm

Think we will have to stagger out to the playground!

Desperate to find out if baby is still breech, as I just can't tell now. My MW is camped out somewhere awaiting a baby's arrival, but I might ask her cover if she has time to come round and have a grope!

Miffster Fri 19-Nov-10 11:17:27

Welcome and good luck Bradyboo

I had scan yesterday and Tiny is not breech or b2b despite dire predictions of mw, yay, but prior to scan I was looking at wiki page about how to tell, so you might want to have a grope yourself after reading, Reshape

CheeseandGherkins Fri 19-Nov-10 11:24:59

Heidi congrats

brady welcome

notso I think it is 5, wonder who will be next?

Reshape Dc's been driving me mad this morning, at school and pre-school now but I'm knackered. Hope you figure it out or MW can feel for you.

Miffster glad baby is right way I'm sure mine is OP but with anterior placenta this is more likely...like last time...Going to try really hard to get her the right way round now I know she's head down. I would rather not have another OP baby but I was wondering about that as my labour with DS2 (who was OP) was 1 hour 10 mins but what if it was slowed down by him being the wrong way? Does that mean this baby could be even faster if she ends up the right way round? :s

Quite tired again today, least BH's have stopped but she is keeping me awake at night kicking! Plus waking again for a wee in the night a couple of times. It's all fun towards the end isn't it

DuelingFanjo Fri 19-Nov-10 11:45:01

miffster I can't get that link to work but I really want to know grin

CheeseandGherkins Fri 19-Nov-10 11:52:27

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leopold's_maneuvers should work

Wholelottalove Fri 19-Nov-10 11:56:05

Hi all. Feeling a bit more cheerful and energetic today despite having a rubbish night's sleep. Took DD to the dentist this morning and she was amazing - sat in the chair and opened her mouth and is as pleased as anything about the sticker she was given. I'm really proud of her

Glad I haven't been the only one feeling grumpy. I can't remember if I felt like this last time or not. I expect I did!

C&G despite my best efforts, my little one seems to be settling B2B, but my midwife has said in a second pregnancy it isn't as much of an issue as the baby finds it muhc easier to rotate (I guess cos everything stretched once etc).

Wholelottalove Fri 19-Nov-10 12:04:32

Sorry, meany to say thank you for the new thread miffster - lovely title!

ButtonAzure Fri 19-Nov-10 12:17:57

That is nice Miffster

Hi people on new thread, welcome Bradyboo

I got DH to have a go at looking at the manouvers just a moment ago... seems that his love of DIY doesn't stretch to DIY obstetrics! was funny to see him trying to work it out though grin

laurenamium Fri 19-Nov-10 18:07:19

Nice miffster just marking my place!

Congrats heidi and <waves> to brady

I am THE moodiest girl ever today!Spent all afternoon doing the whole familys ironing, including my 15 year old brothers...he came in from school then REFUSED to put it away shock I swore at him and told him it wont ever happen again as he was very ungrateful blush probably shouldnt have lost my temper at him as its very unmumsnetty but Im blaming the hormones!

SlightlyTired Fri 19-Nov-10 18:52:32

Hi all and welcome Brady. Had growth scan today and baby is fine - looking like 6 lb 8 oz at the moment. Nearly fully engaged with less than 2 weeks till due date. Argh!

Apart from that have been doing battle with dd all day. Exhausting. So sick of massive tantrums for no reason. We turned a few heads in the high street today... Oh for a bottle glass of wine.

Miffster Fri 19-Nov-10 19:29:22

Good news on your scan Slightly! Hope your LO turns WLL

Tiny is not so Tiny, he was estimated at 7lbs 3oz at 36+3 weeks! shock(although I continue to maintain that I am actually 37 weeks yada yada). He also has a big head (DH and I have large heads so this is not a surprise but....hmmmm.

I forgot to say that there was some activity on the old thread this morning, I just started this as we only had 5 posts space to go before the thread closed, so here is a link to the last page of the old thread...

CherylAnnTweedy Fri 19-Nov-10 19:32:20

Hey all, thanks for the new thread Miffster, great title. smile

I'm having a really crap week. Sorry to hear of those of you who are having probs with other dc, but very glad it's not just me. I hate being pregnant right now, hate being a mum and just want to curl up and hide. I've spent most of this week laid on the bed staring vacantly into the distance, crying and refusing to eat. I spent this morning wondering if I could perform a c/s on myself. sad

93pjb Fri 19-Nov-10 19:57:08

CAT sorry to hear you are feeling low. You don't need me to tell you but you really should eat. Could someone have the dc for a bit this weekend while you spoil yourself a bit? Hope things feel brighter soon, sending you hugs.

Heidi congratulations, I think that makes 4 girls and 1 boy. Have you chosen a name yet?

PJen lovely to hear from you, sounds like you are doing a fantastic job. Please believe everyone when they say it will get easier.

lavita very impressed with the tandem feeding!

miffster great title

Thanks for all the crossed fingers re move, looks like it worked!

Had midwife today was a bit of a short appointment. Last scan said LO was growing better but not sure I believe that as I am now only measuring 30 - 31 cms at almost 36 weeks. Already have a scan and cons appt for next week so there wasn't much point in discussing things further. Hoping they don't decide there is a problem on Friday when we move the following Monday...

Miffster Fri 19-Nov-10 20:20:29

ARCTIC WEATHER on the way! shock

Hope everyone has got their stuff sorted!...

Miffster Fri 19-Nov-10 20:28:41

Ooops what is going on when I paste links today? blush
ARCTIC WEATHER link

CheeseandGherkins Fri 19-Nov-10 20:37:27

WLL I'm a little concerned with mine as she seems so comfy this way, even as breech she was still OP lol. My 3rd was OP all during labour but I'm not sure which way he was actually born. DD sounds really well behaved at the dentist, well done her

Button I'm always (and DH) trying to figure out the position but no luck usually.

lauren surprised at your 15 year old brother! I get all mine to put their washing away, DS2 (nearly 4) gets some help but DS1 who is 7 and DD who is nearly 9 do theirs alone.

slightly glad the scan went well, my growth scan is not next week but the one after, I thought it was next week but nope. I'm with you on the bottle of wine, I'm looking forward to a nice glass of champers once the baby is born

Miffster DS1 and 2 both had big heads but no tearing, fingers crossed for this one. Did you mean to link to the changing bag on ebay?

Cheryl sounds like you need a break, try and rest as much as you can, not long until baby comes and you need all the rest you can get. Oh and eat!

93pjb That must be worrying for you, when is your consultant appointment? Have you had any ctgs lately?

We're thinking about braving Ikea tomorrow and stopping at Krispy Kreme on the way back Are we mad? Lol. Hopefully I'll get a decent night's sleep and feel nice and rested and ready to go! Hope everyone's having a peaceful Friday night.

CheeseandGherkins Fri 19-Nov-10 20:38:43

Miffster crossed posts there hehe. Definitely have to make sure all is ready, still need some bits for homebirth if we're able to go with that still. Really foggy here tonight but looks very atmospheric.

laurenamium Fri 19-Nov-10 20:44:16

lol miffster your baby might come out in a school uniform! I havent had any predicted weights or growth scans but Ive been told big long baby too.

Thanks c&g im going to show him that when he gets in!shame him into behaving!

Wholelottalove Fri 19-Nov-10 21:20:39

miffster yikes, I hope there isn't too much snow! I'm right in town centre but there is a hill outside our house that no-one can ever get up once it snows and we end up gridlocked. Would be quite tricky to get up to hospital, although MW would hopefully be able to get through to me.

CAT sorry you are feeling so rubbish. It's really difficult coping with other DC when you physically feel so rubbish and I'm sure they can pick up on it, so end up playing you up more.

Brady welcome

lauren blimey, your brother should be doing all your stuff!

C&G oh no, let's hope this one turns round for you. DD was born right way round but didn't turn until I was pushing and it was the most awful, grinding feeling. Yuck. Am very very keen to avoid another long OP labour.

93pjb I hope your scan goes ok next week.

slightly my DD was actually very well behaved today, but I feel physically shattered after running round after her all day anyway and I know she was very easy today. I do think it will be easier in a lot of ways with a newborn as at least I won't feel so horrific physically once I'm recovered from the birth and I'm pretty much used to sleep deprivation. That's what I'm telling myself anyway...

Urgh, was so tired as DH didn't get in until 7.00 today so we ordered pizza with an offer leaflet we had. Haven't had pizza for quite a bit and it has given me killer heartburn. Plus I managed to throw my pot of dip onto the carpet, dur.

Was hoping I'd get my GBS results today, but looks like I'll have to wait until next week now.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now