Talk

Advanced search

Jue in June part 3

(1001 Posts)
moomin156 Wed 03-Nov-10 18:10:59

We have now reached 2000 posts so need to start another thread.

sasamaxx Wed 03-Nov-10 18:12:11

Goodness me - that is unbelievable!!!
Well done moomin!!

moomin156 Wed 03-Nov-10 18:16:43

its amazing isnt it........we are a chatty lot.
Hope every one is ok this evening.......nothing much from me, symtoms seem to be less this week. Hope all is ok 8+3 today and still not had a scan date.....

broughthimroundtotheidea Wed 03-Nov-10 18:22:03

So sorry star I would still go for the private scan if it were me, you never know todays scanner could have been wrong....

Oh my we talk alot!! Well, I am back from docs. He was everso nice, I explained what was going on and he felt my tummy (i suppose to rule out ectopic) and that was all fine. Then said what I already knew that he couldn't give any concrete reasurances, but said now is the time that you sometimes "shed your lining". He told me to make an appointment for tomorrow to have a hcg test done, and he will try to organise for a scan. He said our local hospital is being funny about doing early scans so I may have to go over to the EPU an hour away, which I don't mind one bit. The bleeding has virtually stopped now so hopefully I am just being neurotic.

moomin156 Wed 03-Nov-10 18:24:11

Glad your GP was nice, and i agree an hours drive is nothing for a bit of reassurance. Glad the bleeding has stopped now, lets hope it stays that way

curiouselle Wed 03-Nov-10 18:31:41

Hello all,

Just checking in - I'm still here, just busy at work. I totally forget I am pregnant when I am there then shock myself remembering blush.

Very weird dreams and sleep walking mean that I am sooooo tired confused so hope this doesn't continue for the whole pregnancy!

First midwife app next week - for those who have been, what should I expect and how long will it be (am having to take time off work)?

Thank You lovely people smile

yellowtomato Wed 03-Nov-10 18:32:20

how lovely to hear a tale of a friendly and helpful GP......hope you are feeling a bit better now. Would be lovely for you to get a reassurance scan too.

yellowtomato Wed 03-Nov-10 18:34:44

oh my goodness...i've just read on another forum that they took about 6 vials of blood at the booking in appt......is that true? That seems like a lot?

I hate having blood taken and usually faint....arrghh, someone reassure me please???

moomin156 Wed 03-Nov-10 18:42:11

Im afraid i didnt count the vials of blood but it must have been 5 or 6. My first midwifes was very brief but she had said to allow at least an hour for my booking in in nov 19th

moomin156 Wed 03-Nov-10 18:48:54

but can i say she was so gentle and it didnt hurt at all

Star82 Wed 03-Nov-10 19:12:29

Ah, thanks everyone.

I'll still go on Saturday and see what they say there more for confirmation to go back to the midwife with than anything else. It would be nice to think there still was some hope but even if it had developed more slowly, by 7+3 which i believe i should be, there should be a heartbeat present and if it's less than that it's pretty impossible.
It sounds awful but, if the baby has gone, i just want it all dealing with asap if you know what i mean cos i just feel a bit weird how things are now.

I'll post back on Saturday and let you know how i get on.

milliemuffin Wed 03-Nov-10 19:12:57

Anyone else really sleepy? I could sleep for a week! Xx

IssyStark Wed 03-Nov-10 19:16:45

star my advice would be to see see if you can get your GP to refer you to the EPU for a ERPC as you are sure of your dates. the GP should def. be able to refer you immediately after the private scan on Sunday even if they aren't keen to do it beforehand. Most hospitals will have weekly surgical lists for ERPCs so you shouldn't have to wait to long if you'd prefer to go that route (I'm afraid I always do).

cep Wed 03-Nov-10 19:28:41

wow pt 3 already.

welcome newbies and congratulations.

Star am so sorry to hear, good luck for saturday.

broughthim - glad the dr was understanding, if they give you a chance go for the scan regardless of if your still getting the blood or not.

millie - i'm absolutely exhausted doesn't help that my 2.5 yr old keeps waking up at night, he coughed himself awake at 4:30 this morning and didn't go back to sleep, and cause he doesn't have naps anymore i can't catch up during the day either. sooooo tired i may go to bed now, wouldn't be the first time.

well no blood for 2 days then this morning there it was again when i wiped, i'm clinging to the fact everything was fine yesterday and couldn't see any reason for a bleed yesterday.

My work is actually being really understanding which is amazing, they've said the baby comes first and if i bleed again go straight to the dr's as it might be stress and they're not worried if i end up being signed off for a few weeks.

hell i might go just to get time off to sleep.

cep Wed 03-Nov-10 19:29:51

forgot to add had homemade chicken and ham pie with loads of pastry and mash and gravy and veg. yum

wolfcubEm83 Wed 03-Nov-10 19:34:44

Hi ladies.
Im lurking here with a question to ask and hope you will be able to help.
Im 6+3 with my first (i think im due end of june) and very nervous about the whole thing. Ive got my 1st mw appointment next week and im looking forwards to having a chat with her about everthing but i just wondered - is she going to be the one delivering my little one at the hospital?? Id never given it a thought before today!

cep Wed 03-Nov-10 19:39:14

hi wolfcub and congrats.

not necessarily depends if she's on shift. I saw the same mw all the way through for #1 but she wasn't at the m/w unit when i gave birth, in fact i didn't see her till either day after or 2nd day after. But the one i had was really good.

knackered76 Wed 03-Nov-10 19:41:23

Star82 - so sorry you're going through this It's horrible to be left in limbo. It's doesn't sound awful at all, wanting to have things dealt with quickly is perfectly normal. Thinking of you for saturday.

wolfcubEm83 Wed 03-Nov-10 19:43:16

Thanks Cep, just a bit overwhelmed with everything at the mo. Im sure ill have more questions soon.

cep Wed 03-Nov-10 19:49:48

Is completely normal to be over whelmed by it all. I found that the ladies on here are full of great advice and support. You're wlecome to ask any question or just join in with the general chit chat, as you can tell by the fact we're on thread 3 already we're good at the chitchat too. grin

knackered76 Wed 03-Nov-10 19:50:52

broughthimround - glad your gp was nice. Not that I've seen her yet but mine is also lovely!

wolfcub - congratulations - as cep said it depends. I saw the same midwife throughout pregnancy and then a whole different pile of ones during the births. I was told last time though that if I had a home birth I would probably have the same one.

milliemuffin - am sooooooo tired and can't sleep. Dreaming so much that when I wake up I feel as though i haven't slept anyway. Had a dream the other night I'd been for a 45mins run (I haven't run for 2 years due to rubbish knees)!

cep - cling to the scan! It's not uncommon and you've seen your bean, heartbeat and all! When's your next scan? I am, quite indulgently, thinking of sneaking in another one privately and not telling dh as he would think I'm mad. Have to try and cling to my small shred of remaining sanity and talk myself out of it!

I finally made a booking app today. Because I'm nearly 10 weeks and want a nuchal I have to go and see the community midwife in some random place and my local doctors couldn't get me in for another 3 weeks (my own fault for not booking earlier)! In theory I can have my nuchal from 11+4 which means I can have another scan on 17th . . .probably should wait rather then pay to have another private blush

Have lovely evenings ladies. I'm off to eat what ever I can lay my hands on . . food, furniture, small children . . . .

knackered76 Wed 03-Nov-10 19:53:22

wolfcub - over whelmed comes with the territory, along with panic, anxiousness and uncertainty. Luckily there is also excited grin

Welcome other newbies

supersunnyday Wed 03-Nov-10 19:56:11

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

supersunnyday Wed 03-Nov-10 19:56:39

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

cep Wed 03-Nov-10 19:57:44

knackered - i haven't got a date for my proper scan yet. should be about another 4-5 weeks i think. i have my booking in appointment on the 16th if i haven't heard by then i'll talk to the mw. if i have any more bleeding i'll talk to my dr.

don't forget the ketchup small children just don't taste right without the ketchup.

This thread is not accepting new messages.