Advanced search

to remove this possible sexual predator from my and my son's life

(75 Posts)
xalyssx Sat 20-Jul-13 22:04:59

A guy 3 years younger than me has been attracted to me for a while apparently, we have been sort of friends for years but never particularly close. He often comes in the library where I work and so does his mother, she is very friendly towards me. Last year he walked home with me and my son as he lives near my friend's house where I was staying. I said goodbye to him and pushed the pram down the back alley. He followed me. He pushed me up against the wall and tried to kiss me. I screamed no at him but he ignored me, and I only managed to fight him off because he had a broken arm. That evening I told him on Facebook that his behaviour was unacceptable and that if he ever tried to talk to me again I would tell his respectable best friend. I also told my boss what happened. A couple of months down the line he tries to flirt with me again and I do actually talk to his friend about everything. Last week I was hanging out with my friends and my son, when he shows up and gets drawn into the group. As it has been a year without any contact I don't make a big deal about it. When everyone starts to leave, my medication starts playing up and I nearly pass out. He is the only person who is able to stay, so he walks me and my son to the train station, and waits with us for the train. He then starts talking about how much he loves me. I say 'oh thank you I really appreciate the sentiment' (I am not quite myself yet at this point.) He then says that he will prove it - and then promptly pulls his ding-dong out and waves it in my direction. .. what do I do next time I see him? I have told my boss about this.

HollyBerryBush Sat 20-Jul-13 22:07:57

Why haven't you told the police about it?

squoosh Sat 20-Jul-13 22:08:36

Well this is easy.

Call the police.

He's flashed at you, he's assaulted you and he sounds demented.

sittinginthesun Sat 20-Jul-13 22:09:22


northernlurker Sat 20-Jul-13 22:10:45


MalcolmTuckersMum Sat 20-Jul-13 22:12:01

His 'ding dong'? Really?

Purplecatti Sat 20-Jul-13 22:12:41

Police. He is a total weirdo.

SarahStrattonIsBackForJustABit Sat 20-Jul-13 22:14:09

When everyone starts to leave, my medication starts playing up and I nearly pass out.

What? GP and police.

SarahStrattonIsBackForJustABit Sat 20-Jul-13 22:14:56

Is this a <coff> new poster?

RedPencils Sat 20-Jul-13 22:15:14

As above and
Block him on Facebook
Don't socialise with him ever.

StanleyLambchop Sat 20-Jul-13 22:16:54

Why bother telling his respectable best friend- tell the police. You shouted no and he carried on. You had a lucky escape but he could try it again with you or someone else. Please report him to the proper authorities.

NachoAddict Sat 20-Jul-13 22:17:15

Definitely police, and gp.

Finola1step Sat 20-Jul-13 22:18:36

Jeez Louise....

If its true... Police

However, I suspect that the summer holidays may just have started in some parts if the country...

xalyssx Sat 20-Jul-13 22:29:41

Do I need to have evidence? He isn't the only person who has tried to push things too far, some people seem to think that they can take advantage of people with learning difficulties.

WorraLiberty Sat 20-Jul-13 22:32:03

He's not a possible sexual predator...he is a sexual predator.

Would you BU to remove him for you and your child's life?

I'm sure you know the answer to that

You'll need to report him to the police as others have said.

Hashtagwhatever Sat 20-Jul-13 22:39:52


mummytime Sat 20-Jul-13 23:01:43

You don't need evidence, you do not need a water tight criminal case to report an incident to the police. They may not be able to prosecute him, but it could cause a flag to come up if he tries to work with vulnerable people. On the other hand he could have form for this, and maybe your little complaint would be just enough.

Report it for yourself, and for all the rest of us (including my teenage DD).

thank you.

Trazzletoes Sat 20-Jul-13 23:05:32

No you don't need evidence. Leave that bit up to the Police but please tell them.

Alisvolatpropiis Sat 20-Jul-13 23:08:59

Yabu to even think yabu.

As others have said,report it.

ThisIsMyRealName Sat 20-Jul-13 23:10:31

Report it. He sounds dangerous.

Even if it doesn't get very far at least it will be flagged up to the police for future reference. And it might have the desired effect of scaring him into staying away.

Whatever you do make sure you don't have any contact with him anymore

Sorry you had to go through this

xalyssx Sat 20-Jul-13 23:24:23

Okay I have phoned them thank you

IRCL Sat 20-Jul-13 23:26:06

You're telling the wrong people OP.

Tell the police.

bumpsnowjustplump Sat 20-Jul-13 23:30:11

Well done xalyssx you have done the right thing, he has taken advantage of you and it needs to stop... you are very strong!!

BridgetBidet Sat 20-Jul-13 23:34:27

Are you sure it was your medication? Is it possible he could have tried to drug you?

xalyssx Sat 20-Jul-13 23:39:06

I hadn't eaten or drunk anything since lunch at my mum's house, I'm diabetic and the warm weather caused my blood sugar levels to drop.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now