Talk

Advanced search

to be a teensy bit cross with my bf

(29 Posts)
Hullygully Wed 30-Jun-10 15:28:04

who suggested meeting up this weekend. After much consulting we agreed Sun afternoon was the only possible time and that she and her family would come to our house for lunch (which I would stay home and cook while dh did necessary dc things).

Then she says she is going out Sun night, so could we go there instead? (I had also invited mutual friends for Sun). I said it would be difficult because of dh and dc activities.

Then she suggested that they come Sat night (we are out all day Sat). I said ok, it would have to be a takeaway as not around, but fine, and would they like to stay? (And rearrranged mutual friends for Sat).

No, they can't stay as they are busy Sun, fine, but then she says Sat eve is too late, perhaps she'll leave the dc home. Fine. But then no, they wanted to bring the dc, so can't we meet them earlier? No we can't as busy.

Oh well then, she says, guess we'll have to cancel.

AIBU to be a leetle cross? Or not being very understanding?

OrmRenewed Wed 30-Jun-10 15:30:29

Well I think it's six of one and half a dozen of the other honestly. You are both busy.

scurryfunge Wed 30-Jun-10 15:30:31

Sounds like you have been more than reasonable and flexible....leave it for another weekend.

Flisspaps Wed 30-Jun-10 15:31:51

YANBU. What a total pain in the arse!

Hullygully Wed 30-Jun-10 15:32:17

Orm - that is not the right answer. Please try again. It's her that chopped and changed all the time.

<mutters to self and writes about Orm in big book>

Hullygully Wed 30-Jun-10 15:33:46

<Writes nice things with smiley faces about Fliss and scurry>

scurryfunge Wed 30-Jun-10 15:36:22

I would have apologised profusely for messing you about and sent you a huuuuge bunch of flowers and.......<collects more smilies>

Herecomesthesciencebint Wed 30-Jun-10 15:36:25

YANBU she has been ridiculous really...but that said, I know wheres shes coming from. Its so hard to get right, you worry about other arrangements, will the kids be happy, tired, hate the travelling etc etc and end up realy pissing about with it all!

Why dont you suggest leaving it to a less hectic weekend. It may let her off the hook as well as subtley let her know you are a bit fed up with the messing around.

oh, and then you can have that take away with just your lot and anice bottle of wine!

Hullygully Wed 30-Jun-10 15:39:38

I have been extraordinairily kind and polite, but I want to shout, don't fuck me about you raving bloody loon, what are you doing?

But I won't (not till we have an evening on our own and drink too much anyway)

tinkletinklelittlestar Wed 30-Jun-10 15:50:45

You are getting this way out of proportion. It is ok to be disappointed and I'm sure your BF is feeling similarly. She is your BF fgs! Don't let this ruin it, you will see each other another time!

Hullygully Wed 30-Jun-10 15:51:44

We are now emailing antsy one liners.

notwavingjustironing Wed 30-Jun-10 15:59:25

It would annoy me. It's hard enough trying to co-ordinate weekends with friends, we've got stuff booked in till the end of August, and I can't swap one thing around without it affecting everything else.

Besides, you were probably looking foward to it so you've every right to feel petulant disappointed.

Let it go, be the bigger Hull/Gull

Jamieandhismagictorch Wed 30-Jun-10 16:03:26

YANBU

< is scared of the Big Book >

Hullygully Wed 30-Jun-10 16:06:40

Quite right James. Well done.

Anger is wearing off now. Luckily it never lasts long.

Jamieandhismagictorch Wed 30-Jun-10 16:10:57

yes - I noticed only that you were a "teensy bit cross", which is disappointingly mild for an AIBU. Next time, try "incandescent with rage" grin

Rollergirl1 Wed 30-Jun-10 16:11:14

How come they are busy on Sunday if they were meant to be seeing you?

OrmRenewed Wed 30-Jun-10 16:19:10

Well I'm not scared of your BIG BOOK!

<whimper>

Hullygully Wed 30-Jun-10 16:19:58

She said she hadn't realised she was going to the theatre Sun night. I wanted to say, well bloody well cancel.

But I didn't.

oiteach Wed 30-Jun-10 16:25:24

YANBU. How the fuck do you forget you are going to the theatre??

I have a solution. I shall come instead and we will drink wine and you can admire my hairy trucker hands.

Rollergirl1 Wed 30-Jun-10 16:25:26

Yes but then when you suggest they stay Sat night she replies that she can't as they are busy Sunday, which is when they are meant to be seeing you. Or have I got it wrong?

Jamieandhismagictorch Wed 30-Jun-10 17:05:41

yy - that's what it looks like

Hullygully Wed 30-Jun-10 19:34:51

because after we switched to Sat, she switched her sat lunch to sun.

Jamieandhismagictorch Wed 30-Jun-10 20:00:26

Weeeell - sounds like you are both very busy, and in possession of a good social life. But I can see it's annoying that she couldn't simply stick to Sunday in the first place.

Hullygully Wed 30-Jun-10 20:51:11

I admire you James for sticking thus far...
But worry not, I am all serene and moved on and she is WRONG.

LeninGoooaaall Wed 30-Jun-10 20:56:50

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now