Talk

Advanced search

Moben Kitchens

(15 Posts)
bombi Sun 02-May-10 22:26:03

SHEAS' DSM here. Our Moben Kitchen was finished last week, hurrah !

All credit to Susan Kinnaird, their M.D., and her team. She asked her North-East Area Manager to get involved in sorting out our problems. He, Andy McClarence was brilliant.

Every aspect of what was an almost re-fit of the originally planned layout has been personally managed and overseen by him.

He has driven down to see us four times, making the round trip from his home in Sheffield via the Manchester Head Office, to us in North Wales. On the day before Easter Friday he made an extra trip to their Head Office to pick up a part he knew the fitter would be needing on the Bank Holiday Saturday.

We had no problems with neither the kitchen fitter nor the electrician/gas fitter - both local men, nor the tiler. No, our problems were caused by a few Moben employees who let the firm down and caused us a lot of grief.

We understand from Susan Kinnaird that our
complaints are being investigated so that Moben Kitchens ( and Dolphins) can regain their reputations.

Maybe some M/Netters reading this will think I am a Moben " plant ", well anyone who still has unresolved problems with either Moben Kitchens or Dolphin Bathrooms could contact them on their M.D's email address, ( page 2 of the original thread ), and give her a chance to resolve them. She has told us that she wants the opportunity to fairly and honestly deliver the kitchens and bathrooms people expect from Mobens/Dolphins.

DH and I would recommend them now, and our DD is relieved we're happy. Hurrah for the power of MumsNet.

AnnaSergeyevna Sun 02-May-10 22:32:18

what a strange post.

justbeme Sun 02-May-10 22:49:02

There was a whole thread about the problems this lady had with Moben on here before (but Im too tired to find it right now) - I'm sure someone will be along in a minute to help out!!

OldLadyKnowsNothing Sun 02-May-10 22:57:27

Original thread

AnnaSergeyevna Sun 02-May-10 23:11:41

mmm, interesting.

ivykiller Sun 02-May-10 23:36:58

Glad to see it all worked out OK for you! Hope other disatisfied Moben customers contact them!

bombi Sun 02-May-10 23:52:48

thanks IVYKILLER, hope other M/Netters with problems get sorted too.

eeniemeenie Tue 04-May-10 12:48:49

Does this mean that ANYONE who has had a bad experience with Moben can contact them? My God they will be busy wink! Does this extend to their bathroom division (is it Dolphin?????) aswell I wonder?hmm

TinyPawz Tue 04-May-10 23:27:59

the nosey moo in me was wondering if this was ever sorted.

Glad it finally was.

although I still can't afford them

DaisymooSteiner Tue 04-May-10 23:29:31

If that post isn't by a Moben plant I will eat my smelly socks.

racingheart Tue 04-May-10 23:39:42

Maybe they could go round to my sister's and sort hers out next. What they did bother to send and install fell apart within weeks and they refused to even pick up calls from her number. Susan Kinnaird are you there?

bombi Wed 05-May-10 00:05:47

DaisymooSteiner - do you want pickles with those smelly socks ?

bombi Wed 05-May-10 00:12:00

racingheart - the deal from Mobens Susan Kinnaird is that past, dissatisfied customers contact her through her personal email address, thats to get the ball rolling. If people can't be bothered to do this or their lingering cynicism prevents them from doing so - well nothing will get resolved.

Chandra Wed 05-May-10 00:19:00

Actually, I wouldn't buy from Moben Kitchens out of principle. The only racist incident I have ever had in this country came from a man working or owning one of the Moben Kitchen franchises.

We complained, we were dully ignored. But putting the racism to the side, I don't think they are that great, or such good quality, actually, I don't think they are better than Wickes, probably the same but with a better marketing campaign behind them and at a higher price.

JoStokesDenson Thu 25-Aug-11 22:30:10

I saw this and wanted to share the pain that you have all had my husband has been going on abou tthis for 6 years.. How Moben and kitcehn retaillers are a pain. Someone mentioned HOW THEY ARE ALL LINKED. Also he mentions how some people would benefit from being BETTER INFORMED.

He tells me it is quite common that people get starry eyed and wisked off their fet by sales people, he also wrote an ARTICLE TO HELP. I wanted to let you and the others know.

If you know anyone caught out by Moben or Norwood going pop tell them to CLICK HERE

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now