to want my partner not to shave all his hair off?

(18 Posts)
kerstina Wed 24-Feb-10 19:06:57

I hate it when my OH shaves all his hair off it does not suit him at all and i moan about it constantly but he takes no notice as he likes it bald.wink I feel hurt that he disregards my feelings but am i being unreasonable and shallow ?
I tell him i would not have gone out with him if he had looked like that when i met him!grin

JackSpratt Wed 24-Feb-10 19:10:00

if you wanted to cut you're hair mega short and he objected how would you feel?

KurriKurri Wed 24-Feb-10 19:12:38

What will you do if he eventually goes bald - make him wear a toupee?

coppertop Wed 24-Feb-10 19:14:27

His hair. His choice.

Kaloki Wed 24-Feb-10 19:57:42

YABU. I had an ex who kept telling me he hated my hair short, I made him cut it for me. He shut up after that.

southeastastra Wed 24-Feb-10 19:59:19

my dp is always threatening to do that, i hate the shaved baldy head look. i do think the combover should make a comeback though.

Kaloki Wed 24-Feb-10 20:01:55

Combover?! YABVU! lol

kerstina Wed 24-Feb-10 21:26:41

OH has told me to tell you he is not receding he is just lazy ! He used to go to an expensive salon now he just shaves it all off when it starts annoying him. How times change eh ?
All he needs is some tatoos another pet hate of mine.
I guess i should just shut up then not happy thoughgrin

Triggles Wed 24-Feb-10 21:33:06

My DH does that frequently as well. I'm not horribly fond of it, I like him to have some hair even if it's quite short, but his hair, his choice. He would never tell me how to get my hair cut.

It is funny though, if a female came on here saying her OH told her he wanted her to do her hair the way he wanted, people would say he is controlling! hmm

OrmRenewed Wed 24-Feb-10 21:36:15

YABU. Be thankful he still has a choice! DH's hair went south about 20 yrs ago. Let him play with his hair while he stil has it grin

SirBoobAlot Wed 24-Feb-10 21:42:35

I have only every known DP with a bald head - he shaves it every morning (if only I had that commitment to my legs...), and I seriously love running my hand over it when its all smooth and shiny! I do wonder what he'd look like with hair (have seen pictures, but not recent ones), but its him, its his hair, its how he likes it.

Its okay for you to not like it, or wish he wouldn't, but its not okay to ask him not to because of this. If he's happy with it, then just don't look above his eyebrows if you really hate it wink

OhFuck Wed 24-Feb-10 21:44:25

DP is rapidly going bald (probably due to living with me) and has taken to shaving it all off. I will confess to preferring it when it's just cropped with clippers - but anything's better than the alternative [shudder]

plus3 Wed 24-Feb-10 21:46:43

My DH used to have a beard before I met him. I know it existed because I have seen photographic evidence....it made me cry it was sooooo hidious.

He has a beautiful face and why he would want to cover it up is beyond me.

I do not ever want him to grow another beard. He knows this.

So I don't think YABU!

lilylu22 Wed 24-Feb-10 21:49:12

My DP does this too. We go to the gym quite a lot though so being able to wipe your entire head with a towel and remove all the sweat is very appealing. I probably would too if I could get away with it..

kerstina Thu 25-Feb-10 14:01:44

Thank you all for your replies they made me smile.
Yes you are right if i wanted short hair i would probably go ahead but if he really hated it would not as surely you want to please your partner and look attractive to them ?
Well at least thats true in the early days ! I remember reading an article once that we like our partners to look like they did when we first fell in love with them so my reaction could be instinctive. Also explains why some men don't like it if their wives totally change the way they look. Probably also why men often go on to go out with spitting images of their wives when they were younger.

BritFish Thu 25-Feb-10 16:29:10

i dont think you're being unreasonable at all to feel that way!
for both sides in a relationship you have to compromise though, midway between the two?
my DP has a good head of hair, and i just wouldnt fancy him as much if he shaved it all off.
its not shallow, physical attractiveness does actually happen to count in fancying someone grin

Asana Thu 25-Feb-10 17:35:16

YABU, but of course I would say that wink

annamaclachlainn Mon 06-Jun-16 13:36:03

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now