Talk

Advanced search

To ask this really annoying question?

(15 Posts)
SprocketAndTubbs Thu 12-Nov-09 20:28:43

I know this is a bit bizarre, but I can't get the song 'Long Distance Clara' (Pidgeon Street from the 1980s) out of my head.

I've been singing it for days, much to the annoyance of those around me blush. Can anybody recommend another really annoying tune that gets stuck in your head, so at least I won't be boring as well as annoying! grin

It's been a long day.

cookielove Thu 12-Nov-09 20:31:24

this is the song that never ends, it goes on and on my friend, some people started singing it not knowing what it was, and they'll continue singing it for ever just because, this is the song that never ends ............

Tippychicks Thu 12-Nov-09 20:33:18

Why don't you build yourself a word? Doo doo dobedobedo
CAP becomes CAPE with me
NAP becomes NAPE with me
TAP becomes TAPE with me
I'm magic,magic E!! Magic, Magic E!

Or

Say no to strangers, say no no no no no
SAY no to strangers, don't ever with them go
Short or tall, thin or fat
Young or old with a big old hat (think I may have misremembered that bit)
Say no to strangers, say no no no no no

Do they HAVE to be from 80's kids shows? Cos while that is a fountain of head-sticky wonder, you could branch out into another annoying songs?

PyrotechnicToadstool Thu 12-Nov-09 20:34:45

I have a song from Carrie and David's popshop stuck in my head. I win.

Oh and I don't mean one of the show's songs as such I mean a song they 'made'. It's more annoying than Is It This Or Is It That

notanumber Thu 12-Nov-09 20:34:47

You're Beautiful by James Blunt.

I always used that as the antidote to CBeebies' Bedtime Business.

Though it made me even more killy than I was previously, so dunno how useful it really is.

juneybean Thu 12-Nov-09 20:40:52

I've got Phil Collins Against All Odds stuck in my head hmm

SprocketAndTubbs Thu 12-Nov-09 20:50:57

Oooh no Tippychicks, it can be any annoying song at all - I did have 'You to me are everything' by The Real Thing in my head for literally months - I used to wake up singing it, it drove me crackers - this was replaced by 'I should be so lucky' by Kylie Minogue, but the Pidgeon Street episode has sunk me to an all time low. I can never seem to not have a song stuck in my head and would really appreciate some peace and quiet once in a while, but a change is as good as a rest!!

stuffitllllama Thu 12-Nov-09 20:56:45

"even when the darkest clouds are in the sky.."

i've ruined your week, it will NOT go away grin

hobnobsaremyfave Thu 12-Nov-09 21:05:14

I've been singing the oompa loompa song from charlie and the chocolate factory all afternoon after a discussion on another thread! see MN can really drive you mad

southeastastra Thu 12-Nov-09 21:06:48

no i can only keep thinking of the actual pigeon street song.

thanks for that grin

BrandonsMummy Thu 12-Nov-09 21:08:27

Hello Hello, how are you? ...

<usually have to leave the room until>

... I said goodbye, I'm happy that you came! I said goodbye, won't you please come back, please come back, plllleeease come back aa-gain?

SprocketAndTubbs Thu 12-Nov-09 21:12:10

Stuffitlllama - is that 'Spread a little happiness?'

Southeastastra - Sorry! blush but the Pigeon Street song is quite cool, until you start singing it out loud without realising, then you may get a few funny looks! grin

SprocketAndTubbs Thu 12-Nov-09 21:15:07

BrandonsMummy - Now that song has reminded me of 'Hello' by Lionel Ritchie! Another one that get stuck - Gah! grin

SprocketAndTubbs Thu 12-Nov-09 21:17:35

gets

Bathsheba Thu 12-Nov-09 21:18:32

Sk8r Boi by Avril Lavigne is internationally acknowledged as the BEST "Song Stuck In Head" eraser...

Only problem is that you end up with Sk8r Boi stuck in your head instead....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d7KFD1S3Jx4

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now