Talk

Advanced search

to be irritated by this letter from the school???

(7 Posts)
alwayslookingforanswers Thu 12-Nov-09 16:01:00

In September we got letters home asking if our child would be going for the whole school visit to the Pantomime in December, no need to send money straight away as it wasn't due until November.

I duly sent the form back saying yes and forgot about it.

Last Monday we got the newsletter home including a bit about the money due for it

"please could any outstanding monies be sent into school by Friday 27th November"

ok - no problem - Violin lesson money also due end of the month. As it happens I got the money out today to send into school what I assumed would be early.

today we have had a letter home saying

"We have received confirmation from you that your child will be coming to the pantomime, and the tickets have been purchased.

Please could you send payment for this trip, £15,00 is a named envelope, by return as this is now overdue"

How the f*ck can it be overdue when last week they said it was due by the 27th????

Iklboo Thu 12-Nov-09 16:03:19

I'd sent it in with a copy of their letter with the date highlighted and a 'I refer to your letter of..'

But that's the kind of gal I am wink

BlingLoving Thu 12-Nov-09 16:03:26

They're idiots?

SongOfThePEACHY Thu 12-Nov-09 16:08:13

Idiots

We ahd a letter last week informing us that school can no longer afford to subsidise some things so we will pay more (they already don't do help for poorer kids etc)

Things??

If they say music will be say 50% more I can save or opt out (that includes of getting ds2 a drum kit for Christmas)
Bloody useless

(sorry)

TheCrackFox Thu 12-Nov-09 16:13:12

They do sound a bit disorganised - but then so am I.

I have to say that a whole school trip to the pantomime does sound lovely.

alwayslookingforanswers Thu 12-Nov-09 16:19:28

I'm usually disorganised too - but I've been making an effort this term to get monies and stuff in on time. Pantomime trip will be lovely I'm sure - I've mananged to make sure both DS's have been to all of their trips (though why the infant school trip to the same theatre -and I think same pantomime was only £8 and the junior schools £15 I don't know - and can't be arsed to ask).

If I had a cheque book I'd send a cheque in dated 5 days before the 27th of November with the letter that they sent last week. Unfortunately I don't have a cheque book so I shall take the money up there myself tomorrow along with the letter and say something.

Fine if I was overdue send me a letter reminding me, but don't send me a letter 15 days before they've told me the money due telling me it's late GRRRRRRRRR

alwayslookingforanswers Thu 12-Nov-09 19:22:42

bump as I've just looked at the letters on the worktop again and am feeling irritated again blush

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now