Talk

Advanced search

To want the Asda woman in customer services to actually look at me when I'm talking to her?

(11 Posts)
Rhubarb Thu 12-Nov-09 14:10:34

So I phone them yesterday to ask if they have any Christmas vacancies and they ask me to pop into the store to pick up an application form.

I make a special trip to the store (we don't usually shop there as it's difficult to get to) this morning and go to customer services. The woman there didn't acknowledge but carried on chatting to a colleague next to her and then started talking to another colleague stood next to me, still without even looking at me.

When she finally does acknowledge me I ask for an application form for Christmas vacancies and was mid-sentence when she looked over my shoulder and started talking to another colleague!

I stopped then and just looked at her. She then said to me very briskly "there are no vacancies." I explain that I only phoned yesterday and was told there were, but she replied "we were informed by personnel this morning that we're not to give out any more application forms." She then turns her back on me and starts doing something behind the desk.

I walk away feeling deflated and angry.

I could do a much better job in customer services than her! I wish now I'd said something to her.

notwavingjustironing Thu 12-Nov-09 14:11:48

That is so irritating. Think of it as a lucky escape - you probably wouldn't have wanted to work with such rude people anyway!

tvaerialmagpiebin Thu 12-Nov-09 14:13:20

YANBU
I hate it most when they are talking to each other and hold out their hand for your money or whatever. What I do is hold onto it until they realise, then they look at you, then you can give them a big smile and say thank you so much. OK so it is small beer in the grand cheme of things but "Customer Service" should man they have at least had some basic training in people skills.
Sorry you didn't get a job though. Have you tried the other supermarkets?

traceybath Thu 12-Nov-09 14:14:10

I'd be tempted to phone again as wouldn't believe the person you spoke to.

Perhaps also drop into conversation how unhelpful the customer services lady was.

Rhubarb Thu 12-Nov-09 14:18:59

I think I'll do that traceybath, trouble is what if I get her on the phone?

And yes, I've phoned every supermarket in my local area.

tvaerialmagpiebin Thu 12-Nov-09 14:25:39

If it is her on the phone, you might even shame her into remembering how she spoke to you. Yes, if you tell her how unhelpful the person you spoke to, she might get the message!

Rhubarb Thu 12-Nov-09 14:28:05

Well I just phoned and explained what happened, they were shocked I'd been treated that way and confirmed that they do have vacancies angry

Imagine telling me that they didn't!

Stupid cow, so I've complained about her. Glad I managed to memorise her name.

tvaerialmagpiebin Thu 12-Nov-09 14:29:20

Well done.
nasty cow woman.
Hope you get the job.

Rhubarb Thu 12-Nov-09 14:33:00

I don't want the job now though! Not if it means working with rude people like her.

tvaerialmagpiebin Thu 12-Nov-09 14:35:51

No I suppose not, maybe you could ask to be trained in customer care then she could get booted out.

Jamieandhismagictorch Thu 12-Nov-09 14:37:21

This sort of thing would not happen in Waitrose ....

YANBU - Customer service my arse.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now