Talk

Advanced search

To not want to share my slippers?

(20 Posts)
Chickenshavenolips Thu 12-Nov-09 10:47:22

Yes, ok, maybe I am odd, but I have a thing about feet. I don't like them. I wouldn't willingly share socks/shoes etc, and walking barefoot around a swimming pool makes me want to throw up. My DH knows that I feel this way about feet. Every time I buy a pair of slippers, he ends up 'sharing' them, and it makes me want to stab him with a spoon. If I raise my 'skanky foot' objections, he looks at me like I'm slightly mad. Which I probably am. My parents are visiting this weekend, and I will hide my slippers so that my mother doesn't put them on when she pops out for a cigarette <shudder>. AIBU?

BibiThree Thu 12-Nov-09 10:50:33

No you are absolutely not being unreasonable. I'd hate to share my slippers too. Phone your mother right away and tell her to bring her own!

diddl Thu 12-Nov-09 10:51:14

My mind is boggling at the type of slippers you & your husband can share tbh!

And that he can gt his feet in your slippers!

Get him to buy his own.

I´ve never heard of anything sorevolting!

YANBU!

Disenchanted3 Thu 12-Nov-09 10:51:31

yanbu

Chickenshavenolips Thu 12-Nov-09 10:52:33

I have hooves rather than feet, diddl blush, and I favour the 'slip on' type of slipper.

diddl Thu 12-Nov-09 10:54:16

Sorry, I may have misunderstood.blush

Who actually wears your slippers?

Well, whoever, YANBU!

And why does your Mum go outside in slippers?
Can´t she just slip her shoes on?

morningpaper Thu 12-Nov-09 10:55:22

buy these - problem solved

diddl Thu 12-Nov-09 10:56:25

I was envisaging yur husband stuffing his feet "ugly sister" like into pink fluffy mulesgrin

My feet are 36 so no one else can get in them!

Chickenshavenolips Thu 12-Nov-09 10:56:43

That's the thing, diddl, slippers seem to be fair game for any passing family member! DH wears them around the house if he comes across them, and my Mum wears them if they're closer than her shoes hmm Slippers have always had multi purpose qualities to my Mum.

Chickenshavenolips Thu 12-Nov-09 10:57:15

grin @ morningpaper!

morningpaper Thu 12-Nov-09 10:58:57

Would you mother stick her feet in these?

Chickenshavenolips Thu 12-Nov-09 11:01:22

To be fair, morningpaper, no one would use those slippers! The local vicar is a friend of mine, and I don't think answering the door with a couple of eager penises on my feet would give the right impression.

Disenchanted3 Thu 12-Nov-09 11:05:09

Nice MP but wheres the pubes? Surely they are vital to toe warmage?

cat64 Thu 12-Nov-09 11:16:17

Message withdrawn

Floopy21 Thu 12-Nov-09 13:47:00

Better than when I found out my DH (we were just courting at this point) had been sharing my toothbrush for weeks. Although with your foot phobia, you may disagree!

kreecherlivesupstairs Thu 12-Nov-09 13:54:43

YANBU. I have really minging feet with fungal toenails and chronic athletes foot. No one in their right midn would want to share my slippers and even if they did , I woudln't want them to.

Blondeshavemorefun Thu 12-Nov-09 14:27:42

buy a pair of spare slippers for £2/3 and leave for visitors to wear

i HATE cold feet and always wear slippers so no i wouldnt share

do you mind dh rubbing his bare feet on you in bed?

janx Thu 12-Nov-09 14:49:47

I once shared a house with 5 others - one day I got home and I couldn't find my slippers...in walk my male housemate with my slippers on....when I asked why on earth did he have them on - he simply answered he was cold - wtf hmm...YANBU

MrsVik Thu 12-Nov-09 15:35:52

Urgh - I totally sympathise about the feet thing! You need to get some guest slippers. YADNBU!

bumblingalong Thu 12-Nov-09 16:55:32

urgh blondeshavemorefun - i hate it when dp accidentally touches me whith his foot whilst wearing socks!

Chickenshavenolips - YANBU, my sister thinks nothing of wearing my slippers when she pops round, even though I've bought her another pair to wear! angry

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now