Talk

Advanced search

To get a bit miffed when I have spent ages cooking a lovely meal

(6 Posts)
Marioandluigi Thu 12-Nov-09 09:56:16

and then my DH drowns it in Tomato Ketchup angry

He even did it last night when I made Carbonara.

Stayingsunnygirl Thu 12-Nov-09 10:08:45

I'd be cross too, Marioandluigi. We have ketchup with some meals but not with others, and even when we do have ketchup, I don't want people to drown the food in it.

I am sounding just like my mum!

kreecherlivesupstairs Thu 12-Nov-09 10:25:50

Not in the slightest. My dh has brown sauce and for extra special 'jazzing up', chilli's. DD has been giving him the evil eye and told him that not everything needs ''jazzing up'.
Jazzing up = his words formaking it more interesting/spicey hmm

PigeonPie Thu 12-Nov-09 10:33:10

You certainly have a right to be miffed so you're NBU! I'd be furious! I get cross when MIL puts salt and pepper liberally all over the food I've prepared without even tasting it first. Especially when I normally check seasoning before it gets to the table. We normally put the salt and pepper on the table for manners, but now I 'forget' to put it out!

Parmageddon Thu 12-Nov-09 10:34:30

YANBU - my ex used to do this with almost every meal, particularly pasta hmm. Very irritating!

lorelilee Thu 12-Nov-09 13:34:15

YABU. If you cook something FOR someone, it is entirely up to them how they choose to eat it. It's not about you.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now