Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

to think that 'Spooks' is unrealistic...because there's not enough swearing?

(8 Posts)
InMyLittleHead Wed 11-Nov-09 21:52:30

Seriously, they have to save the country every Wednesday at 9pm from terrorists, Russian oligarchs and rogue agents and pretty much the worst expletive used is 'damn'. Surely in reality it would be closer to 'The Thick of It' levels of swearing?

Woollymummy Wed 11-Nov-09 22:01:21

ha, glad i'm not the only one trying to multi-task. i fet a bit disrespectful only listening with one ear while also on mumsnet but you are right, not a single f**k, totally not right. but they are trying to be cooler than cool, maybe its actually against MI5 rules to swear, who knows.....

Woollymummy Wed 11-Nov-09 22:03:29

can i just add, no-one eats or goes to the loo either. even the extras. almost not worth watching......

InMyLittleHead Wed 11-Nov-09 23:11:12

It's sometimes worth watching for the men. I know everyone seems to fancy Lucas - prefer Harry myself...

ReneRusso Thu 12-Nov-09 10:23:10

Well, I know what you mean, but there must some middle ground - I find the swearing in 'The Thick of It' gratuitous and annoying. Spooks is worth watching just for Lucas. Ruth's looking a bit rough though.

diddl Thu 12-Nov-09 11:01:23

I only watch for "Lucas" blush

Missed last week.
How did Harry escape, & what happened between him & Ruth?

But I agree OP, there would be more swearing.

Apart from Harry-it wouldn´t suit him, imo.

InMyLittleHead Thu 12-Nov-09 15:50:21

Some think the swearing in The Thick of It is OTT, but I'm told by civil servant friends that it's actually quite low-key compared to the reality...

Harry escaped because Lucas and Ros found out where he was and rescued him, basically - not that exciting. Some terrorists were trying to get him to say where some secret uranium was, and they kidnapped Ruth and her new husband and his kid to get him to tell, but Harry went all stoic and British and wouldn't, so Ruth's husband got shot (which means Harry and Ruth can now get together later in the series) [jealous of Ruth].

prettyfly1 Thu 12-Nov-09 16:07:34

ahhhhhhhhhh richard armitage. (lucas) sigh. Who cares about realism

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now