Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

to have expected a visit or even a midwife phone call by now??

(7 Posts)
passthevino Wed 11-Nov-09 12:29:56

DS is 1 week old & haven't heard from a midwife or a health visitor or anyone. The hospital just keep saying they have "faxed my paperwork through" and that I need to just wait at home.

Although now they're saying that I may have to take him to hospital myself for the heel prick thing if I don't hear from anyone today.

Am having a tough time bfeeding and would love just to even have him weighed to see whether he's doing ok. sad

mumblechum Wed 11-Nov-09 12:31:43

If you call your GP surgery they should give you your HV number and you can call her direct.

Iloveautumn Wed 11-Nov-09 12:33:39

Hi - you should definitely have seen someone by now. Ring your midwife team immediately and I bet they will send someone round pronto.

With my second we "fell through the cracks" and didn't get a visit for a few days and they fell over themselves to apologise. A week is way too long.

Hope you get someone round soon.

Iloveautumn Wed 11-Nov-09 12:34:25

At this stage it should be a midwife not the HV - ring the number you had for when you were pregnant

Sassybeast Wed 11-Nov-09 12:35:33

Definately chase it up - they may have faxed the paperwork but that's no guarantee of receipt. Congratulations on your new baby smile

2rebecca Wed 11-Nov-09 13:07:05

Something has gone wrong, agree it should be the midwife not the health visitor so you need to contact the same team you saw antenatally, not the GP surgery unless the midwives are based there (which they usually aren't)

mazzystartled Wed 11-Nov-09 13:09:38

ring your gp or community midwives

you should definitely have been seen by now

and congratulations!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now