Talk

Advanced search

to be fed up with all the MN bashing threads?

(20 Posts)
Booyhoo Tue 10-Nov-09 23:19:16

ok, so some people shout troll
ok, so some people are on MN everyday
ok, so some people consult MN about alot of things

and lots of others i just cant think of.

but this is a community of all sorts of different people. we all make it what it is. if you dont like a thread just hide it. there seems to be alot of this today and i'm aware that this is a thread about a thread, well lots of threads actually but it's p*ssing me off.

rant over

Geocentric Tue 10-Nov-09 23:29:20

I agree. I love MN and so do most people, I reckon, or else they wouldn't be on here. I think constructive debate (like recentish threads about the tone of AIBU) is great, but if you really don't like the place, I'm sure there are a million other net homes to spend time on instead.

I skip loads of threads, and read through others without posting, its not so hard to step away if you don't like the way a thread is going, no need to bash MN.

Its like being at a big party - lots of different people talking about different things - if you like one group's subject, join in, if not, you're always free to drift around to another group or just catch a taxi and go home!!!

scottishmummy Tue 10-Nov-09 23:31:22

on other hand this dont diss mn.my virtual ickle never met em but tell em when i last farted/knitted my pubes/argued with dp is bitty precious too

it is only words on a screen .
witty riposte with anonymous strangers
nothing more or less

MitchyInge Tue 10-Nov-09 23:34:28

Now you mention it, I haven't farted for ages yet used to be quite accomplished at playing the flatulette

MitchyInge Tue 10-Nov-09 23:36:04

The long musical ones, first thing in the morning were a gift. Must eat more houmous.

Geocentric Tue 10-Nov-09 23:37:24

Definitely, SM, only words on a screen. Which is why I mostly stick to chat threads. But that's just me - I come here for a "time out" from RL. But each of us gets something different out of MN - fine by me. (am getting too philosophical so now I'm going to add a biscuit to lighten things up wink)

Booyhoo Tue 10-Nov-09 23:38:22

SM i agree, i dont like the fart consultations but if i see one (thread that is, not fart)i just move away, i dont need to tell everyone i dont like it. there just seems to be alot of bashing at the minute. perhaps there's something in the water.

Booyhoo Tue 10-Nov-09 23:39:33

i do get that im bashing the bashers.

scottishmummy Tue 10-Nov-09 23:40:11

i see words on a screen.i/you/we produce words on a screen

this has no animation or substance. we don't meet.no corroboration or interaction

just words on a screen.which is a statement of fact

Geocentric Tue 10-Nov-09 23:42:24

Booyhoo, hmmm, bashing the bashers in a thread about a thread about a thread or ten... I've lost myself now!!! grin

Booyhoo Tue 10-Nov-09 23:44:27

me too geo. think i'll go to bed now.

Booyhoo Tue 10-Nov-09 23:45:24

not that i'm consulting you all on it or anything. grin

KiwiKat Tue 10-Nov-09 23:45:29

No interaction? Rubbish. I'm interacting with you now, by responding to your post. I come on here FOR the interaction, the advice, the silly stories, and so on. 'Word on a screen' is as simplistic as calling the spoken word 'breathy clicks and grunts'. They're designed to share thoughts, and often to elicit a response.

MitchyInge Wed 11-Nov-09 10:01:32

I need a poo.

MitchyInge Wed 11-Nov-09 10:27:09

I had one, and also a wee.

Geocentric Wed 11-Nov-09 11:10:07

Feeling good now, Mitchy? grin

duchesse Wed 11-Nov-09 11:20:39

Oh, I thought you meant threads on MN for the purposes of bashing. Disappointed now.

Anyway, I agree with you. Mumsnet, like many other things, is best not micro-managed.

posieparker Wed 11-Nov-09 11:24:25

I love it so much I enhanced this bit on Useful resource

MitchyInge Wed 11-Nov-09 12:31:40

yes thank you geo!

check back later for more exciting updates, I think there might be another one brewing already

Booyhoo Wed 11-Nov-09 12:39:18

well i need a pee but i'm wearing spanx and cant be bothered breathing in for long enough to get them down.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now