Talk

Advanced search

To think as you grow older and have children you gain friends and lose them

(5 Posts)
petalsinthewind Tue 10-Nov-09 22:36:14

I feel so sad I have had friends who I always been there for, like wise so I thought and now I have young children my friends are not there for me anymore and we have grown apart maybe because circumstances have changed , aibu to expect more please tell me your stories xx sad

VinegarTits Wed 11-Nov-09 12:57:46

Why are your friends not there for you anymore? have you tried contacting them? and they told you to buzz off cos you have kids now?

Friends are a 2 way thing, you have to make the effort to stay in touch and fine common interests

All of my friends i have known since school, are lives have changed dramatically since we werer young, but we still make the effort to stay in touch, a good frind will always be your friend imo

claraquack Wed 11-Nov-09 13:00:28

It's pretty hard to stay friends with people when you have children and they don't - rare is the childless friend who will stick with you when you are knackered from lack of sleep/have no interest in drinking all night/only want to talk about the fact that your newborn poo-ed eight times today.

But you will make new friends and your old friends might well come back to you when they have children of their own.

MintyCane Wed 11-Nov-09 13:01:31

I agree with Vinegar maybe they are more busy but it doesn't mean they are not there any more. I would contact them.

VinegarTits Wed 11-Nov-09 13:07:59

Well if i had a childless friend who didnt bother with me anymore because i had a child then they are no friend of mine anyway

New mothers dont just talk about babies and shitty nappies you know, when i had my dc i was still going to concerts/pubs with my childless friends

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now