Talk

Advanced search

Favours

(5 Posts)
fuzzymummy Tue 10-Nov-09 20:47:35

Hi , my sister-in-law has often asked me to pick up or babysit her child/children . Yet has only once returned the favour . Also she is quite deaf and a bit of a tidy freak so prefers housework to childcare so I am not that keen to have her babysit my lot anyway . How do you tell her she is abusing the connection without being ungracious . I often try to fob her off with excuses but I really wish she wouldn't ask anymore .

bigchris Tue 10-Nov-09 20:48:38

tell your brother?

HellBent Tue 10-Nov-09 20:49:23

Why don't you ask her for some housework help at yours instead? Or just don't pick up the phone when she calls asking for help?

thisisyesterday Tue 10-Nov-09 20:50:56

why is it abusing the "connection"?

if she asks you to babysit and you are happy to then that's fine
if you don't really want her to babysit yours then it doesn't matter if she doesn't surely? do you ask and they refuse? or do you just not ask?

maybe she asks you a lot because she/the children like you and you always seem ok to do it?
if you don't want to then just say no

fuzzymummy Tue 10-Nov-09 20:58:52

I feel it is one way traffic as in if I have asked her in the past when I was stuck she would just give an excuse and not oblige . She works and I don't so I think she feels I am always available and wouldn't be busy . I didn't mind at first and her kids do seem to like it . I just feel I am being used . I stay at home to look after my kids not because I don't need the money .

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now