Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

our ds walked to school in the morns however

(36 Posts)
midsummereve Tue 10-Nov-09 12:39:21

she called to tell me that we should stop as her ds was getting to hyper and then playing up at school, since then she whispers to say hello when we walk past each other so they dont hear or see each other , I have had to send her ds back to her in the morns or they both change and become a nightmare, I feel bad and its has really hurt me i told her as I felt she was blaming my son although she denied this,things have become strained aibu.

Disenchanted3 Tue 10-Nov-09 12:40:40

eh?

displayuntilbestbefore Tue 10-Nov-09 12:42:44

I raise you another EH?

RealityBites Tue 10-Nov-09 12:43:50

Message withdrawn

MintyCane Tue 10-Nov-09 12:44:15

huh ?

Disenchanted3 Tue 10-Nov-09 12:44:28

I match your 'EH?' and raise you a 'WTF?'

RealityBites Tue 10-Nov-09 12:45:02

Message withdrawn

Disenchanted3 Tue 10-Nov-09 12:45:06

Yea, but ... no, but ..

nickelbabe Tue 10-Nov-09 12:45:56

what these slatterns mean, midsummereve, is we think you might have missed somethign otu of your OP because we don't quite get what has happened.

is this another mum who would normally walk your DS?

nickelbabe Tue 10-Nov-09 12:46:08

grin

displayuntilbestbefore Tue 10-Nov-09 12:46:21

is this a mickey-take on MN threads perchance?

PyrotechnicToadstool Tue 10-Nov-09 12:46:34

Oh, yeah definitely. Definitely not BU. Unless you are BU of course?

midsummereve Tue 10-Nov-09 12:48:16

Sorry I used to walk mine and her boy to school there and back, my friend started to have probs with her son not settling in school and she phoned to say for me not to take him anymore and that the boys should not walk togther anymore, as this doesnt help her son,I tried to understand but was only trying to help out, I was upset and told her so as I felt my son was being blamed she hardly speaks to me and are friendship is strained aibu.

sherby Tue 10-Nov-09 12:48:36

I think the two mums were walking together, but mum A told mum B that they would have to stop as the two boys walking together were making boy A hyper at the start of school. So now they don't walk together but the mums whisper hello and mum B is pissed off because she thinks her son B is being blamed for boy A being hyper

or something

Disenchanted3 Tue 10-Nov-09 12:49:08

YABI

(You are being incomprehensible)

Disenchanted3 Tue 10-Nov-09 12:51:23

Ahhh, i see.

YANBU to be upset, have you asked her why she feels its your DS that has unsettled him?

Maybe she genuinly thinks a quiet walk to school will calm him more for school,

could you try to reignite the friendship outside of walking to school,

Invite her round without the kids to chat?

midsummereve Tue 10-Nov-09 12:53:29

Sherby you are right, and no this is not a piss take this is something that I really needed to talk about, sorry that it did not make sense but hopefully I have explained or sherby has thanks Sherby xx

diddl Tue 10-Nov-09 12:53:30

So she is now walking her son?

Sowhat´s the problem?

colditz Tue 10-Nov-09 12:57:34

Hey!

Guess what?

Not everyone had the opportunity to carry their education very far. If you horrible lot think you're so fucking clever, put the effort in and decipher it, like you would if you were talking to someone with a speech problem! Or would you take the piss then too?

MIDSUMMEREVE

This is probably muchmore to do with your friend's son's behavior than it is to do with your friend. He might have problems calming down once he is at school. I don't let Ds1 walk with friends for this reason. I need to keep him calm in the morning, he's very excitable.

displayuntilbestbefore Tue 10-Nov-09 12:58:04

Ahm in that case YANBU to feel a bit cross about it. She may not be blaming your son for her son getting hyper, just the situation of walking to school with a friend, any friend, that's causing it so maybe she finds walking him to school on her own is more of a calm start to the day.
Have a coffee with her and you could always say you hope she isn't against the boys ploaying together at other timnes even if the mornigns aren't too good for her.
Sorry for thinking you were taking the mickey - it just read like a real mix of thread titles!!!! smile

midsummereve Tue 10-Nov-09 12:58:30

she has hardly spoken to me and she is meant to be a good friend and yes she is walking her own son but she whispers hello when we see each other so her son does not hear or see my son.and its like she trying to avpid us running into each other .

Booyhoo Tue 10-Nov-09 12:59:13

is your son hyper?

is he calmer now that he walks alone?

Disenchanted3 Tue 10-Nov-09 12:59:36

My education didn't go further then highschool,
I wasn't taking the piss, well I didn't mean to and apologise if it was taken that way.

displayuntilbestbefore Tue 10-Nov-09 13:00:56

well that just seems silly tbh and if she doesn't respond graciously to an invitation for coffee then I wouldn't waste anymore time worrying about it.
Why whisper hello to you but not just oipenly say hello to your son and let them say hello? That's plain odd! They'll see each other at school anyway, won't they?

Sonnet Tue 10-Nov-09 13:03:35

I always found that my DC were calmer if walked to school on their own when young.

I don't think she has any issues with you - she still says "hello".

I would suggest that you invite her son ( and her) around to play. This way the relationship can still be maintained whilst allowing for calm mornings

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now